Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 >

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Old 11-17-2014, 12:28 PM

My favorite ornaments are the ones I got from my MIL that were ones they hung on the tree when my DH (60 yo now) was a youngster. Two she embroidered and embellished then covered styrofoam balls with. Three little angels singing and my DH's stocking. They are old and dear to me thus my favorites!
Old 11-17-2014, 12:48 PM

In the 60s and 70s my Mom made gorgeous ornaments covered in luxurious ribbons, beads, and sequins. She started with a couple of kits from Lee Ward -- remember them? -- and then went on to design and create her own. These are always the first things I put on my tree before adding my own collection of glass ornaments. It makes for a very magical tree!
Old 11-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Power Poster

CookyIN, I remember Lee Wards. My mom also made some of those beautiful sequined ornaments. some were in fancy shapes too. A wonderful warm memory of my long deceased mama.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:13 PM

It seems like a lot of our mom's made ornaments from Lee Wards. Mine did too. What fond memories!!
Old 11-17-2014, 01:19 PM

Received one of my ornaments today from Bullock2us. You ladies are so right, sure want to open it now! DH said are you really going to wait! LOL!
Our temp went from 72 this morning to 48 right now. I know that's not cold to some of you ladies, but big temp drop for one day. We're supposed to have a hard freeze here tonight and be even colder tomorrow night.
I think one of my favorite Christmas decorations has to be my Village, and all my Snowmen too! Hard to pick just one thing!
Old 11-17-2014, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
It seems like a lot of our mom's made ornaments from Lee Wards. Mine did too. What fond memories!!
I am wondering if that is what mine are. No MIL to ask anymore. ( They are sweet aren't they?
Old 11-17-2014, 01:25 PM

Forgot to say, love your avatar Klaws! So love the Holiday Season, and especially Christmas! And of course everything that goes with it!
Old 11-17-2014, 01:29 PM

Good evening ladies. I have sent myself a PM about receiving my packages. LOL No, I did not really but I am surprised at having more than the two packages I should be getting. I have checked all my outgoing messages to make sure I didnt goof and I did not so I am assuming this is just an extra. Have sent a PM to the other sender in order to get things straight.

Now, I have to say that I am having a hard time getting the next reindeer game together. I dont want something to hard again. But rest assure I am working on it. I have to work on it here and there with the kids schedules that have turned into a nightmare lately.. We have one playing basketball for the middle school, my DH coaching the Elementary school boys JV team along with one son possible playing on that team, and our Junior in High School as the Mascot for his school which has 8, yes I said 8 different basketball teams schedules to muddle through for him to Mascot for. Looks like alot of games in my future. Working with the Athletic Director now to get schedules straight and cut down on some of the running. I am a huge supporter of my kids and the school but that is just a little much and things have to get scaled back somewhere. Anyways, bear with me I will get the game going in a few days. Promise.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:35 PM

Now onto business. I have gotten tons of PM's from everyone sending and receiving. Thanks so much everyone for PMing me as requested. It makes keeping up with the 77 differnet ornaments flying all over the place. I am getting a little concerned though as there are a few people I have not heard from since signups. I will be sending out PM's to these people. Please contact me back so I know what is going on. If for some reason you have not been able to send or even complete an ornament I need to know in order to make arrangements so all people who have completed and sent have an ornament to open. Thanks in advance for your cooperation. I do not want to see anyone left out of this or any swap.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:01 PM

PM's sent and thanks to all of you that have responded so quickly. I am not trying to be a pain but someone has to keep up with it all and make sure everyone is happy in the end.

I am off to take son to baketball practice. We have serious issues with uniforms this time. They are large enough to fit me. Trust I am not a tiny or a large women but really, to give a uniform to a 12 year old that is large enough to fit his full grown mother. Someone was not paying much attention to things. Talked to the Athletic Director and they dont have any other sizes left so have to talk to the coach about either altering these uniforms or ordering ones in correct sizes. Wish me luck ladies. I see alot of altering in the future and I will admit I hate altering clothes. A quilting I am a seamstress I am NOT. LOL Oh the fun of mothering sports junkies. LOL