Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-17-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Here is a picture of the bear I won and the happy girl that got her. Her name is Jade and she named her Fluffy.
This bear is so cute. What a fun day you had!
Old 06-17-2011, 04:14 PM

[quote=Tussymussy]OMG everyone knew? Will have to go into hiding :lol:

Heavens, no. You're among friends.

Deby
Old 06-17-2011, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
Originally Posted by babyfireo4
Originally Posted by SharonAnne
My SP package was mailed yesterday by priority mail. It's going to a city that appears to be named after a South American country, and the recipient seems to be playing guessing games on here. Maybe she or she will see this posting and figure it out. Hoping the package will be liked!!! Should be there tomorrow.
It could be me I live in Peru!!!!
Hmmmm... I see you were paying attention. lol. Could very well be. And I see you have a new avatar.. Cute.
I knew it!!! Thanks :) Thought it would be nice if ppl could see how cute my baby boy is now ;)
Old 06-17-2011, 04:37 PM

Do you have any idea how crazy the people here (in my house) think I am!?!?! I Got My Firmie Today!!! And Have been getting laughed at for the last 20 min. because I can't stop happy dancing after opening it!!!
Thank You Thank You Thank You SharonAnne! I LOVE Everything. I'm posting pics in a sec. She sent so many amazing things I'm just stunned. First, my son and I both adore the homemade card with the seals on it. I read it and am so touched you put so much thought into my firmie. Include in the firmie is: 3 4th of July ribbons, 4th of July button, 2 blue fq's (beautiful colors), spider-man coloring book for Payton (he did his own happy dance, and then asked if I planned on sharing the candy), Cowtails candy (yum we're still in debate about exactly how much is being shared, he seems to think I should get 2 and the rest are his lol), A pre-printed freezer paper sheet (I can't wait to try it!), 4 pkg of buttons (Def. going to use these scrap-booking thank you), metallic hand-quilting thread (It is so beautiful I'm almost scared to try it but, no worries I'm already forming a special quilt for this), water soluble marking pen (mine quit working about a week ago, I think you may have esp), and last but not least the most adorable donut pin cushion!
You think wow at this point? Me To, but that's not it. She also sent me a book and bookmark and The most dazzling, amazing, splendid (are we getting how much I LOVE this!!) card I have ever seen!
Ok, Mallorie quit happy dancing in your seat and post pictures for these nice people.

On a personal note for Sharon. Thank You so much. You have made this the best birthday I have had in several years! I love the card and just because I like Amy Brown art does not mean your card is any less wonderful, actually you have given me a new artist to enjoy. I hope your birthday on the 28th is as amazing as you have made mine. I am simply in awe of your thoughtfulness and I hope you can feel how much I appreciate this :)
Didn't post the harlequin book and bookmark (bookmark is 3D and wasn't playing nice with my camera, and well I'm reading the book already)

overall
[ATTACH=CONFIG]213053[/ATTACH]

homemade card :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]213054[/ATTACH]

fabric and pin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]213055[/ATTACH]

scrap-booking buttons
[ATTACH=CONFIG]213056[/ATTACH]

freezer paper pattern and thread
[ATTACH=CONFIG]213057[/ATTACH]

spiderman and cowtails
[ATTACH=CONFIG]213058[/ATTACH]

outside of amazing b-day card :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]213059[/ATTACH]

Inside of fabulous card! Hope I didn't post to many pictures for everyone ;)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]213060[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-213047.jpe   attachment-213048.jpe   attachment-213049.jpe   attachment-213050.jpe   attachment-213051.jpe  

attachment-213052.jpe   attachment-213053.jpe   attachment-213054.jpe  
Old 06-17-2011, 05:03 PM

I came home from the hospital today, after being in for a week and found my package from Katvert on the table waiting for me. She sent me: a J initial journal, J initial pencils, J notepads 5 pieces of fabric, some hard candy, and I Love Lucy License plate and magnet and some hot pads. Thank you so much!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-213059.jpe   attachment-213060.jpe  
Old 06-17-2011, 05:10 PM

Juli- Adorable notepad! Hope your doing better and don't have to go back to the hospital.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:00 PM

I am sitting here on the bench, but need to go fix dinner...DH thinks it's time to eat. I better be nice to him. He has been working in the yard all day and made me over a dozen birdhouses and some bird feeders the past couple of days to take to the street fair next weekend. Anyone else on the bench? I won't get too close as I have a sore throad and a dry hacky cough...think it's probably just allergies...
Happy Stitchin' crafty_linda_b
Old 06-17-2011, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
Lauriejo
Thank you, thank you, thank you.....I just peeked into the envelope because I am on my way to a quilting class at 6:30. I will post pics tonight when I get home......I am glad I looked because I was going to buy new rotary blade tonight ... now I don't have to....munching on one of the candy bars for "dinner". again thanks Patti
Back from MFQS, now I really had time to look at my GREAT gift. She mailed me 4 wonderful fat quarters, one of the hugh totes from Joanne's, Fons&Porter Quilt magazine, The Ozark Star pattern, rotary cutter blades, handmade pin cushion I can wear as a ring while hand appliqueing, the nicest little seam ripper, there were 2 Milky Way Simply Caramel bars, but you will notice only one made the photo...hehehe .. she also included a post card of the Amish farmers in Mesopotamia, OH and a wonderful Panda Bear note with a nice message.
Thank you very much for all the thought you put into this to make it special for me, I appreciate everything you chose.

My package from Lauriejo
[ATTACH=CONFIG]213119[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-213113.jpe  
Old 06-17-2011, 06:09 PM

You are sooooo, sewwww very welcome. Your enthusiasm and extremely kind reaction made my day and even "I" did a happy dance. I love to give gifts, and when you put your heart into finding and making things, it is gratifying to receive such a lovely response as yours. I have had a couple of SP's who never even acknowleged that they received my packages, much less like them, and it was very disheartening for me. But you have made it all worthwhile, and I want to do this all over again in July!!! Happy b-day!
Old 06-17-2011, 06:10 PM

Love, love, love the flowered fabric. Nice swap!

Deby