Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >
  • CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

• CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-13-2011, 08:13 PM

I want to thank Gzuslivz (a.k.a. Renee)for a fantastic swap.
    She sent the cutest fabric flower that puts a smile on my face every time I look at it. She made a pretty hot pad with pansy fabric. Pansies are one of my favorite flowers because they keep blooming all summer. Plus a home/travel sewing case. A package of curved safety pins. Also a spa foot mask. I have never had a mask for my feet. Believe me I need something for my feet. I go barefoot to offen. My heels need help. Also a fat quarter of the most beautiful purple batik fabric. I want more of that fabric. I'm going to look for more. Plus "A guide to Fine Hand Quilting" book. I think I will try hand quilting but on a small piece first. Last but not least, a set of 11 strands of beads that I love the colors of. I just learned a new way of beading.
    I can't forget 2 Dove chocolate candy bars.
    Thank you again Gzusliva (Renee)
    Old 06-13-2011, 08:18 PM

Dropped my SP package in the mail this afternoon. It is heading east and the zip code totals up to 26 and her favorite color is red.

Still waiting on my package, but I am not worried.
    Old 06-13-2011, 11:46 PM

Does anyone know the best place to look for Its a boy fabric? I have looked at so many places. Online and well everywhere.. I can't find anything. I have found lots of Its a girl fabric, but no Its a boy fabric.
    Old 06-14-2011, 12:16 AM

Sent out my sp package today!!
    Old 06-14-2011, 01:01 AM

What an ordeal to mail my SP package. We lost electricity for a total of 15 hours yesterday. The postmistriss finally after about 5 hours into the poweroutage had to start the generator. I wanted to have the pkg weighed to see which way I would send it. I was going to send a tyvek soft squishy, but found out for .60 more I could send it in a priorty flat rate. The firmy box offered more protection. I had to pay .70 for the del conf. I asked if it where free and she said only for click and ship pkgs. My pkg ended up costing $11.65 to send. Is that about normal? The pkg is headed to a NW State. I see a lot of pkgs headed east, wondering if 1 could be mine. I am about as NE as you can get.
    Old 06-14-2011, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
    What an ordeal to mail my SP package. We lost electricity for a total of 15 hours yesterday. The postmistriss finally after about 5 hours into the poweroutage had to start the generator. I wanted to have the pkg weighed to see which way I would send it. I was going to send a tyvek soft squishy, but found out for .60 more I could send it in a priorty flat rate. The firmy box offered more protection. I had to pay .70 for the del conf. I asked if it where free and she said only for click and ship pkgs. My pkg ended up costing $11.65 to send. Is that about normal? The pkg is headed to a NW State. I see a lot of pkgs headed east, wondering if 1 could be mine. I am about as NE as you can get.
    That's how much mine cost to mail. Med. priority box. (mailed it out yesterday. I'll post the delivery confirmation in a bit)
    Old 06-14-2011, 05:47 AM
    Power Poster

wow there are some really nice swaps. Every month they seem to get better.I love the homemade items. And what pretty fabrics. Lori ya got some really cute cat fabrics. Mary
    Old 06-14-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by babyfireo4
    Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
    That's how much mine cost to mail. Med. priority box. (mailed it out yesterday. I'll post the delivery confirmation in a bit)
    Yeah, mine run around 8-10 dollars, depending on weight and how far it has to go. The post office is definately making their wages. lol
    Old 06-14-2011, 08:08 AM

My package is on it's way to a state that starts with an "I".
    The town's name starts with an "S".

And one other tidbit.......

lies on the south edge of land originally owned by George Boxley
    Old 06-14-2011, 08:24 AM

My package went out yesterday to a State that starts with an I that is almost in another country to the North. The city initials are TF which could stand for Too Fat (which I am) but does not. It was kind of "Bitter" sweet to send it. No beating around the "bush."