Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 >

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Old 11-15-2014, 11:54 AM
Banned

So far I have only received 1 of my ornys. from LJDugas31 (Linda).
Can't wait for the second one to get here and for opening day.

Sure hope my partners like the ornys that I made for them.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:47 PM

no ornys arriving here yet. Poo-Chie lets me know the mailman arrives so think I'm safe from the local Grinch who has been stealing packages off peoples porches. meantime finished binding the QOV and have been working on the Grandpa quilt.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:59 PM

Just got the mail and another package has arrived from Tennessee.......SOOOOOO excited.... my extra desk chair now holds packages that are just sitting there giggling at my butt wiggle excitement !!! If you're hiding there you swappee, know who you are -- so thanking you in advance !!!
Old 11-15-2014, 05:50 PM

Mailed all my ornaments off today and they are both suppose to be at your houses on Monday! One is winging its way west and the other is not too far from me.
Haven't been on much either. You won't believe it but I have the whole inside of my house decorated for Christmas! Yep the WHOLE thing! Nothing outside yet. Don't want the neighbors (all 2 of them, we live in the country)to think I'm too crazy! We have a family reunion at Thanksgiving {where we celebrate Christmas also}with my extended family, uncles, aunts, & cousins. My Mom and Aunt started this many years ago so they could celebrate with each other but still be home for Christmas. They always rotated houses so the same people are not always driving. (My Mom had 7 siblings their are only 4 of them left, my Aunt my Mom's only sister passed away last yr) This year we decided to host and give my Mom a break. We have between 35-40 coming. My kids get into town next Sat. and then my extended family starts arriving on Tues. We also do an ornament exchange, this I started about 3 yrs ago and everyone seems to enjoy it instead of buying gifts. We will start on the outside the end of the week. So that's why I'm just mailing today! Sorry that was so long. Last yr I made ornaments for everyone, don't think it will happen this yr, but my DDs and DIL say they will help, so you never know! Ya'll have a good night!
Old 11-15-2014, 06:02 PM

Oh Darlene...that sounds SO nice....I envy you the family all gathered together....I'm grateful to have my DD, DSIL and 4 DGDs close by....but my son, DIL and new DGD and ALL my other family are back in the Burgh.....{{{sigh}}}
I also envy you having your decorating all done !!! Hope you have a wonderful time !!!

Ok....going back to sitting here tapping my fingers on my desk looking at my packages !! Only about 502 more hours til opening time.....of course i'll be sleeping some of that, so i guess it's not TOO awful !!!
Old 11-15-2014, 06:49 PM

Crafty Darlene, I love the idea of the ornament swap for the family. I have a very large family also. Get all of us together on my side its about 30 of us and on DH side 25 all together. An orn swap would be great for saving all of us a ton of money buying gifts. Will be bringing that idea up at Thanksgiving Dinner. Thanks.

Now back to my SS package. I am making more ornaments. This time they are hand embroidered. Still learning at this point but they are looking great. On number three now. Talk later.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:12 PM
Power Poster

Crafty Darlene that does sound like such fun with all your family. When my mother was still here we all got together one year, and mom wanted us to all have a stocking, and then we all bought little things to put in each stocking for each other. It was so much fun that year doing that too. One person had put in a little writing pad and short ink pen for everyone, plus candy. Another one put in one of those party type favors where you pull the string at each end and the thing spins in the middle. It may sound like something for kids, but my dad had the most fun with that spinning thing. lol.. He told us all a story of how when he was little they would take a big button and make one. Mom bought us each a little figurine and put in the stockings. Lot's of candy added, and we all had a big dinner together. That year was the most fun to me. One of the men bought a bunch of little squirt guns. Yep they all had fun. lol...
Old 11-15-2014, 08:19 PM

Thanks for the comments ladies. I'm getting excited to see everyone! Don't see them very often now. Michelle we still do gifts with my sister & her family and of course my parents but just not the extended. Which does save a lot of money. We used to draw names with them and put a $25 dollar limit but that's a lot when there are 5 people in your family. My kids just couldn't do it. But everyone enjoys the ornaments and we usually do some little thing for the kids which most of them are my Gkids! We either do the left/right game or draw numbers and play a form of dirty santa. Everyone has fun, and we all try to find some unusual one that everyone wants! LOL!
Old 11-15-2014, 08:24 PM

Susan that sounds like such fun and a wonderful idea! I may have to steal that for next year or just do it this yr with my immediate family!
Old 11-16-2014, 02:48 PM

Had a couple of people ask in PM's so I thought I would let you know that my son's team lost their playoff game. Thats okay because we are still so proud of all them for making this far. Maybe next year.

The mailing deadline has come and went. I still have not heard from some of you and I need to know if you have mailed or not. Please PM me with this info. I need to keep track of it all in order to ensure everyone gets an ornament by opening. Remember if you signed up for it and dont send it without a good reason you will be banded from all swaps that I host. Thanks again.