Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CHOCOLATE/RASPBERRY BLOCK SWAP - MUST BE RECEIVED BY 1/31/10...Notice page 9! >

CHOCOLATE/RASPBERRY BLOCK SWAP - MUST BE RECEIVED BY 1/31/10...Notice page 9!

CHOCOLATE/RASPBERRY BLOCK SWAP - MUST BE RECEIVED BY 1/31/10...Notice page 9!

Old 03-28-2010, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
Originally Posted by wilhelmina
Originally Posted by wilhelmina
Alaskasunshine, I am so glad to see you received your blocks, you really had me :( with your sad "no blocks today" posts, but I am delighted to see you have one of mine! I have one of yours too! I am going to pretend you are in Alaska since it took so long for you to receive them, and my block that I made is now someplace I have never been! How fun is that?
wilhelmina, No need to pretend Alaska really is where I am. I love knowing my blocks are also from everywhere. This is soooo cool! :-D I have never been to Oklahoma, but my husbands mom was from Oklahoma. I can't wait to see everyone's quilts from these beautiful blocks.
Alaskasunshine - Well, based on your screen name, I was fairly sure you were at least from Alaska...but since you are "in hiding" maybe you were someplace different...anyway, I sure would like to see Alaska, my hubby has agreed to take a cruise in Alaska next year! :)
I would certainly do my best to somehow drive inland. For me walking on a glacier is so much more wonderful than seeing it from a distance. This is such a GORGEOUS place and no photos or videos do it any justice. Guranteed, when you are here you will be on BEAUTY overload. I used to work for a hotel and loved booking itineraries for travelers. Why not get here this year? Cruising is at an all time low. We prefer cruising to the Caribbean and driving here in Alaska. By Ship you are confined to such a time frame and Alaska is too big for tight time tables. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me, I'll do my best to help you out.
I just may take you up on that offer! My daughter is getting married in July, so there goes our money this year!!! :) I was still trying to talk my hubby into a cruise anyway, we receive notices from Holland and rates are great right now!
Old 03-29-2010, 05:00 PM

Beautiful blocks received. Thank you everyone. Special thanks to Colletta.

First Set
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36113[/ATTACH]

Second Set
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36128[/ATTACH]

Third Set
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36145[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-36113.jpe   attachment-36128.jpe   attachment-36145.jpe  
Old 03-31-2010, 03:37 PM

Mine have arrived! They're beautiful - this was my first swap - it was great fun! Now to put them together :)

Thanks Colletta for organizing! And for arranging my international postage :)

Chocolate Raspberry Block Swap
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39382[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-39382.jpe  
Old 04-02-2010, 08:24 PM

I have been working on my Raspberry/Chocolate swap blocks and I really do love each one. So with that in mind I hope you enjoy how I am putting them together. The framing fabric, the cream and brown branches is way out of my normal for fabric choices. Generally I choose florals but this branch fabric just grabbed me and I fell in love with it. Don't you agree my blocks are AWESOME :shock: ;) :thumbup:

All layed out together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]42922[/ATTACH]

12 blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]42923[/ATTACH]

12 blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]42924[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-42922.jpe   attachment-42923.jpe   attachment-42924.jpe  
Old 04-03-2010, 04:52 AM

I have been working on my Raspberry/Chocolate swap blocks and I really do love each one. So with that in mind I hope you enjoy how I am putting them together. The framing fabric, the cream and brown branches is way out of my normal for fabric choices. Generally I choose florals but this branch fabric just grabbed me and I fell in love with it. Don't you agree my blocks are AWESOME :shock: ;) :thumbup:
Alaskasunshine: I love your blocks and I love how you put them together. Your framing fabric really does set the blocks off beautifully. Good job.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:27 AM

Alaskasunshine, the fabrics you used as sashing are perfect. Both of them compliment the blocks. And you're correct, everyone did an awesome job creating different blocks for the swap. Which setting are you going to use? Four blocks by six blocks or two sets of twelve blocks - OR - are you going to make one more block in Chocolate/Raspberry and have the setting five blocks by five blocks - enough for a full or with the addition of borders, a queen sized bed? Decisions - decisions! Belles

PS By sashing I meant framing fabric. Different names for the same item, sorta like the different names of various traditional blocks.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:30 AM

Good job Alaska!
Old 04-03-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Alaskasunshine: I love your blocks and I love how you put them together. Your framing fabric really does set the blocks off beautifully. Good job.
Thanks Feathers, Gosh every block is really so beautiful. This is my favorite color swap so far. I guess I need to work on my Fall, and Blue/Yellow ones before the Spring ones get here. Oh my Sew much to do so little time! :lol:
Old 04-03-2010, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Belles
Alaskasunshine, the fabrics you used as sashing are perfect. Both of them compliment the blocks. And you're correct, everyone did an awesome job creating different blocks for the swap. Which setting are you going to use? Four blocks by six blocks or two sets of twelve blocks - OR - are you going to make one more block in Chocolate/Raspberry and have the setting five blocks by five blocks - enough for a full or with the addition of borders, a queen sized bed? Decisions - decisions! Belles

PS By sashing I meant framing fabric. Different names for the same item, sorta like the different names of various traditional blocks.
Belles,
Hmmmm don't know what I am going to do. Originally I was going to make alternating blocks (someone here on the board did theirs like that. Her's was black n white) It was so stunning that, I thought I would do that but now I love the way they are just like in the pictures. Although your thought of making it into 2 smaller quilts is also appealing. OH Geeze now what am I gonna do. I do really like having a long narrow quilt to cover up when watching t.v. So maybe I'll do that. Or maybe they will be different.
:? :shock: Decisions,decisions!
:shock: :lol: :?
Old 04-03-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Good job Alaska!
Thanks winewoman...did you see your lovely block in my lay out?