Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 >
  • Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

• Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Old 11-20-2014, 09:07 PM

I got my ornaments from both my sp, Thank you!! Can't wait to open them.
    Old 11-21-2014, 03:57 AM

Both of my packages were delivered on Saturday, as promised by the post office. One person did acknowledge receipt here, but I did not see anything from the other person (unless I somehow missed it -- but I thought I was keeping up pretty well). But I went online to check that tracking number & the post office did confirm delivery, so I guess I shouldn't worry about it!

I think a Christmas in July would be fun. Or whatever month you choose.
    Old 11-21-2014, 04:05 AM

I would be interested in different holiday ornament swaps...

hugs

Caroline

Originally Posted by mdall
    I was just sitting here thinking. Look out this could go very wrong. There are all kinds of swaps on here. Pincushions, mug rugs, mini quilts, so and so on. I love this ornament swap and was trying to think of another Holiday that specific things are made for like the ornaments. Eggs for Easter popped in my head. Would any of you be interested in more swaps involving Holidays where specific things have to be made such as Ornaments, Eggs, Shamrocks, and such. I hope that makes sense. I was thinking about my bowls of ceramic eggs I put out for Easter and thought fabric Eggs would be great also. Just an idea. Let me know and give some suggestions for other specific items that are not already in swaps on here.
    Old 11-21-2014, 06:26 AM

I am really liking the ideas coming in for other types of swaps. A Christmas in July is sounding really good. I will have to keep that one on my list of future swaps.

I was also thinking about doing a small swap related to kids. I know my kids love it when a swap package arrives and they look so happy when I let them open them for me. So I was thinking about maybe including them in a small one where we adults do a swap but put a twist on it with our kids. Give me your thoughts.
    Old 11-21-2014, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by mdall
    I am really liking the ideas coming in for other types of swaps. A Christmas in July is sounding really good. I will have to keep that one on my list of future swaps.

I was also thinking about doing a small swap related to kids. I know my kids love it when a swap package arrives and they look so happy when I let them open them for me. So I was thinking about maybe including them in a small one where we adults do a swap but put a twist on it with our kids. Give me your thoughts.
    I love these swap ideas! Especially the holiday and kid ones. My kids love this whole swap thing too.
    Old 11-21-2014, 08:25 AM

I PM'd Michelle but can't remember if I posted here, so wanted to be sure my Secret Swappers know that I've received my ornaments. Thank you in advance; I'm like a little kid waiting to open them!

I like the idea of Swaps for other holidays too. My only suggestion would be that rather than be overly specific (like an Easter egg) we call it something more generic (like a decoration swap) to give everyone more leeway in what to craft. The only criteria would be that it be themed specifically for that holiday. Either way, I'll go along with what others want to do. I can always sit out a swap if I don't think I can do what's specified.
    Old 11-21-2014, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by CookyIN
    I PM'd Michelle but can't remember if I posted here, so wanted to be sure my Secret Swappers know that I've received my ornaments. Thank you in advance; I'm like a little kid waiting to open them!

I like the idea of Swaps for other holidays too. My only suggestion would be that rather than be overly specific (like an Easter egg) we call it something more generic (like a decoration swap) to give everyone more leeway in what to craft. The only criteria would be that it be themed specifically for that holiday. Either way, I'll go along with what others want to do. I can always sit out a swap if I don't think I can do what's specified.
    Yes, that was my plan for most of them. Even if it was Easter the option to do whatever is there as long as its Easter related. The more specific swaps would state just that like this is an Egg Swap or whatever.
    Old 11-21-2014, 09:42 AM

I will sending out PM's this weekend to touch base with those of you that I have not heard from on receiving ornaments yet. There are a few out there that should have received orns by now but havent heard anything from you. We have senders that are starting to worry. If you have received and not PM'd me please do so. If you have then just keep waiting in curious anticipation. I will also be posting a list of those who have received and notified me so maybe the senders can rest easy as they come in. Please do not feel as I am nagging in any way. That is not my intention, just trying to make sure all is well and help people relax.

Last edited by mdall; 11-21-2014 at 09:46 AM.
    Old 11-21-2014, 09:48 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by omacookie
    Today I received a small box and it is light. ON return address but it did say do not open till Dec 7th. Thanks.
    I think the elf meant to say December 6th! LOL...
    Old 11-21-2014, 11:20 AM

Ongoing swaps could be fun, we could do Easter, 4th of July and Halloween!