Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 07-07-2011, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by babyfireo4
I was looking for the TOPIC page, not the activity page..but thanks...
I don't think JULY has a topic page it is not shown in the search, nor in the swaps section..
Here is the July chat page http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-132947-1.htm
Old 07-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Power Poster

I recieved a fabulous swap package from lauriejo today. My goodness it was well worth the wait. Thanks sooo much Laurie.I have pmed Lori and also left positive feedback for you. Ladies and gents I got 6 FQ's of beautiful fabric, 2 spools of really nice hand quilting thread,A package of insul-brite which wal-mart said they may stopp carring and I was almost out of. A cute TO DO pad,A nice pattern book to make cupcake pincushions, a CD that I didn't check out yet with 12 fully patterned scrap quilt designs,a very cute handmade coaster that you put the bottom of the glass into, also several cut out stars cut from patriotic fabrics(very nice) I hope I didn't leave anything out Laurie. As usual I cannot post a picture.Oh and one of my favorites is a pillowcase with really beautiful roses to embroder. LaurieJo put alot of thought and work into this swap and I thank her from the bottom of my heart.Thank You. Mary
Old 07-07-2011, 08:26 PM

So, who else besides me is still on the bench? My cutie of a mailman knows I am waiting for three parcels. I think he is starting to feel sorry for me.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:03 AM

I got my angel package today.. WOW. I was really spoiled.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

I forgot to mention Lauriejo also sent me a very cute beaded scissor fob and a tomato pincushion that has each section marked for sewing machine needles. What a really neat and useful idea.Thanks again Lauriejo.Littleone hope you get yours today. Mary
Old 07-08-2011, 01:53 PM

Not today, my man came and left today with no package for me. News this morning said there is a 80 million pieces backlog of mail at Canada Post and Posties are only permitted to work 1 hour of overtime. They have opted out of working any overtime. We are paying way too much for our mail service in Canada. Well there is always another day. I am waiting for 3 parcels. Will be just like Christmas when they arrive.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by littleone
Not today, my man can and left today with no package for me. News this morning said there is a 80 million pieces backlog of mail at Canada Post and Posties are only permitted to work 1 hour of overtime. They have opted out of working any overtime. We are paying way too much for our mail service in Canada. Well there is always another day. I am waiting for 3 parcels. Will be just like Christmas when they arrive.
So sorry this has happened. But I am glad the strike is over. Sooner or later they will catch up. Like you said it will be like christmas. Mary
Old 07-08-2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
I recieved a fabulous swap package from lauriejo today. My goodness it was well worth the wait. Thanks sooo much Laurie.I have pmed Lori and also left positive feedback for you. Ladies and gents I got 6 FQ's of beautiful fabric, 2 spools of really nice hand quilting thread,A package of insul-brite which wal-mart said they may stopp carring and I was almost out of. A cute TO DO pad,A nice pattern book to make cupcake pincushions, a CD that I didn't check out yet with 12 fully patterned scrap quilt designs,a very cute handmade coaster that you put the bottom of the glass into, also several cut out stars cut from patriotic fabrics(very nice) I hope I didn't leave anything out Laurie. As usual I cannot post a picture.Oh and one of my favorites is a pillowcase with really beautiful roses to embroder. LaurieJo put alot of thought and work into this swap and I thank her from the bottom of my heart.Thank You. Mary
Oh my gosh is there another lauriejo on the board? Sounds like you got a wonderful squishy Mary, but it wasn't from me. I've been known to forget things, but I would remember a squishy like this!
Old 07-09-2011, 07:17 AM
Power Poster

Great big OOOOPPS!! My package was from Carriejo!!! I gotta go back and redo everything. I'm sooo sorry Carriejo.How embarrissing. Boy oh Boy am I red. Thanks for the heads up Lauriejo. Mary
Old 07-09-2011, 05:57 PM

IT'S HERE.........YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I picked up my parcel from the Post Office this afternoon. What a parcel. Sue (Skaduzy) picked up on that I am a chicken collector and really added to my cluckers. She made me my first set of mug rugs; have some made for others but not myself. The cutest tea towel for the kitchen and I use these hanging ones all the time for a quick drying of the hands. The note pad is on my fridge already and will come in handy as I have to give myself notes all the time. The window hanger is up and waiting for the sun to shine through.. We've had just the down pour of rain the last couple of days my veggie garden is going to be floating soon.
Aren't the earrings the sweet. And then there is Miss Coy just look at those eyes........She has here place already on the kitchen counter.

The cute cat panels will be used for some little zippered bags for my daughter. She will find them handy when she returns to the hospital in September for more cancer surgery.

Sue; the wait has been well worth it, just love everything. Thanks again Dar

look at all my chickens from Sue
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223868[/ATTACH]

Now doesn't she look coy???
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223869[/ATTACH]

Earrings - too cute.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223870[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-223862.jpe   attachment-223863.jpe   attachment-223864.jpe