Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4 >

Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4

Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4

Old 08-27-2020, 08:53 AM

I think I am going to jump in and join this swap...now to figure out what fabric to use.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:04 AM

Default MJP boom fabric

I'm not going to stores so I needed to pick something from my stash. I did pick up some pieces of fabric in Hawaii. . It's not colorful like my usual boom fabric. I'll ask for the cream and greens that match the fabric for the boom. It's going to be a much more subdued quilt than my usual boom quilt.

We have been hit hard with Covid here. Good friends Mark and Patricia got it right before we all started wearing masks and distancing. He ended up in the hospital in an induced coma on a ventilator. He made it out alive (all the nurses lined the halls and clapped for him). . We supported Patricia by delivering groceries and food. They both still have symptoms months later. Mark still has balance problems and Patricia got Covid toe.

My pregnant daughter got an asymptomatic case. Unfortunately she had to go to the hospital with her second ectopic pregnancy. The covid complicated the surgery situation. I was so sad I couldn't be there for her. She was in Omaha. She really needed our help with the first ectopic pregnancy in February. Fortunately This one was much easier and her husband was able to help her. They had been distancing and masking but her husbands ex wife doesn't believe in masks or distancing and I think my daughter got it from my wonderful bonus grandkids.

My daughter read us and my sons the riot act in early March. . She said what is wrong with this boomer generation ! My son who, lives with us is being super careful. My San Francisco son has been distancing and took a Covid test Thursday, came back negative on Friday and drove down on Friday. Dropped girlfriend off in santa Barbara and stayed with us for two weeks. It was heaven to see him.

We are practicing distancing and masking. We see a few friends, who also have been distancing, but always outside at least 10' apart. Luckily We have been enjoying the glorious weather. Hiking, biking, kayaking, boot camp exercises and playing tennis with hubbie. I'm in the best shape I've been in for many years. I do miss teaching my seniors. I may consider doing some zoom classes for them.

Stay safe my boom sisters. We are not spring chickens anymore!
Attached Thumbnails boom-25-fabric.jpg  

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 08-27-2020 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:31 AM

Default Boom Quilt Finish

Here is a finished boom quilt. It was at least a year ago. I'm very happy with it and am keeping this one for myself. My husband and son made the murphy bed.
Attached Thumbnails purple-orange-boom-quilt.jpg  
Old 08-27-2020, 02:12 PM

MJP that is very interesting fabric! So much fun seeing what others have in their stash (new or not). Pretty quilt from previous boom... I like the blue that pops all the colors!
Old 08-27-2020, 04:00 PM

Love getting a sneak peak at all the fabrics. Can't post a picture of mine right now (stupid computer!), but I will do so this weekend. my fabric is bland, but I hope that leaves no boundaries and encourages some creativity in the blocks to make it amazing!
Old 08-28-2020, 03:49 AM

I've decided to jump in. I really love picking out designs and fabrics for each block - will see about picking out fabric to send this weekend.
Old 08-28-2020, 04:40 AM

Looking forward to joining everyone in the 3 month group! I lurked during the last swap and saw all of the wonderful blocks created in the last boom. I missed all of you and not being a part of the group was difficult. I'm looking forward to picking out fabric and can't wait to get started.

Cheese
Old 08-28-2020, 04:48 AM

Hi Cheese! Welcome back! It is so exciting to see former boomers rejoining again. This is going to be a fun swap! Feels like old home week.
Old 08-28-2020, 05:07 AM

Hi, Cheesehead! I lurked last Boom too. I discovered it is so much more fun to join in. Welcome back.
Old 08-28-2020, 06:12 AM

Yeah MJP and Cheesehead great you are back and Carriem welcome.

MJP your boom quilt is beautiful.

I came home yesterday for my granddaughter’s 17th birthday. She is one of God’s miracle children and we never dreamed she would be a per say normal teenager with her neurological disease.

Have to wash my fabric this morning and cutting it up will have to wait till the next time I’m home.