Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED  July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st >

CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

Old 07-15-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by selfhunter
Originally Posted by Krystyna
My SP's package is really going to be secret! I forgot to put a note in it!
I forgot to put note in mine also and didn't even think about it until I read your post. Only my name and return address on the package
Whoopsy! I did the same thing....for the third time!
Old 07-15-2011, 05:09 PM

It looks like my SP might have a chance of thunderstorms tonight.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
YAY!!! The package to my SP is out for delivery in that wonderful state ...
Me!!! I'm in Nebraska ;)

Nope, never mind. It went to a new Nebraskan, I see. Good for her!!
Old 07-15-2011, 05:43 PM

I received a wonderful package from my SP Wanda Lou today. It had some wonderful red & white fabric: 2 red FQ's, 1 white FQ, one half yard of white with red cherries fabric and 1 yard of red & white zebra print fabric, a package of quilt pins, a package of thread spools and some really nice note cards along with a note.

Thanks Wanda Lou for everything. I love red fabric... how did you know. :-D Everything will be put to good use. I even get to post a pic.. Yippee. I am camera able now.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-227003.jpe  
Old 07-15-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by grumpy90650
Originally Posted by koko
My package is out for delivery today in Texas.
and koko, i got it!!! what a great package it was!! see pics below....koko made me the cutest pot holder/hot pad...it is just so cute...and she sent me some great patterns and templates, and a great book with a octogon pattern i have been wanting to try....some nice fabric, and a very handy caddy that i need for my projects!!! thanks so much ann, it was a great package..............hugs to you!!!!!!!!! gina
Glad you liked the package - I love selecting items with the person in mind...and often what I get for my SP is something I get for me too!! Happy Quilting!
Old 07-15-2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Last night I, at last, had a good look at the magnificent firmy sent to me by Deborah (tedytrsr).

My breath was certainly taken away. On the top was a lovely note from her. Under it was: a chart in cross stitch "Quilters Make Warm Lovers", a leaflet with christmas patterns (some of those will look beautiful on our tree this year), another of dolphins and a book of lovely patterns that you can mix and match. Also a fantastic hard back book on cross stitch by Mary Engelbreight (I want to start one now and having a childish tantrum because I can't). Two novels, because I am an avid reader too and a lovely wire bound notebook. There was also a lovely cookbook. DH is already choosing the recipes that he likes!

Hiding amongst them a cross stitch kit, which will be made first of all for my new kitchen, my DH thinks this is hilarious cos he would never criticise my cooking - he enjoys it too much. I will have to stitch this one twice as a dear friend wants one too!

At the bottom was a beautiful Christmas box, which I love and will store some Christmas treasures in.

Now, at this point, not having read the customs form, I thought I had got to the bottom of it and idly opened the box.

Wow, out tumbled a huge array of wonderful fabrics, 5 beautiful christmas fabrics and 4 others. I fell in love with 2/3 yard of the christmas gingerbread one. Had to wrest that one away from my friend too!

I also love the one that is printed with lots of currency notes from around the world. I have been thinking of making a wallet and that one will spur me on.

Last but not least a wonderful magnifying needle threader. Deborah, you must have a crystal ball because when you posted it, even I did not know that eye surgery that I had last December had failed and I am not seeing properly.

Warning -- the Janet Evanovich books are laugh out loud funny but you will find yourself wanting all them, up to 17 now I think.

Deby
Old 07-15-2011, 05:47 PM

Oh my goodness, where do I begin? My Secret Pal this month went above and beyond!!! Thank You SharonAnne so much for all the beautiful items you sent me. You had me down to a tee!!! As you can see in the picture, I got tea lights, chocolate covered almonds, a Civil War kleenex cover, and patriotic button, a cd audio book of the latest Elm Creek Quilts, fabrics, mettallic threads, on my finger is a finger pin cushion she made which is too cute......and......last but my no means least, she knows that I make scarves for the Special Olympics and SharonAnne made a donation to them in my name. What a beautiful spirit you have!!! What a great welcome back to the swap this was for me this month. I have missed you all!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-227006.jpe  
Old 07-15-2011, 05:59 PM

Package sent to my SP today who lives in the state where "Hoosier hospitality is no accident", or so the signs used to say on the highway as you entered the state.

The SP's city name is the same as a Florida city that was in a song.

Package should be there on Monday.

Deby
Old 07-15-2011, 06:12 PM

This is my first SP swap and the suspense is killing me. I can't wait for my SP to get her package. I really really hope she likes it. How do you guys handle this every month. I will be starting to gather for the next swap this weekend.

Robyn
Old 07-15-2011, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
This is my first SP swap and the suspense is killing me. I can't wait for my SP to get her package. I really really hope she likes it. How do you guys handle this every month. I will be starting to gather for the next swap this weekend.

Robyn
They are so----- much fun!!!