Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st. >

December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st.

December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
I also try my best to get my swap mailed early. Saying that I did have problems last winter. It was hard to get out because of ice. Things do happen.Most everyone sends a swap even if it is a little late.I don't think there has been many to not send at all.I think this is one of the most reliable swaps I've been in. Lynnie, I hope you get to post the pictures.I also would like to see them,You know I love pictures. lol
You are absolutely right, Mary. Life,( weather, kids, illness), etc.... does get in the way, especially in December. I thought I had all the time in the world and was surprised when it was two days before the mail deadline and I was scrambling to finish up my swap boxes! By and large, from what I have seen, folks on this quilting board (or perhaps it is just quilter's in general) are the most loving, giving and kind people I have ever met. (Even if it is virtual!)

(Lynnie is a perfect example!)
Old 12-18-2014, 08:44 AM
Power Poster

thanks, I needed that today. greatly appreciated
Old 12-18-2014, 10:10 AM

I am a procrastinator, but I would never not send a swap to my partner. It has thappened to me 3 different times. If someone does not receive something from me, I will be in the hospital or dead. My pkg is going out a day late. I didn't go out of the house yesterday and I am not going out today. When DH gets home he can go to the post office, it's snowing here. I got a couple things for my partner at a craft fair, but where did I put them? I made my FIL a throw quilt for Christmas. DD was suppose to quilt it on her longarm, but has not had the time. I hired someone to do it, they promised I would get it tomorrow so I would have time to bind it before Christmas. The longarm is in my basement, but I am not interested in trying to learn. All of my shopping is done and wrapped. Karen I'll pm the tracking number this evening.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

Dwina, a day or two late mailing I don't think that's all that a big deal.It's snowed here last night also.We did get almost 1". Cloudy today,but above freezing enough to start melting the snow. Hope you get your quilt back to bind it. Ummm show us pictures OK? Lynnie did you get the stockings all done? If so that was quick.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:23 AM

It's 32 here and I got some snow but nothing that did stick. Looks like the next snow will be Wed into Christmas. I can't wait to see Lynnie's thoughtful stockings. I was still out shopping today and I even went to Michael's. I have to get my snowmen done and hopefully by this weekend. This is the first year I haven't bought any wrapping paper. Have loads left from last year, but I really didn't buy many presents to wrap. Since I never know what they want they are getting money. It works for me. I'm sitting on the bench too but it's ok.
Everyone have a great day
Old 12-18-2014, 11:37 AM
Power Poster

mary, finished the stocking. Whew, I rushed down to the clubhouse, rushing to get them in, and the lady whois the manager of the HOA was not in today. sooooo, I have to go back tomorrow. she said it must be in today. well, where was she.?? Jeanne took pics so look for them soon.
Pat, it's about 42 here. but no wind so it's o.k. the wind is a killer here. I only had my light jacket on today, but the sun helped too. I want snow for Christmas.
I showed the stockings at the clubhouse to some ladies. one said I was 'handi'. "HANDI"?????? guess it's better than nothing. have a great day all. the stocking should be posted under photos. Enjoy your day, all!
Old 12-18-2014, 11:57 AM
Power Poster

Hello everyone!

I don't know what we are going to get today, I haven't checked weather except to look out the window. It's over cast and just kind of dreary looking. I just finished cutting something out, and will be sewing/quilting it today for my son.

Dwina, I am like you that I could never not send someone their swap exchange from me. I also would have to have a major reason like being in the hospital or the alternative you listed. lol...
A few days late with things happening like weather or sickness etc. is no big deal to me. We all get to know the people too who always send theirs.

Lynnie, I am glad you got your stockings finished. I have had things like that happen too with someone saying be here on so and so, and then when I was they never appeared. I don't always understand, but they probably don't understand me either. lol....

I have made my mind up to start making things for Christmas for next year at the beginning of the year. Even like one thing per month put away in a box just for that sure would make it easier. lol... My daughter in law does do that. She said she tucks away things she comes across all year long that she thinks different family members might like, and she may catch it on sale, or gets a coupon off, etc. and then she has many things in advance. Someone where she goes to church is always selling Avon, and she always puts different products of that away for different ones too. She always keeps me in lotions, creams, etc. due to my dry skin. One year I was happy to receive a jar of Mary Kay Facial Cream for extremely dry skin from her, and I love that cream. It has the lightest ever scent that I love, and helps more than anything I have tried. I have got to find more of it, but I don't think they sell that exact one now.

Look forward to seeing more pics of anything. I wish I had my camera with me the other day, because me and my husband came home, and while in the driveway we seen a woodpecker fly into a tree in front of us, and it's colors were so beautiful.

My husband ran into a young guy the other day in the dollar store who drives back and forth from his school, and where many of us have had the experience of having a deer run into our car, he had a (wild boar) run into his. Well I guess you run into each other. I WOULD NOT want to collide with a wild boar. lol....
Old 12-18-2014, 12:01 PM

"folks on this quilting board (or perhaps it is just quilter's in general) are the most loving, giving and kind people I have ever met. (Even if it is virtual!) " (Patchesnposies)

Definitely a strong trait of quilters and this board's members.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:42 PM

I wish it was 42 here. It's now 30 and still spitting some snow. It just seems so cold. I'll be looking for the stockings pic. I had delivered some knitted mittens and hats for the Good Neighbors yesterday. I went to their new home and there was a note saying they were somewhere else. So I had to go there and finally delivered them. I did start early on making ornaments but it wasn't early enough. I made 25 and they are all gone and I didn't even have one for myself. I guess I'll have to start really early. I did make a doll hexie quilt from vintage Christmas fabric. I've been seeing a lot of dead deer on the side of the roads but I've never seen a boar. I don't think we have them here. I know we don't have any moose.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

we have deer, but boar, not up here in New York, at least the island. we have wood chucks, and big butt coons all over and a dead skunk or two every couple of weeks. they stink!

I have a drawer that I keep stuff in Susan. In my hall closet, I have bags hanging with stuff I've made. I made over 70 washcloths, down to about 10 now. I want one for every swap. I love the luxury of a nice cotton facecloth. and some of them are good for dishes too, but I think i'll stick with the face cloths, much more dense.
There is a project of the month that's good for Christmas gifts and stuffers.
Have a great night all, it's getting chilly about 33 now, no white stuff though.