Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Closed- Summer MerryGoRound Block Swap >

Closed- Summer MerryGoRound Block Swap

Closed- Summer MerryGoRound Block Swap

Old 07-19-2012, 12:31 PM

Okay okay okay - boy you girls are a tough crowd. I looked at several books to make sure the block I chose were CW, not U.RR.......I have decided on three - Shoo Fly - a star with a either a 4 path or solid center (not sure which one I am going to go with) and Double T's. Let me get them made and posted so you can see what I want to consist in this swap.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:37 PM

Ooooooo, we are all on our computers waiting. How much trouble can we get into just waiting around for you to be sewing these up?
Old 07-19-2012, 05:05 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Love the idea of having a set that includes different patterns. Usually my second block is the best. Learning on first, OK on second, bored by third.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:18 AM
Power Poster

Deb I realized pretty much all my CW type stash is FQ. Do you think any of these patterns will lend themselves to that? Do all fabrics in each block have to be exactly the same? I realize you might not know the answer to that yet so I can wait.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:58 AM

Anna, since we will only be making 4 blocks of each pattern, I am thinking it may be doable Even though the block shows usually just two colors - I am okay with three or even 4 depending on the block itself. My fabric is in the washer now - so I will be cutting out my block samples tonight. I think that will give everyone a better idea once I post them in THE NEW THREAD SWAP......
Old 07-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Power Poster

Thank you Deb. I am looking forward to seeing the samples. I have never made a Double T block but I like the look of it.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:47 AM

The blocks will all be in the Quilterscache.com site- so everyone will be able to make the blocks the exact same way. All blocks will be 12.5 unfinished. Gee, I am still waiting for my fabric to dry!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:28 AM

With as much fabric as you purchased, which is very nice mind you, no wonder taking time to dry. See, you are as anxious as the rest of us now.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:50 PM

I've been lurking in the weeds watching the progress of this swap and wish now that I had signed up - I did make a couple of the blocks and sent them on to another board memeber that is making a quilt for a JoAnn employee that will soon be leaving for the military - wish I had taken a photo of the blocks to share they turned out very nice - red white and blue. Thank you Deb for hosting this swap and for posting the link to the pattern. Will watch to see what you decide to do for this next swap - my current LQS BOM is with CW fabrics.

I enjoyed seeing everyone's blocks.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:38 PM

Oh, Deb is offline right now, she must have gotten the fabric out of the dryer and is working on the new blocks. Excited to see them.