Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 >

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Old 11-21-2014, 08:29 PM

Couldn't remember if I said or not but to both of my swap partners, I have received my ornaments and a big "Thank You" in advance I'm sure I will love them!
Old 11-21-2014, 08:31 PM

Jaba, like the mobile idea. So many ideas coming in that I am sure we could come with something. There is another person here on the board wanting to start a Christmas in whatever month thing so gonna talk to her and see where things go. I know for sure that since so many people want to do ornaments I will be coming up with something for that. Just have to think on it for some ideas.

Looks like my Scramble was a little to easy. I have received many responses all of them correct so far. So we are gonna be drawing from a hat unless of course you all would like a tie breaker game. Its up to all of you, so let me know.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:39 PM

Its off to bed with me. We have bell ringing for Salvation Army in the morning with our 4H group. Up early again. Good new is we have 9 days straight for Thanksgiving Break with the kids out of school. Yes, the schools around here give them the week off since its also hunting season and alot of the kids dont show up at school for that reason. I thought it was kinda strange when I first moved here but now really enjoy it. The season starts Monday and family starts arriving tomorrow for the week. Looking forward to all the time together with them and especially my kids.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:36 PM

All of the ornament ideas sound like fun especially the one involving kids. My son loves to open my swap packages and loves to craftb-day ideas everyone!
Old 11-22-2014, 03:12 PM

Wow, where is everyone? Have all of you burnt out on me? Just Joking, I figure most of you are busy baking and whatnot getting ready for this week. I know I am. House is all cleaned up again, fridge filled for this week, and dinner in the oven.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
Wow, where is everyone? Have all of you burnt out on me? Just Joking, I figure most of you are busy baking and whatnot getting ready for this week. I know I am. House is all cleaned up again, fridge filled for this week, and dinner in the oven.
The weekend alarm bell went off and we are all sewing as fast as we can to get our Christmas projects done !!! How did the bell ringing go.....any time i have a chance to hear bell ringers, i take it....SO pretty !!
Old 11-22-2014, 04:26 PM

Just been quilting Sulabug's Iris quilt. Got it done & posted here on the board. It's in pictures section. Now taking it easy for the rest of the evening, even tho I should be snipping that durned rag quilt I made for DH for Christmas.

The monthly ornament swap sounds interesting. I have a tree up in my studio just for this swap. I actually had to buy a bigger one (4') this year. It stays up all year. The mobile idea sounds interesting tho for other times of the year. I don't have any kids to participate in that type of swap, but the others would be interesting.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

I think I must have missed about a mobile. Can someone tell me about that?
Old 11-22-2014, 05:43 PM

I had just stated that I might make one to hang from the ceiling in my sewing room so I could display monthly projects. I do the pincushion and needlecase and if we have a swap like a Valentine ornament etc. it would be a nice way to see them.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:33 PM

PenniF, the bell ringing went great. Kids did a fab job. Thanks for asking. After dinner this evening we had family come visit for the evening. They just left a few minutes ago. It was great having them here, dont get to see them but once or twice a year now. They used to live next door to us so got together all the time so the kids could play. They had their sons service dog Jesse with them. Loved it. It has been a while since I got to play with a larger dog. Mine passed away a few months ago and havent had much interest in getting another till now. Thinking it may be time to give it some consideration. It felt so good to have a fur baby on the couch again even though this one, a lab took up most of the couch. It still felt great and even DH didnt seem to mind having a larger breed invading the couch.