Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 10-19-2013, 10:58 AM
Power Poster

Mary, so glad you love what you got, thanks for the side swap.
Mdall, here's a tissue for you, hope they win thru those teary eyes.
Kiffie, of course she has good taste, she has me for a mommy, she takes it
crispy, not burned. if it's flexible, she won't eat it. hopefully, there's enough grease in there
to slide those furballs thru. she'll take bacon anytime of the day. One of next years ornaments
is a piece of bacon with a santa hat on it. that's a for sure. if anyone has a request, let me know now, coz i'm starting soon on next year. I like to be early.
Brenda, you did a fine job of sorting. I guess we keep getting bigger and bigger every year.
to everyone else, on the 25th there's a sign up for pincushions and needlecases, since you all love doing small projects, I figured I'd mention it,I hope that's o.k. with Brenda that I did. we're all so crafty little ones, aren't we.
looking forward to seeing more gifts you all get. it's exciting...like Christmas morning.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:34 AM

the letter M with sewing notions is adorable Lawsonmugs
Yes, this year is the largest..
Old 10-19-2013, 12:07 PM

Lawsonmugs, love that M with notions. For all of you reading, my name started with an M and last name with a K. Like like like that ornament. Just may have to look for some of those to make ornaments for my partners. Know where I can get the little notion buttons to put on them. Oh, I just found another pattern to ponder. If I dont quit Ill have to send a flat rate box full just for this swap. LOL Have five different designs already to choose from.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Power Poster

i'm o.k. with the flat rate box. my christmas/hannukka colors are white aqua and silver, snowmen, snowballs, snowflakes, icicles ect. but i'll take anything.
the letters are from michaels, they are red and glittered. i got the notions from the button section, 'button it up' or 'jesse james' buttons. i love all fancy and plain buttons. at one point, i had all the buttons they put out, i have a quart bag filled with those buttons. plus a snack size. or you could put fancy buttons in the button section section on them. a plastic yarn needle, a small thimble or whatever. i think they're cute and you could even put them out all year.
soooo, i'll be waiting for that big box or ornaments, o.k.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:50 PM
Power Poster

kiffie, remind me to send you a bacon orni next year. i'm having a hard time downloading the dumb design.
it is so cute though. hopefully, i'll have it downloaded by next week, if not, next year, for sure. maybe, i should just keep making reindeer for next year. opinions please. i mean would anyone else like a reindeer next year?
Old 10-19-2013, 01:00 PM

Well I have to say that some of us in the SS swap on here have been in the naughty hole. I can now say that one of the other swappers here are in the naughty hole. I am not going to mention any names but you know who you are. Tried a sneak attack you did. LOL Thats okay though because I too have been naughty. So together we will lead all of the other naughty ones in a march. So, should we dig a hole like before or should we build a shack. LOL
I love this swap and all of you and I am having tons of fun.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Banned

Well I know it isn't me (YET), I tried to go in but was asked how bad
I have been. When I said none YET I was told to come back after I
had been bad.

I will try harder this week to do bad so I can join the fun with everyone.

LOL

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
Well I have to say that some of us in the SS swap on here have been in the naughty hole. I can now say that one of the other swappers here are in the naughty hole. I am not going to mention any names but you know who you are. Tried a sneak attack you did. LOL Thats okay though because I too have been naughty. So together we will lead all of the other naughty ones in a march. So, should we dig a hole like before or should we build a shack. LOL
I love this swap and all of you and I am having tons of fun.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:51 PM

Quilty, this swapper knows who they are. LOL I just love being naughty. Its so fun and the more the merrier.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:38 PM

As promised I have pics of some of the ornaments that I have put together so far. The folded pinecones are completely done, the quilted balls still need beading and sashing. I still have two other designs that I am planning on making if time allows. So, if you see something that you like speak up, I still havent finished or chosen the ones that will go out. I may even send more than one, two, or three. Who knows.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]442139[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]442140[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails pinecones.jpg   dsc03180.jpg  
Old 10-19-2013, 04:58 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

OMG those pinecones are too dang cute! good job