Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 10-20-2013, 06:08 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

well it's 36 degrees and the furnace is broke! I MAY HAVE TO GATHER PINECONES TO BURN! OH WAIT, I REMOVED THE FIREPLACE 2 YEARS AGO. hmm. layers of clothing is fashionable right? well, I'm gonna be a fashionista today! lol I hate ohio weather. grumbling and looking for another sweatshirt #$@^%$#**(^&* Judy, hand cut? wood or paper? both sound warm and inviting as I picture them on a tree!

Last edited by cherrio; 10-20-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by cherrio View Post
well it's 36 degrees and the furnace is broke! I MAY HAVE TO GATHER PINECONES TO BURN! OH WAIT, I REMOVED THE FIREPLACE 2 YEARS AGO. hmm. layers of clothing is fashionable right? well, I'm gonna be a fashionista today! lol I hate ohio weather. grumbling and looking for another sweatshirt #$@^%$#**(^&* Judy, hand cut? wood or paper? both sound warm and inviting as I picture them on a tree!
OH NO, CHERRIO, HOW AWFUL!!!! Hope it gets fixed soon.

Since you commented, here are the ornaments I will be mailing on Tuesday. Looks like some of the gals seem to be posting, I will do so too.
Attached Thumbnails img_1284.jpg  
Old 10-20-2013, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
As promised I have pics of some of the ornaments that I have put together so far. The folded pinecones are completely done, the quilted balls still need beading and sashing. I still have two other designs that I am planning on making if time allows. So, if you see something that you like speak up, I still havent finished or chosen the ones that will go out. I may even send more than one, two, or three. Who knows.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]442139[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]442140[/ATTACH]
I really Love them all, the colors are great and my tree is all homemade ornies..5 foot tree and even the angel's dress was crocheted by my daughter who died 9 years ago this month... I love the handmade things and make my own every year to give out... have 130 made but need to assemble and do some gluing...Beautiful work, Mdall
Old 10-20-2013, 06:39 AM

okay ladies, i started a quilt along on the main page if anyone would like to join. just finish putting the bling on some of the orns that some of you may be getting. Taking a short break to switch laundry then starting on some woven snowflakes, now what colors to make them?
Old 10-20-2013, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Pattia View Post
I am confused. Some people have their ornaments already and some don't have names yet. Did I sign up on the wrong post?
I'm also wondering.....but mean while, is there someone else also waiting. As suggested we could side swap.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:28 AM
Power Poster

Seems to me Brenda posted yesterday that all names were out.......Maybe send her a PM if your still waiting. Also everyone please don't forget to leave positive feedback for Brenda for doing such a great job. Have a good sunday.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:14 AM

Hey Ladies! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. My Mom and Brother and 3 of our Gkids spent the night with us on Fri., so needless to say we've been busy. Church and then of course breakfast out with friends and I'm finally getting a chance to get on the computer when the sheets are washing! Great ornaments everyone! I'm also making pinecones and balls and some snowmen. Will post some pics later.

I received my beautiful ornaments from Lynnie yesterday! So excited Lynnie, everyone thought they were just beautiful! Thank you again, I just love them!
Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg  

Last edited by Crafty Darlene; 10-20-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Power Poster

Darlene, so glad you like them and finally got them.
Judy, love your santas, and the other wooden ones, such nice painting.
Cheerio, I remember about 9 yrs ago, b4 I married my dh, our oil burner went on Christmas eve.
it tooktill the 26th to get it fixed. I llived in the basement, unheated and unfinished. boy, I was glad I was a quilter.
I was breathing smoke by the time it got fixed. I feel for you.
Kiffie,
a sad story... so darling hubs has given up of trying to get Zoey her meds. we decided to go the bacon route, hoping the grease helps with the furballs. but now Zoey runs fromher daddy all the time. won't even eat treats he gives her. he's so sad about it. if he rolls over in his sleep, she takes off. so sad, so very very sad dh is sitting there like he needs the bacon, (not). hopefully she'll come around. she doesn't like men, a bad man must have done something horrible to her when she was just a kitten. He's moping around, coz his Zoey is his princess. oh well,,,will ck in with everyone later.looking forward to more ornaments.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Power Poster

o.k. some more sadness or grossness:
so last night we went to see the Escape Plan, pretty good movie. because i'm such a loving wife, I know my dh loves nestles crunch bars. he likes the ones I make coz the crispness is fresher. sooooo,,,,last night b4 we go, I make him some. I put it on parchment paper then to the freezer coz we were leaving in 15 min. out they come, I bag them suckas, then shake off the parchment paper into the sink, (don't want crumbs of chocolate laying around, my kitty Zoey might eat it and get sick). then out of the corner of my eye I see a crumb. Pop it in my mouth, something didn't taste just right. so chewed it. aaaarrrggghhhh, cat treats. yuck. couldn't get the taste out of my mouth. brushed, flossed, and mouth wash. still yucky. took about 1/2 hr for that taste to go away. Zoey is sitting there looking at me, 'mom, give me some'. dh is laughing so hard, he almost fell off the couch, he was choking so hard.
soooo, is this sad or funny or gross.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

sad,but funny Lynnie.