Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st. >

December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st.

December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
I want everyone's opinion. For next month, do we do sets of a pc and nc like this month or just choose one or the other? Please let me know. I will be posting sign-ups on Wednesday morning.
I'm new to this swap, but will put my 2 cents in. Since postage will be about the same for one or both, I vote for doing both.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:39 PM

I'm thinking about putting both PC and NC in just one package....
Old 12-20-2014, 04:44 PM

Dwina a great job on both NC and PC love them both... If any comes to Panama City Fl will give you cuttings to root off my Cactus, Have a Apricot color and white in the same pot that is just starting to bloom, it's a wee bit later and is huge, when it booms will take pictures... I can handle a kitty too... Would love one myself...
Old 12-20-2014, 05:38 PM
Power Poster

Rosemary those are nice pics of all the pretty things.

Dwina you made a very nice set of pincushion and needle case for Pat, and that is a pretty card plus a very pretty kitty key chain. My daughter in law buys me some jewelry at times made by women groups like that, but another country that helps them make a living to support their children.

Karen it is fine with me to make a set for this next month.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:38 PM

lawsonmugs, Thanks for the tip on the jute, now I know how to use it. Jan glad you like your package and here is a pic for you[ATTACH=CONFIG]503195[/ATTACH]I vote for a pc and nc, I love to get a set.
Attached Thumbnails dscf2419.jpg  
Old 12-20-2014, 05:41 PM

I'm still waiting on my package and a PC and NC would be great for next month!
Old 12-20-2014, 05:50 PM
Power Poster

Jaba, nice package you sent Jan. Love the little ornament. I'm thinking of adding one per swap I send out this year. to bring a bit of holiday cheer all year long. anyone object to me doing thath?
Old 12-20-2014, 06:16 PM

I guess everyone likes the kitty. Pat I have a fish and used it as a key chain, some people use them for zipper pulls, but the keychain came off mine. I think I would use it for something else. I may pin mine to a pocketbook pocket or hang it around my plants or plant pot. Another friend of mine put her hummingbird on her bathroom mirror. You could use a small suction cup or a magnet and attach them to most anything. They make santa clause, angels, and star ornaments, lobsters, birds, cats, and many other items, as well as jewelry. It is amazing how they make them 3D. They are all made by hand.
It is true that it costs about the same to send both a nb and pc, but will we all have time to make both items? Or room for such a collection? My DH will be making me shelves for the pincushions and the needle books I will be using for a lot of my on the go projects. My quilting guild needed something to do, so I told them that I would plan seasonal mysteries for the year. The first one is a 6month wall hanging so I will have to do that, plus I want to finish a couple of ufo's, plus start a couple more quilts. I'm not sure how much I can squeeze in. We could do matching sets, say quarterly or twice a year, for special occasions, etc. I will try to do what the majority wants. I haven't been much help, I enjoy this swap the best and will try to do what I can to participate. I feel like we are all friends, and you are all a great bunch of ladies.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:31 PM

I like Dwina's idea. We will do sets for January, do singles for February and March, then do sets again for Easter in April. How does that sound?
Old 12-20-2014, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
I like Dwina's idea. We will do sets for January, do singles for February and March, then do sets again for Easter in April. How does that sound?
That sounds perfect to me!