Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2015 >

Christmas ornament swap 2015

Christmas ornament swap 2015

Old 10-10-2015, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
I've already signed up -- I'm #14, I believe. This is my second year, too. Red, you did ask us to list favorite Christmas colors, collections, etc., so I was thinking that I had to wait for my partner's information in order to make the ornaments. But am I wrong about that? Just wondering when I should start planning. This is really a wonderful swap! And thank you for hosting it for us!
I was thinking the same thing. I'm putting together ideas but will wait until I know for sure. Last year one of the swapper's I sent to had a small tree, so I tried to make something that would work with that. I know however what is given and received will be appreciated by all. For sure it's nothing to stress over...stress it too much work and I'm lazy!!
Old 10-10-2015, 01:34 PM

I totally missed that about special likes/requests. So whoever gets me -- I like anything and everything. My tree has all colors on it so anything will go, and I like all Christmas and Winter themes.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:34 PM

Thanks to those who responded to my question. I will take your advice & start planning! I love handmade ornaments -- & there are sooooo many ideas out there! And favorites I like to make every year as well.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
I totally missed that about special likes/requests. So whoever gets me -- I like anything and everything. My tree has all colors on it so anything will go, and I like all Christmas and Winter themes.
I put this information into your "file" to let your partner know when the time comes, CookyIN. Now they will have a good idea when they make your ornament. It really does help to know a little something before sending. Right girls?

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 10-10-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

Yes Sandy, It does help to know what someone likes. Especially what they don't like. Last month my partner in the pincushion swap said she hated the color PINK. Like you mentioned some decorate in certain colors.Me I love anything any color or style. When I was growing up we always had a real tree (before fake ones) with a mix of different types of ornaments. Some homemade some store bought. It was always beautiful. I do like the organized trees also. That's what is great about this swap "all the differences".
Old 10-10-2015, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

So true mary, so very true. And it is fun to celebrate that with our swaps. I have gone through my assigned person's profile and pictures before to see what they have made and the colors they used to get a clue as to what they like. That helps some.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post

I also missed the questions about likes and dislikes, and when I looked back I couldn't find it either, so I thought I would throw a couple of things out there. I am a favor of the old fashion mixed up Christmas tree, Kid at heart my daughter says, I have many Hallmark ornaments each one bought for a reason. I love the traditional hand made items in the traditional Christmas colors, definitely not a Pink or brought color kind of person. I string my tree with fresh cranberry, NJ cranberries lol, and popcorn as my garland. This year is the year I will be giving alot of my things to my daughter as she has her own place now and getting married in April. But I also am getting in return some very old traditional ornaments from my mom, as she passed in May, many things will be different this holiday season. Have been going through the books and ready with my list just waiting for my name as to which I make.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:10 AM

Thanks Red, I appreciate it!
Old 10-11-2015, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

Your welcome CookyIN! TeriLynn, I have fixed your information too. Just in case the swapper doesn't read this page.

Have a great day ladies.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:42 PM

Hi again. To those who are wondering where the request for "special info or likes/dislikes" is, just look at the end of Rule #6, below the request for screen name, real name etc., & you will find:

"Any information that will make it easier for your partner to pick the correct types or colors of ornaments to make for you.

EXAMPLE. I have a small tree, blue color schemes, or perhaps I collect___."

After two people said they didn't see this, I had to look back to see if it was really there or if I made it up in my own head (which is entirely possible).

Whew! I didn't have to use my "get-out-of-jail-free" card!