Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 >
  • Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

• Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Old 11-17-2014, 02:04 PM

I got a package today,its from Englewood Colorado,No name so it is a secret.Now I'm on the can;t wait to peek list.lol
    Old 11-17-2014, 02:09 PM

Darlene, our temps here in the Tampa Bay area are dropping also. I have a doctor appt. at 8:30 on Wed. and the temp is supposed to be low of 39. That's cold for here!
    Old 11-17-2014, 02:30 PM

Love your avatar, Karen!

Just got my second ornament package! It's from Evansville, IN. I think someone tried to open it (not me!), or accidentally tore the box, but I'm not peeking. It's going right next to the first one I received (from Amarillo, TX).

Is it Dec 6th yet?
    Old 11-17-2014, 03:08 PM
    Power Poster

Here is a picture of some I made a couple years ago just for fun with the kids. It was really a hoot to make them!

Some are with popsicle sticks and other with little clothes pins. The little bell one is from an ornament swap at a girl friends house.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-59801.jpe  

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 11-17-2014 at 03:10 PM.
    Old 11-17-2014, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
    Here is a picture of some I made a couple years ago just for fun with the kids. It was really a hoot to make them!

Some are with popsicle sticks and other with little clothes pins. The little bell one is from an ornament swap at a girl friends house.
    My youngest kids are making the reindeer's this year. We are painting them and adding a middle (wooden spool wrapped with a strip of Christmas fabric). Fun and perfect for their ages (7, 8 and 10). Yours are adorable!
    Old 11-17-2014, 04:01 PM
    Power Poster

Such cute ornaments in the picture.
    Karen I also love your avatar.
    Old 11-17-2014, 04:06 PM

My son wants to make some of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle balls. Been scouring the thrift stores for the old color green balls since all the newer ones are a lighter green. Can find all kinds of the other colors-not those. Will keep looking or go to plan b which is paint or glitter.
    Old 11-17-2014, 04:26 PM
    Power Poster

Or make your own with dark green yarn. It would be kinda easy that way too. I don't think I have any left but I will check for you. I will mail them to you if I do.

I got a little box that says open dec 6th from the ornament elf! Thank you, I will be good and wait with all of you.
    Old 11-17-2014, 04:33 PM

WooHoo! I received my second orny in the mail today from Omaha, NE. Who could that be?? Luckily the PO eft just enough of he word rnament" showing to let me know that's what it was. I also got a nice package from Amarillo, Tx awhile back. Thank you both! My little tree in my studio will have some new handmade decorations this year. But, it's already full, so I'm go have to get a bigger one! Oh well, a shopping I shall go!
    Woke up this morning to a white ground. I've never seen snow here this early. Hope it's not a sign of the coming winter! We've been in20's at night, not getting above 40 in the day for several days. But, we're supposed to have a warming trend into the 50's for the rest of the week.
    Old 11-17-2014, 04:41 PM

had my doctor appt this morning to check A1c again....still sitting at 7.2 which is good consideringhow much cheating i've been doing but dr says that since the only other health problem i have is the arthritis, she wants to have me get the A1c to below 7.0 if possible. also wants me to try some upper body exercises ( i hated gym and still do) and maybe look into a place where I could just wade around in water for exercise that wont bother my knee so much.
    after dr ppt, i treated myself to a buffet lunch and then went to my Monday afternoon bingo session. Won $17 today--had to share a pot with two others. came home---dang its cold outside---to find 2 packages on my porch.
    One is for secret santa swap on here and one decorated in red glitter for Ornament swap. yippee--guard dogs didnt let the Grinch steal them from my porch. Now when other orny gets here, i can totally relax in the hole and wait for opening day. Meantime tomorrow its brave the cold again to get cortisone shot in knee.