Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st. >

December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st.

December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:59 PM

I say keep it the same each month, or you might just forget, and only send one...like I did....Lol. I do like holiday swaps, I also have to limit my collections .....
Old 12-20-2014, 11:01 PM

If you forget, just send a second package, it is all fun.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:04 AM
Power Poster

Karen I like the idea of both once in a while. So people don't forget, you can add reminders here and there. I also will be involved in other swaps, and things for my home with an early start on next years Christmas. Also want to be ahead on birthdays too. I did pretty good getting some things done, but still a bit hectic for me. When my energy runs out, it's like a car that suddenly runs out of gas and just quilts. Seriously, that is what my body does. lol.... That is why though this board means so much to me, and all of you great people.

Jan that is such a pretty set you received from Jaba. Just so pretty. Nice stocking too, and other goodies.

Lynnie your ornaments sound very nice.

I couldn't pick a favorite from all that came in this month, because they all are so pretty.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Power Poster

Jaba very nice. Pat thanks for the close up picture. I love the detail. I like the idea of a pin cush. needlebk every couple months for certain holidays. I usually sign up for one of each every month. I think if they go to the same person it might save a little money.Have a great sunday.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:03 PM

I was back out shopping again today. I didn't need anything but once you are in the stores everything looks good. I finally went to Home Goods. I won't go to the one in Akron but this one was 22 miles away and had a Michael's, Walmart, Big Lots, Kohl's. The first thing I saw was a box of 36 tin tartlets. I've been looking for them so I did buy them and now I forgot why I wanted them. It was 34 today and very cloudy. On Tuesday it's going to be 55. I hope that means no snow for Christmas. Karen I like your idea but I usually send out both. I haven't even thought about Jan yet, I still have a few presents to make. Jaba I love your Christmas colored PC and NC.
Lynnie that is so awful about the 2 NYPD officers killed yesterday. It's so bad out there. I'm sending prayers to their families.
Let's have a peaceful Christmas
Old 12-21-2014, 01:16 PM

Hey fellow quilters and sewers.... I bet many of you are very busy finishing those sewing projects for CHRISTAMS gifts... I know I am and I DO NOT want to be up til the wee hours on the 24th!!! LOL... Just a fun note to say happy 4th SUUNDAY in ADVENT and happy last minutes sewing!!! ENJOY the DAY. :-)
Old 12-21-2014, 02:35 PM

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you Jan and every quilter out there. May y'all get into bed early on Christmas Eve... unless you are up by choice... sitting before the fireplace (even if it is the one on TV)... sipping a hot cup of cocoa or some sweet eggnog... with someone you care about or... even enjoying quiet time by yourself... reflecting on the real meaning of Christmas!

How sad about the police officers who were killed and their families. There is definitely a lot to keep praying about in the world we live in.

Note on what to do for PC/NC swap. I'm willing to go with what ever you think is best. Karen, I like your/Dwina's idea of alternating it. I enjoy making tiny nc, so I can squeeze one those in now and again. If it is decided to do nc/pc every month a quilter could always sit out when necessary but follow the thread to see all the activity.

Last edited by SewExtremeSeams; 12-21-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:23 PM

Everyone, please say a prayer for all the families of the police officers that have been killed. We just had one here in Tarpon Springs this morning. He was only 45 yrs old with 5 kids. Such a shame just 4 days before Christmas.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:04 PM

No matter what holiday it is, seems like they bring out the ugly in some people. So sad, feel for the families that are left motherless or fatherless.
I don't care on the swaps, I usually sign up for 2 and send a set anyway. Depends next month as we are leaving and won't be back until February, but I do have Valentine one's done.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:38 PM
Power Poster

That is just so sad about the two NY officers Killed. Too much going on these days. Our country needs lots of prayer.