Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Children's Doll Quilt Swap - Signup Closed >

Children's Doll Quilt Swap - Signup Closed

Children's Doll Quilt Swap - Signup Closed

Old 10-08-2009, 10:23 AM

I am good with whatever. I don't think Mackenzie will care what she gets either. As long as nobody minds getting something from a first timer five year old!

I have be supervising VERY closely and when I teach my kids how to do something I always teach them the RIGHT way (to the best of my own ability) to do it! So although I am sure her quilt will not be PERFECT it is also not going to be a sloppy mess!
Old 10-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

I didn't misunderstand, that is just what it sounded like, I already knew that you were matching kids with kids from the original thread.

My kids are good with anyone that they get, there is no one close to K-M in age I don't think, but she said awwwwwwwww, when I said she might get a quilt from a 5 year old. I have really good kids. so start matching, and maybe start one for kids and adults soon, I think at least the girls will be up for more of the, with K-M I don't have much to do to help her.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:33 PM

Children’s Doll Quilt Swap –PARTNERS ASSIGNED!!!

Here are the partners ladies and gents - let's see how much fun we can have with this!

Esqmommy Daughter (11)/ YouMe Daughter (11)
K3N Son (7)/ CuteBuns Daughter (15)
CuteBuns Daughter (12)/ Justwannaquilt Daughter (5)
BeckyW Granddaughter ( 10)/ Cute Buns Son (13)
Youme Son (9)/ Gynn’s Son (13)
Amazon Daughter(12)/ Justwannaquilt’s Daughter’s 2nd quilt, or KLue’s niece…

I will PM KLue and let her know that her niece has a spot if she’s participating, or it will go to Justwannaquilt’s daughter or her little friend. This way Amazon’s daughter will know she has a girl, and she will be under 7 years old (roughly…). I’ll try to get that firmed up this weekend!

So we’re off!! Let’s see how much fun these kids will have. I think the exchanges will be a fantastic experience and I’m totally proud of each of them and their willingness to participate!! I'm sure everyone will enjoy seeing photos of the quilts as well as the kids while they are doing their work.

the only international swappers are Youme's children...they are in Japan. Gwyn, if you prefer not to ship to Japan, please let me know asap and we'll switch that partner!

And lastly, if I have missed anyone, please le tme know asap. We don't want to leave anyone out and I will be sure that everyone gets a partner!! So don't stay quiet, let me know. I have about 20 adults that want to particpate, so it won't be hard to find a partner if we run out of options for children. Or, another child may want to do a 2nd one too, so please, please jump in. The more the merrier - who knows, we might be starting a fun and interesting new friendship for our children.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:22 PM

This is really exciting.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Power Poster

I will let the kids know who that they got, they have been asking me and want to start. I am sure that there will be some very interesting quilts going around with this one.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:29 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
the only international swappers are Youme's children...
Hey, what are Joey and I? Chopped liver?! :lol:

Cute - we got your eldest daughter! Joey will be thrilled that he's swapping with a 'big girl'! :D I can't wait til he comes home from school so I can tell him. :D
Old 10-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Power Poster

K-M will be so excited as well, though i will probably have to wait until they go and then come back from school to tell them, They are all sleeping right now and I really try hard not to be up that early. especially when I stay up like this. They have been waiting and waiting and waiting to find out their partners.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:32 AM

AWESOME!!!!!! I can't wait to tell Kenzie when she comes home this afternoon! She has asked every day this week if we could go to the fabric store. I kept telling her that we had to wait to see if she was going to swap with a girl or a boy and she would say, oh yea that makes a big differance huh. lol
Old 10-09-2009, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by Esqmommy
the only international swappers are Youme's children...
Hey, what are Joey and I? Chopped liver?! :lol:
Oops, sorry girlfriend. I guess I think of you like a next door neighbor...although France is quite a distance!! Okay two international kids...any problems, speak now or forever hold your piece(s).

I hope everyone will comfortable posting photos along the way. I know Sophia will love to see them. If you are not comfortable putting your kids online, perhaps you could send a photo out with your quilt - actually, probably not a bad idea to do anyway so the kids will have that keepsake!

Sophia has already started, she refused to wait to find out her partner. Since she is experimenting with my embroidery unit, she has taken my advice to at least wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl so she can choose fitting designs to stich out! I have an extremely strong-willed daughter who marches to her own drum!
Old 10-09-2009, 07:31 AM
k3n
Power Poster

That's OK Esq! :D

Joey is really excited to be paired with a 'big girl'! He's going to work on his tomorrow - homework at the moment! What's your daughter's name, Cute? I have a feeling i know already but I can't remember.