Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST >

December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST

December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST

Old 12-10-2012, 12:05 PM

KRYSTYNA, so glad to see you are back and sending Sandy a message. YOU go girl and rock it. Its so nice to see it when something as bad as Sandy tears peoples lives apart and those same people just pull up their boots and stick their tongues out at it and say you cant beat me. Its gives the rest of us a little perspective on out smaller isssues.

Now onto the good stuff, SP I am working on you package and hoping to be able to get something homemade done for you. I had to pack up alot of my sewing stuff and stash it out of the house in storage so we could get our tree up. Space is limited here so I am still trying to reorganize my resized space. Hoping to get it up tomorrow and sew something.
Now for another clue, you live somewhere that many people visit each year especially with their children. More clues to come later and hope you like your package once its done.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:03 PM

Default Package

I received my gift today from Inspectorcmm........Sharon. Some chocolate that I have been eating already, lotion, cream colored fabric, a template set that I am anxious to try and some great handmade items..........a tissue holder in red and yellow butterfly fabric, a mug rug too nice to use all handsewn with applique and beads ( I'll probably hang it on my Christmas tree), and the cutest potholder with a farm scene on one side and little pigs on the other. The patchwork pigs are the side I like best. All great work! She sure fulfilled my wish of handmade items!

Thanks so much Sharon, I love it all.......but like the piggies best!

Attached Thumbnails dec-sp-001.jpg  
Old 12-10-2012, 04:03 PM

Thank you SSnare for the December secret pal package. I really like it. I am unable to take pictures to post though.
She sent me a quiltermaker magazine, A Christmas table runner she made out of scraps which is totally awesome,a little sunflower fabric little bag which is just awesome and will work for my insulin and supplies when I have to take it with me...thank you so much for that. Ive been needing something like that. She sent me a notepad, 2 Crocheted Christmas Ornaments, a little needle case she made, a chicken pin cushion she made that is so cute, peices of childrens fabric and several shades of browns fabrics that I will use for my brown bargello quilt eventually. And a nice little note on a pretty butterfly card.
Thank you so much Sherry. Happy Holidays to you too.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:33 PM

Dear SP, I haven't forgotten about you. I got your name late Friday night and woke up to 2 feet of snow the next morning and, because DH was out buying Midget his very first firearm (and took the 4WD truck to do so) I will be shopping for you on Wednesday and hopefully mailing on Thursday.

I promise it will arrive before Christmas.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:10 PM

Received my SP package today from LindaR. It included several pieces of pretty Christmas material, M&M's, a magazine, lint remover sheets, flavored tea, scissors charm kit and several patterns. I look forward to using the patterns. There was also the neatest zippered bag made from printed selveges. Thank you very much as I really appreciate everything. Have a wonderful and safe holiday season everyone!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 PM

oh my goodness Jan!!! I love my box full of goodies, got it today and after a real bad day at work it was so great to come home to such a wonderful surprise!!! I love all the fabrics, the navy ones are so pretty and different they will go into something fo my bedroom. that room is navy and cream and I eally love the fabrics. The browns will go into my living room.
I really love the table runner it will go onto my table. OF course you sent me my two most favorite candies thank you so much ( my DH is out of town for the weekso I dont have to share turtles with him) LOL!!! always can use a rollercutter,nail files,have never used the bobbin wraps but am going to put these to good use.hand soap is at my kitchen sink.can always use post it notes. I like to read when hubby is out of town.counted cross stitching is my next love. Thank you sooooooo much you eally outdid yourself!!! I love it all!!!!! Pat
Old 12-10-2012, 07:56 PM

my wonderful box full of things came from Jaba, Thank you soooooooooo much!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:57 PM

Hubby picked me up from work and we had to go straight to his company Christmas party...so, I just got home and got an awesome package from Nancy in Louisiana!! What fantastic goodies she sent to me!! She sent me a wonderful Christmas card and note and a box full of so much fun stuff...there is a magnetic pin/needle holder with pins, 4 pieces of Christmas fabric, a pattern, some aloe fuzzy socks (love these!), an adorable snowman mug with a lid on the mug to keep the drink warm, a quilt angel pin, a very cute tree ornament, a reusable bag from Alaska, sewing labels, Christmas baking cups, a red and white bird pincushion and two different size snowman mug rugs to match my mug! Thank you so much for everything Nancy. Hugs and Merry Christmas!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]381528[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]381529[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]381530[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]381531[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 001-640x480-.jpg   002-640x480-.jpg   003-640x480-.jpg   004-640x480-.jpg  
Old 12-10-2012, 08:09 PM

Airwick156, I am glad you liked everything. Happy Holidays everyone.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:17 PM

Mailing out my package tomorrow and she lives in a state not too far from my state. Just took the time to look up her city and it's not a city at all, just a little town of about 4000 way east of me. And I thought she lived closer!
Those are my hints..........near my state and in a little town. And she likes chocolate and fabric.