Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Breast Cancer Awareness Block Swap--CLOSED >

Breast Cancer Awareness Block Swap--CLOSED

Breast Cancer Awareness Block Swap--CLOSED

Old 01-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Banned

i'm sure more people will sign up. its still early and with the 2 date shipping it makes it very easy to work on between other projects.

i'm actually thinking about doing another set because of the 2 date shipments.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:53 PM

Thanks Klue!!!
Originally Posted by kluedesigns
i'm sure more people will sign up. its still early and with the 2 date shipping it makes it very easy to work on between other projects.

i'm actually thinking about doing another set because of the 2 date shipments.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by sdparent
I just got a fabric remnant box from fabric.com and lo and behold there was the perfect breast cancer fabric in the package. This package made my day today and has shown me that I am definitely doing the right swap. I hope to see more participants in our swap as it is for a very good cause. I am sure many of us women have been affected by breast cancer either in our families or with one of our friends, lets make some quilts to raise money for breast cancer research, we can help make a difference.
Hi, Sandi - don't you love it when you get a sign?!? Good for you!! I am thinking of perhaps making two wallhangings to donate to our local Womens Health Center where they offer free mammograms for women who have no insurance or are underinsured >> as a THANK YOU gesture.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Banned

i'm thinking about doing a reverse applique scrappy heart block with pink for the heart and white for the background fabric.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MadeinMaine
I just got a fabric remnant box from fabric.com and lo and behold there was the perfect breast cancer fabric in the package. This package made my day today and has shown me that I am definitely doing the right swap. I hope to see more participants in our swap as it is for a very good cause. I am sure many of us women have been affected by breast cancer either in our families or with one of our friends, lets make some quilts to raise money for breast cancer research, we can help make a difference.
Hi, Sandi - don't you love it when you get a sign?!? Good for you!! I am thinking of perhaps making two wallhangings to donate to our local Womens Health Center where they offer free mammograms for women who have no insurance or are underinsured >> as a THANK YOU gesture.
that is just a brilliant idea!!

i've been searching around my area for the best home for this project and i think you just hit the nail on the head for me.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:33 AM

Thank you, Klue
Old 01-09-2010, 06:41 AM

OK, I'm in.
I made a log cabin for a co-worker when she was diganoised. Pink flannel backing!
Not sure what block I will do, I be thinking on it.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:43 AM

As long as the patten is the same, can we change the fabrics? I can then use the whites and pinks in my stash.
thanks
Old 01-09-2010, 11:46 AM

That's fine with me, THANK YOU for participating!
Originally Posted by brushandthimble
As long as the patten is the same, can we change the fabrics? I can then use the whites and pinks in my stash.
thanks
Old 01-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
Originally Posted by MadeinMaine
that is just a brilliant idea!!

i've been searching around my area for the best home for this project and i think you just hit the nail on the head for me.
i found 2 places in my area that provide free mammograms for women in need.

thank you so much for the suggestion.

since i'll be making 2 sets they'll each get a wall hanging.