Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 >

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Old 11-21-2014, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by SuziSew View Post
Ongoing swaps could be fun, we could do Easter, 4th of July and Halloween!
SuziSew, love your cute little sewing mouse avatar! Please please please let's start with Valentine's Day. I have a feeling we're all in for a long, cold winter and will want something fun to lift our spirits!
Old 11-21-2014, 12:36 PM

Seems we have a good bit of interest in a Valentines Day swap. I can do that. So, lets here a few ideas of what you would like to do for that occasion. Something specific like magnets or just in general. Remember there are alot of other swaps on here that have the wide range for holidays like mug rugs, postcards, etc. I want to make sure we dont step on any toes. So give me your suggestions.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
I was also thinking about doing a small swap related to kids. I know my kids love it when a swap package arrives and they look so happy when I let them open them for me. So I was thinking about maybe including them in a small one where we adults do a swap but put a twist on it with our kids. Give me your thoughts.
I *LOVE* the kids idea! My son is always messing with my sewing stuff, and has expressed an interest in sewing. Maybe we could do a parent/child swap... where the adults make things for each other, and help the kids do the same? Just a thought!
Old 11-21-2014, 12:47 PM
Power Poster

Yes, there are so many things one could make for ornaments.
Some that off the top of my head are; snowflake/winter, hearts/Valentine's Day, Green/St.Patrick's Day, Showers and Flowers/Spring, Summer flowers, sand buckets, beachy things, 4th of July, Back to school, etc. and all can be an ornament. Ornaments can be any shape and whatever colors, and out of lots of materials. I need a little tree I could hang an assortment of ornaments on, and name it something. I would have it in my sewing room, or maybe on my bar. lol..It sounds fun though. Sometimes I get too busy, but I would have time for one anyway, unless something happened. Oh and my little tree could be out of anything too.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:52 PM

Thanks CookyIN! I love little mouse characters!

Valentines would work for me too!
Old 11-21-2014, 04:29 PM

I just remembered someone mentioning making cloth trees that could hang on the wall. I know there are some of us that dont have the space for a real tree but most of us could make a spot on a wall. Since all of us obviously like making ornaments and like the idea of ornaments for other holidays. Do you see where I am going here. We could all make a tree for our wall then all the holiday ornaments could hang on it. I am going to make a list of suggestions and once this swap is done I will post them. We can then narrow some things down and start those other swaps. Take not that I will most definitely being adding the kids into some of them.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
I was just sitting here thinking. Look out this could go very wrong. There are all kinds of swaps on here. Pincushions, mug rugs, mini quilts, so and so on. I love this ornament swap and was trying to think of another Holiday that specific things are made for like the ornaments. Eggs for Easter popped in my head. Would any of you be interested in more swaps involving Holidays where specific things have to be made such as Ornaments, Eggs, Shamrocks, and such. I hope that makes sense. I was thinking about my bowls of ceramic eggs I put out for Easter and thought fabric Eggs would be great also. Just an idea. Let me know and give some suggestions for other specific items that are not already in swaps on here.
Absolutely !!!!
Old 11-21-2014, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by LoupEsprit View Post
It's still mild here. Still haven't fired up the furnace. Been sleeping with the windows open!
Megan, i gave up and fired up the furnace Tuesday morning for about 15 minutes to take the chill off the house. It was 64 inside when I got up that morning. oh well, usually I have to put some heat on by the 15th so I saved a week off my normal gas bill. But at least it isn't going all day and all night yet.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:09 PM

<dl class="userinfo_extra"><dt>Join Date</dt><dd>Mar 2012</dd><dt>Location</dt><dd>in the middle of nowhere</dd><dt>Posts</dt><dd>852</dd><dt>Blog Entries</dt><dd>3</dd><dt>Feedback Score</dt><dd>8 (100%)</dd></dl>
[QUOTE=roseirish48;6977405]your addy is no secret to me--known it for couple of years.
I was always told that "bad things come in threes". May be an old wives tale but have found some grains of truth in it. I hate thinking what might be next

I pretty much knew you were probably the one handing it out. No problem though

nope--wasnt me ( at least not this time)
love the list--but ou forgot " grandma got run over by a reindeer".
i'm just sitting here in my own little corner working on those Xmas gifts while i patiently await opening day.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:06 PM

Love the idea of "ornaments" for the different holidays. I think I will make something like a mobile (baby crib) to hang in my quilt room and then I can just change the deco. Going to think on this one