Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas Ornament Swap 2016 is Open for Enrollment!! >

Christmas Ornament Swap 2016 is Open for Enrollment!!

Christmas Ornament Swap 2016 is Open for Enrollment!!

Old 11-19-2016, 09:51 AM

Yes we did get snow. Down by my work; which is about 42 miles south of me; we hardly go anything-just a dusting. But at my house we had about 3". However, even with the 3" the roads were not bad. Hubby didn't have time to get supper started like we discussed earlier because we both knew my drive home would be interesting to say the least; 2 1/2 hours of interesting; so we decided to go to the little town 3 miles up the road from our house. They even had more snow there and the conditions of the roads from our house to there changed drastically. We even saw cars in the ditches and the tow trucks out.

It is overcast and cloudy today, with a balmy 30 degrees, but at least there isn't snow.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Woke up to snow on the ground this morning! Not a lot, just about an inch or so. Anoka Quilter, did your area receive the brunt of the storm? It's hard to believe that yesterday the temp was 70* this morning it's 29!

Jan
Old 11-19-2016, 09:52 AM

Great ornament Robinlee, you partner is a very lucky person.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:55 AM

Just another reminder to PM me when you send and receive. I am not marking my list from sent/receive posted in the thread.

CookieZenmilk asked how many swappers we had this year. There were 47 this year.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:12 PM

AnokaQuilter - That's too much snow for me and too early in the year! How do you handle it? I'm southern born and raised. I thank God for air conditioning every warm humid day, even on Christmas. I remember taking my then 4 y.o. to the beach on New Year's Day so she could get her feet wet and play in the sand. Can't do that in snow. Too many clothes to wear. Now she's lived in the Denver area since 2000 and deals with that white stuff every year. ROFL
Old 11-19-2016, 01:29 PM

Honestly I love the snow, even the colder temps as long as it is not minus something.

I don't know if I could live somewhere where the seasons didn't change.
Old 11-19-2016, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
Honestly I love the snow, even the colder temps as long as it is not minus something.

I don't know if I could live somewhere where the seasons didn't change.
Ah, that would be Arizona! It's a balmy 82 degrees out right now. If we're lucky we might get a week or two of "winter" (i.e. temps in the 50's).
Old 11-20-2016, 03:17 PM

i want to move somewhere with no snow. pretty to look at but that is it for me. in 2014, Massachusetts had a total of 108" of snow. The last snow pile melted in July!
Old 11-20-2016, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by CookieZenmilk View Post
i want to move somewhere with no snow. pretty to look at but that is it for me. in 2014, Massachusetts had a total of 108" of snow. The last snow pile melted in July!
I remember that snowy winter, Cookie. I had a friend living up there then. She and her husband sold the house and are now living in Florida!

The seasons do change... everywhere. Even where it doesn't snow. You become sensitive to it and get that Christmas feeling even without snow. The first year I lived in Hawaii I felt so odd at Christmas... but by the second year and beyond I was a lot more sensitive to the subtle changes, like cooler weather, and more rain. Rainy season there always made me feel like Christmas was coming. Subtle changes suit me fine.

Here in Mississippi we get some real cold in the winter, just not more than about 2 months of it. And sometimes it snows... every several years. Just enough to make snowfall very magical and special for us. That year it snowed so much in Massachusetts, we got at least 4 snowfalls down here-- a record for one winter!
Old 11-20-2016, 05:45 PM

Thats a real love story, Laquita, hope your foot is healing ok
Old 11-20-2016, 07:21 PM
Power Poster

I just realized I will be selling at a craft show on Dec. 3rd (our opening day), so I may open and show my ornament early... or late. Still have not received one so it may not be an issue!