Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4 >
  • Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4

• Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4

Old 09-05-2020, 08:49 AM

Janice, if we are doing both groups how much $$$$ do we need to send to you? I am guess that I can send both to you in one envelope and then owe for 2 envelopes going to other Boomers and then one or two envelopes back to me?
    Old 09-05-2020, 09:45 AM

Hi ya'll. New to QB. This forum appears to be a pleasant group of friends, so looking forward to being a part of Boom25. I am a twice widowed, retired teacher, mother of 2 chihuahuas, 1 cat, 2 adult sons, 3 gd, and 3 gs. Member of AzaleaCityQG and GulfStatesQA. Enjoy reading, listening to podcasts, and machine piecing. Fond of Batiks, jewel tones, heart motifs, participating in swaps and round/row robins. Looking forward to meeting all.
    Old 09-05-2020, 09:50 AM

Great question, Bugaroo. If you are in both groups, you will need to send me $8.40 per group, per mailing. I’m the event I can easily squeeze both groups into a single envelope, I will refund you the extra. the ability to squeeze two groups together depends on large part on how small everyone makes their F8 packages. The smaller everyone makes them, the better chance I can put both groups materials in a single padded envelope. I’m just not happy with overstuffing the packages and praying they don’t explode before you all receive them.
    Originally Posted by Bugaroo
    Janice, if we are doing both groups how much $$$$ do we need to send to you? I am guess that I can send both to you in one envelope and then owe for 2 envelopes going to other Boomers and then one or two envelopes back to me?

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-05-2020 at 09:57 AM. Reason: clarity
    Old 09-05-2020, 10:00 AM

Hi Mobile, I received your email...thank you! It sounds like you are an experienced quilter. Lucky us! We're all levels here so you might be able to share some of your experience with the group at various times throughout the swap. We look forward to learning more about you and you about us. Enjoy your day!

Originally Posted by Mobile
    Hi ya'll. New to QB. This forum appears to be a pleasant group of friends, so looking forward to being a part of Boom25. I am a twice widowed, retired teacher, mother of 2 chihuahuas, 1 cat, 2 adult sons, 3 gd, and 3 gs. Member of AzaleaCityQG and GulfStatesQA. Enjoy reading, listening to podcasts, and machine piecing. Fond of Batiks, jewel tones, heart motifs, participating in swaps and round/row robins. Looking forward to meeting all.
    Old 09-05-2020, 10:06 AM

Default Updated Group lists.

Good afternoon, Boomers. Here are the groups as they stand now. We have a full group of 20 people in the 3 month group. That means each of you will be sending me 19 F8s.

In the 2 month group we have a definite 12. Those three with an asterisk beside their name below will be sending one F8 per member and making one block per member. Is there anyone else who wishes to send only a single F8 per member and make one block per member? Please let me know asap. I'd like to give everyone the final tally by Monday morning so you can begin shipping right after Labor Day. I'll send you an email with my contact info once everything is set.

Here are the groups...

2 month (12)
    Bugaroo
    Hav4boys
    Ibex94
    Jaba
    JayneW*
    Libster
    Klaws
    Macybaby
    mjpEncinitas*
    Mobile
    Sewbizgirl
    Terriamn*

*making one block per member

3 Month Group (20)
    Annt59
    Bibliostone
    Bugaroo
    CarrieM
    Cheesehead
    GramE
    Hav4boys
    IrishMom
    Jaba
    Janice McC
    Juliasb
    Klaws
    LAF2019
    Libster
    Macybaby
    MadebySue
    mjpEncinitas
    Sewbizgirl
    Terriamn
    TravelingGramma
    All are making one block per member

Old 09-05-2020, 10:23 AM

A little about me. First, I've been running the Boomerang Swaps (Booms) since the end of 2013. Can it be that long? Sheesh! I receive a great deal of pleasure in bringing folks together to have a little quilty fun. I hope you all enjoy your participation in Boom 25!

I'm married to a wonderful DH. It's almost 39 years. We have two grown sons, one of whom married last year to a lovely woman and they gave us a darling granddaughter. She's now 8 months old. Woo hoo! I'm also mom to 2 dogs, a 15 1/2 yo mutt and a 9 yo pitbull, as well as a 10 year old cat I inherited a few years back. All are rescues in their own way. I began quilting about 2000. What started as a lesson in making a block has escalated greatly. In addition to this swap, I do participate in a candy block swap also on the QB. I am finishing up a mystery quilt through that swap. I've got several other tops that need to be quilted and countless other blocks that will eventually become tops. I'm also taking an online FMQ class that cannot do anything but help me improve my currently poor FMQ. It starts in earnest next week so life is about to get busy for me.

That's enough about me. Who's next?
    Old 09-05-2020, 12:23 PM

About Boom me. Boom 18 was my first boom. I sent in dancing skeleton fabric (Day of the Dead). Jaba was the first person I ever made a boom block for. I like to do applique and FMQ. I've been wrestling with a Sweet 16 machine for the last two years so this has made FMQ difficult. I'm much better at FMQ than piecing. I learned a lot about piecing from my boom sisters . (especially Sewbiz, GramE and Kass) They've been very encouraging! (travelinggramma, libster and everyone) I love doing Christmas blocks and Terriamn's wild fabrics. IF you play the game one of these blocks is not like the others, usually my block is that block. My proudest boom moment is when I saw one of my later palm tree boom blocks right in the center of JABA's quilt.

This is my first time doing both booms. I'm always in awe of Libby, Jaba, SewBiz, Terriamn and those of you who do both booms with ease. I'm slow on the blocks.

About me. I live in the San Diego area. I've been married to a very tolerant man for 33 years with three kids (Omaha, San Fran and with us) . I'm living vicariously through you for the grandkids. We love to bike, hike, play tennis, and kayak. If he had his way we would be living in the middle of a forest with no one around. For me it would be Paris. Thus for two months a year we usually travel around in our kluged up van and stay in National/state/county parks and wilderness areas. I usually work on a crazy quilt during those travels.

I'm an exercise physiologist who specializes in Fall Prevention. I miss my seniors during Covid! I think Covid may have pushed me into retirement!

I look forward to making your blocks.

Old 09-05-2020, 02:30 PM

Hi Everyone...a little about me. I live in Tucson, Arizona. I have one daughter and three grandchildren: two girls, 12 & 10; a boy, 7. I’m married to a CPA, who works a lot. I’m a freelance court reporter, just getting back to work in the past month. I am probably one of the few people who enjoys wearing a mask at work. I have to keep a straight face at all times in court, and it’s really been nice to not worry so much about that.

My DD and GKs live back East, so I’ve spent the last several years splitting my time between Tucson and the East Coast so I can be a part of their lives on a daily basis, but we’ve decided to stay in Tucson full-time now since February. Good timing really. We don’t have any pets currently bc we’ve been gone a lot, and I travel for my job.

I walk most mornings 3 miles, “swim” with my trusty kick board, and squeeze in yoga when I can.

I’ve been sewing since home ec class (remember those?) in high school. My neighbor loaned me a sewing machine in exchange for mending her clothes. I started quilting in 2012, mostly self-taught from books and the internet. My oldest granddaughter talked me into creating a YouTube channel this past December so she can “watch me sew after I die.” I’m in my 50s btw😂. She’s a whiz on everything YouTube so it’s been a fun project for us. I’ll probably post videos of making some of my Boom 25 blocks.

I love piecing classic blocks and binding. I’m not very good at FMQ. I do my best to quilt on my Pfaff, but I don’t really enjoy it. I’m reaching the point of sending all my quilts out to a LAer. I have quite a few pieced tops just hanging out taking up space, needing to be quilted.

I’m really looking forward to participating in this group, and I hope you all have a safe and happy Labor Day!

MadeBySue 🌵

Old 09-05-2020, 02:36 PM

Default A boom block with companion fabric

I made a block using the focus fabric and the companion polka dot fabric. I think they go well together .
    Attached Thumbnails d89f5384-27bd-4bd1-aafd-d78009c0041f.jpeg  
    Old 09-05-2020, 02:48 PM

Love the block, Mary Jo!