Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-18-2011, 05:47 AM

Wow, there are so many happy dances going on here that I am sure that I can feel the world rocking, perhaps not at this time of your morning - it's mid afternoon here.

The parcels this month so far have been awesome. Each month they seem to get better and better but we do have to stay in that $10 limit, except for the stuff from our own cache. I love this and have been spending some precious studying time on organising the July one :oops: Please don't let DH know!

I hope that those of you on the bench have a great huddle and your firmies or squishies arrive soon. Mine should be arriving with my SP in 2 - 7 days depending on how long the British and US mails take to talk to each other.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:33 AM

Mine hasn't come either, I hope it comes today, so I don't have to wait till monday. this is my first time, so I am very anxious to see what will come. My secret pal got hers today....

Thanks Twinkie for letting me know it got there!
Old 06-18-2011, 07:38 AM

I am new also and have not received mine yet either. I know mine got hers and she is mine. I am sure it will be soon but not today.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by twinkie
I received my SP package yesterday. What a great job Chereth did on her first package. She sent a poodle appliqué piece, a small package of Kleenex in a log cabin package, a package of quilting machine needles, a spool of purple (my favorite color) metallic thread and the cutest panel "Cherish Nature". I have some great fabrics I can use with this panel. She sent a cute note with the package. I will be able to use everything she sent. Thanks again Cheryl.
So happy you liked it. I had no idea what I was doing, but I guess I did ok. Sorry I didn't send any candy. Forgot to buy it when I was in town, and didn't have time to go back :( I hope you have your own stash to keep your blood sugar up while sewing ;)
Old 06-18-2011, 08:07 AM
Power Poster

Great swaps in todays posts.Seems like alot of them are starting to arrive. Goodie!!! Maybe mine will come soon too. Mary
Old 06-18-2011, 09:15 AM

Good Afternoon to all! I am on the bench with everyone but I'm sewing this afternoon so will have to see you all this evening! What to bring???? Something yummy! Hope the mailman brings me something on Monday...work a 12 hour day so it would be a great surprise to come home to! Hope everyone is having a great Father's Day weekend. Sending a big thank you to all Father's out there....where we would be without you?? Love to my Father and Husband two very special men in my life - I would be very lost without them.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by SLHughes
For those of you that have sent packages to Canada. We still are on postal strike.

So if my Secret Pal out there that has sent me something and wondering if I have received it yet or not. :( I haven't ... but sure it is waiting for me when the mail resumes.
That just sucks for you guys :( Tell those postal folks to put the packages in a cold spot in case it has chocolate!

Here is hoping it is over soon. :?
Old 06-18-2011, 10:01 AM

What beautiful fabric!! love it. and all the packages are nice!!
Originally Posted by twinkie
I received my SP package yesterday. What a great job Chereth did on her first package. She sent a poodle appliqué piece, a small package of Kleenex in a log cabin package, a package of quilting machine needles, a spool of purple (my favorite color) metallic thread and the cutest panel "Cherish Nature". I have some great fabrics I can use with this panel. She sent a cute note with the package. I will be able to use everything she sent. Thanks again Cheryl.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Originally Posted by tedytrser
Looking at these packages I feel mine is gonna be lame to my SP. I thought the person that I got were experienced and had alot of stuff like a cutter, bobbins and stuff like that. So, SP I hope you enjoy.
I am sure your's is not lame and your sp will like it just fine! Remember newbies that even experienced sewers need the basic supplies, blades go dull, bobbins get lost (here anyway) scissors play hide and seek, seam rippers fall into the back of the chair or the sofa!
Yeah that is true!!!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 10:17 AM

Juli do you want the fabric that actually says "it's a boy" on it? or do you want the fabric line that is called it's a boy thing? I can look for you the next time I go to town and let you know. Our Joann's had the one with the lettering on it but that was awhile back. I am not sure they still do. You might try their online store and see if they carry it there. Good luck. crafty_linda_b

Originally Posted by Juli
Does anyone here know of any good places to find Its a boy baby fabric? I have been trying to find some. I have found a lot of Its a girl fabric, but I can't seem to find any It's a boy fabric.