Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 10-27-2013, 01:55 PM

I haven't received any ornies yet, but the deadline hasn't arrived, so am not terribly concerned. I just wish I would hear if mine had arrived okay. If not I can send a new batch. ljdugas received the other batch and thanked me. I will contact Brenda. Thanks Oksewnsew
Old 10-27-2013, 02:01 PM

Okay, sent Brenda a PM. Thanks guys.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:05 PM
Power Poster

The sewing mouse is adorable. The embroider ones are very pretty. Still waiting to receive mine and also haven't heard if Tilted Ears has received the ones I sent. 10 days ago they were delivered. I would love any of the spool ones or any that have been posted.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:10 PM

I received two very nice ornaments from Dotty Aka dotcomdtcm!! Thankyou very much.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:24 PM

I haven't heard a word from one of my recipients either. They were delivered this past Monday. Sure hope she liked them. I've received some ornys from PaintMeJudy, but no others. I'm also not too concerned as the deadline isn't here yet. After that, then I'll worry.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:31 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

I did not get ornies but I have not mailed mine yet. that mouse is too cute. and the spools are really cute. Ya'll are so talented! I really wish I was more creative. and if a spool were coming my way I love the green and red one.

Last edited by cherrio; 10-27-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:35 PM

cherrio, we all have talents! We're all creative! After all, we're QUILTERS!
Old 10-27-2013, 03:30 PM

[QUOTE=grann of 6;6371819]All the ornies are adorable. The spool ones are neat, but unfortunately I don't do a large tree anymore and those wouldn't fit on my little sewing tree. I don't know how you part with old thread spools. I have a bunch, some left from my mother, and others have been given to me, but since the wooden ones are such a rarity, I can't imagine my making anything out of them. One day they will be put in a vintage jar for display.

Grann, I feel the same way about those vintage spools. These however were already painted when I opened the box. I think they were from years ago before I started quilting and knew how old they were. I just repainted them since they were already painted in the first. I will be buying the ones from the craft store from now on and looking for more of the vintage ones to add to my collection. Since starting to quilt I have learned more about them and have started collecting vintage sewing notions. Hoping one day to get a shadow box or something to display them in.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Power Poster

I too have a quart mason jar full of old wooden spools, most from people here on the board. I remember in the late 70's when they switched over to plastic. back then I didn't like it, so now, I can't stand the idea of no more wooden spools. I bought new from the craft store to make ornaments last year, I wouldn't dare use one of my old ones. some say, get this, .10/c each. 10 cents, couldn't buy the plastic spool now for 10 cents. I bought a med size spool for the emb machine, thought my friend would have a double coronary over the price $12/spool. now she knows why I charge what I do. if anyone has any old spools, i'll take them.
gran of 6, I hang special ornaments on a wooden peg in my sewing room

Last edited by lynnie; 10-27-2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: add
Old 10-27-2013, 05:40 PM

Love, love, love all the ornys! Mdall, I am pretty sure you got my name...yep, pretty sure of that I am!!
Lynnie, me thinks we need to see a pic of your Princess Kitty....just sayin'...So post a pic..in all of her "finery"!
My dil's baby shower was yesterday, I finished the football shaped baby blanket I made at 3:30 am yesterday!! I made a guitar "cake", made from diapers, receiving blankets, onesies, socks, and ribbons/embellishments. The corsages I made for dil and granddaughter were a hit, too. My granddaughter's said "Big Sis" on it, when I gave it to her she gave me a big hug, saying "Oh thank you Grammy, thank you!". Of course those moments making staying up til all hours so worth it!
So, now I can get my ornys and lil surprises packed up and sent off tom or Tues. Also have a dq for the dq swap, table runner for Brat's swap, and fqs for Oct swap to get mailed this week. I love my son, dil, gd, and gs to be, but have to say getting all my swaps finished and sent is so much easier with the baby shower finished!
Take care all,
Kif
Oh, and anybody that has a child who wants to make and send orny to me, please send it!! Love that idea, and my lil gd loves to make things with me, too...great way to get the next generation of crafters going, eh?!!