Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Breast Cancer Awareness Block Swap--CLOSED >

Breast Cancer Awareness Block Swap--CLOSED

Breast Cancer Awareness Block Swap--CLOSED

Old 01-05-2010, 03:28 PM

I'd love to participate. Thanks for heading this up, Sandi. :thumbup:
Old 01-05-2010, 03:47 PM

Just a note about the last Breast Cancer quilt auction in our area. The quilts that were most popular and brought in the most were not the ones containing the pinks that we ordinarily connect with this cause. They were ones with current popular colors. I guess that folks want them to match their decor. Also popular were smaller items ....... wallhangings, runners, table toppers. This certainly is a worthy cause. I do not think that there is anyone of us whose life has not been touched by this disease.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by trolley station
Just a note about the last Breast Cancer quilt auction in our area. The quilts that were most popular and brought in the most were not the ones containing the pinks that we ordinarily connect with this cause. They were ones with current popular colors. I guess that folks want them to match their decor. Also popular were smaller items ....... wallhangings, runners, table toppers. This certainly is a worthy cause. I do not think that there is anyone of us whose life has not been touched by this disease.
thats so interesting because i make about 10-15 breast cancer quilts a year for clients and they always pick out quilts that scream breast cancer.

the best i can do is steer them to fabric thats pink but isn't ribbons/etc.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:35 PM

Sandi, I'm happy to do whatever you want >> were you thinking strictly white or white-on-white and pink (all shades? or a particular "range" in particular? and tiny other colors or not? ). Thanks, this will help me to look for fabric.
:-)
Old 01-06-2010, 03:15 PM

I am thinking fabrics that remind you of breast cancer awareness colors, white on white is fine, pinks and other small print colors or even a pastel type range. I recently saw a couple of fabrics with inspirational sayings on them under a breast cancer fabric heading, one had birds on it that was cute and that had other colors in it. I am not sure I am helping with your question. I will trust your judgement, I'm sure whatever you make will be fabulous. Thank You!!!
Originally Posted by MadeinMaine
Sandi, I'm happy to do whatever you want >> were you thinking strictly white or white-on-white and pink (all shades? or a particular "range" in particular? and tiny other colors or not? ). Thanks, this will help me to look for fabric.
:-)
Old 01-06-2010, 03:55 PM

Do you want the fabric prewashed?

I'd love to do this. My mom is a breast cancer Angel, so it touches a special place in my heart.

Now... do you mind (too much) if I keep the quilt for myself and give a nice donation to the local society instead? ;)
Old 01-06-2010, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by sdparent
I will trust your judgement
Whoah!! The first step to getting into Trouble is to trust MY judgement! :lol:
I will see what I can come up with. I'm thinking about using "Ann's New Years Eve Star" from the Delaware Quilts site.
Thanks!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:38 PM

That is fine with me. I too have family members with breast cancer one cousin battling it for the 2nd time. Yes prewashed fabrics please. Thank You!!!
Originally Posted by ladygen
Do you want the fabric prewashed?

I'd love to do this. My mom is a breast cancer Angel, so it touches a special place in my heart.

Now... do you mind (too much) if I keep the quilt for myself and give a nice donation to the local society instead? ;)
Old 01-06-2010, 05:34 PM

Hi, Ladygen - Glad you are joining us, too.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:53 PM

I just got a fabric remnant box from fabric.com and lo and behold there was the perfect breast cancer fabric in the package. This package made my day today and has shown me that I am definitely doing the right swap. I hope to see more participants in our swap as it is for a very good cause. I am sure many of us women have been affected by breast cancer either in our families or with one of our friends, lets make some quilts to raise money for breast cancer research, we can help make a difference.