Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4 >

Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4

Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4

Old 09-05-2020, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

Terri, how exciting to hear about a move! I hope all goes well with that. Are you having garage sales before you go? It will be so nice not to have to deal with snow and ice any more.

Mobile, did your area suffer much damage from hurricane Laura? I'm in central MS and we got lots of damaging wind. We have an uncle from DeRidder LA who is staying with us until they get the power back on for him at home. Loads of damage there!

I'm up to my eyeballs in a difficult Round Robin round, but plan to have that done and gone by the time my Boom package arrives. I'm looking forward to sewing with all of your pretty fabrics, especially MJP's green tapa fabric. I love that!
Old 09-05-2020, 02:51 PM
Power Poster

So nice to see you again, Libster!
Old 09-06-2020, 04:57 AM

Good morning everone! I have been quilting since about 2012. It was only a mild hobby at first, until I got married 5 years ago and Hubby built me a custom sewing table and then encouraged me to get a long arm last year, too. Now he complains that I quilt too much! I work full time as an occupational therapist in home health. So, since i am driving all day and interacting with patients and their family all day, I feel like quilting is a necessary escape and lets me retreat back into my introverted self. I attmepted to make a pair of scrubs once, but learned that I have no ability to think in 3 dimensions. since then I make sure I stick with just 2 dimensional piecing.
Boom 24 was my first boom, and while I still haven't done anything with those blocks, I am looking forward to creating and receiving a new set of blocks!
Old 09-06-2020, 04:58 AM

nice block, mj! love those little swirls inside your flowers.
Old 09-06-2020, 05:32 AM

It’s so fun And interesting hearing about everyone

MJP I love your block.

Sewbiz right now we are giving away stuff we have accumulated at the lake to make it easier when we get our new camper. At home we won’t be putting the house on the market till May then we will have garage sales. After house is sold we will look for a new place somewhere by the lake. Really only need a house here from October through December. I am not ready to be away from my dd and family for the holidays. We are debating on making Texas our primary residence because of the huge tax benefit. In all reality we don’t know what we are doing.

I am participating in a paper pieced swap using the economy block with a fussy cut in the center of fall and Thanksgiving prints. It’s much easier when I precut everything then sit and sew. But imagine every time you want to sew you have to get all your supplies out, sew for the afternoon and then put everything back in containers and put it all away. I lose my motivation.
Old 09-06-2020, 05:51 AM

My name is Karen and this will be my 6th boom and the first time doing both groups. I have one grown son, one grandson (14) and one granddaughter (24). I live alone but close to my son, brother and DGD. My DGS lives with his mother in Virginia. I've been sewing since my teens making some of my own clothes. I made soft sculpted cloth dolls for many years and started quilting in 2012. I have COPD/emphysema so try not to be out in public too much since the Covid crisis. I enjoy quilting, crafting and reading.

I am attaching pictures of the fabric I will be sending. I love the one for the 3 month group with all the bright colors. I want everyone to just use any color in the fabric and have fun with it. The one for the 2 month group is a little more on the subdued side, not my usual bright colors, but still think it will be a pretty quilt.

Attached Thumbnails 3-month-group.jpg   2-month-group.jpg  
Old 09-06-2020, 07:10 AM

Thank you to everyone so far who has shared a bit about themselves and their quilting! It's much appreciated and even those of us who have known each other for years may find a new tidbit we didn't know about some of our favorite quilting buddies.

It looks like the groups are solid now. The three month group will send me 19 F8s apiece and make 19 blocks. The 2 month group will also send me 19 F8s and make 19 blocks with the exception of JayneW, Terriamn and mjpEncinitas who will send me 11 F8s and make 11 blocks. If you haven't yet done so, you can start prepping your fabric because once I send my email with my contact info, you all can start shipping to me. I'll be mostly unavailable for the next 36 hours but I expect to send the email tomorrow evening.

Enjoy the rest of your long weekend!
Old 09-06-2020, 07:24 AM

Klaws, I love that soft floral. It's gonna' be fun to work with.

Sewbiz, thanks for the welcome back. You know I couldn't sit out another Boom! I missed everybody to much.

Terri, may your move go smoothly and your new abode in Texas be exactly what you expect it to be. Good luck with finding your new camper at the lake too.
Old 09-06-2020, 07:33 AM

I have decided on my fabric and have it washed and ready to cut into F8's. this is so much fun with each boom being better than the last. This will be the first boom that I am sending only one fabric out. Can't wait to see what everyone does with it.
Attached Thumbnails img_1053.jpg  
Old 09-06-2020, 08:31 AM
Power Poster

Janice, can you give us the group names so we can label our bags accordingly? Are we going to be pumpkins and snowflakes?

Love the fabrics! Julia, yours looks challenging! I bet our Kassaundra could have done something amazing with it. I’ll see if I can think like Kass...