Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Eager Beavers Chat and photos >

Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Old 04-27-2011, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie
yes, the postcards are still a go ahead :)
here's what i did with your signature fabric, it's nice isn't it?
"Oh, Thank You"! I was a little embarrassed after receiving all of the ones the Early Birds did .... but figured, "Oh well ... Live and Learn"! You did real good with just a piece of muslin, with a name on it. Thanx Again - Jacquie :lol: :thumbup:
Old 04-27-2011, 01:20 PM

Okay, I admit it......I mailed my view out today! I just couldn't wait any longer. It's been sitting there looking at me and waiting......
So Dayle, be on the lookout in about 2 to 3 days ( I sent it prioity, with confirmation ).
Old 04-27-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
Okay, I admit it......I mailed my view out today! I just couldn't wait any longer. It's been sitting there looking at me and waiting......
So Dayle, be on the lookout in about 2 to 3 days ( I sent it prioity, with confirmation ).
Okay ..... Be on the look-out for it. This will be "ROW #2 - THEME: Houses". Question: Just to give me a little mental start .... what do you want as background (fabric or color), or do you have a preferance? :?
Old 04-27-2011, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by RNUNU
Okay ..... Be on the look-out for it. This will be "ROW #2 - THEME: Houses". Question: Just to give me a little mental start .... what do you want as background (fabric or color), or do you have a preferance? :?
I am looking for more or less authentic colors. You know, ones you would actually seen on a house, or church, or whatever building you decide to build for me. Blue skies, green grass, etc.......
Old 04-27-2011, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by RNUNU

I am looking for my or less authentic colors. You know, ones you would actually seen on a house, or church, or whatever building you decide to build for me. Blue skies, green grass, etc.......
"OKIE - DOKIE" .... this gives me some thinking material to work on. :roll:
Old 04-28-2011, 09:14 AM

wow!! the row's are starting to move!!
i will be shopping for postcards on tuesday, and mailing the same day!
how exciting is this!!!
i had a little chuckle thinking about my row, when i read 'authentic' for joan's row... mine really cannot be called 'authentic'!! lol...
'different' maybe lol... 'unusual'? mmm
i like different and unusual lol...
Old 04-28-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie
wow!! the row's are starting to move!!
i will be shopping for postcards on tuesday, and mailing the same day!
how exciting is this!!!
i had a little chuckle thinking about my row, when i read 'authentic' for joan's row... mine really cannot be called 'authentic'!! lol...
'different' maybe lol... 'unusual'? mmm
i like different and unusual lol...
I almost wish I had done the same as you did Jacquie, just pick a color theme. What I'm doing has, and is taking an enormous amount of 'time' ..... also I'm my own worst enemy, when it comes to art work, I want it to look as it does in 'real life' or very close to it.

:roll: :roll: :x
Old 04-28-2011, 05:32 PM

Jacquie, it may not be able to be described as "authentic" colors, but it's beautiful! I think you are going to have a wonderful, unique quilt you can be proud of.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:06 PM

Yesterday felt so good .... got up to 60 degrees, just like "Spring had Sprung". Got up this morning 32 degrees "Cold - Wind Blowing Gale Force - Snowing - Freezing Cold" .... and Summer is just around the corner!!!

At any rate Joan's - "Window View" arrived today .... it was just what I needed, a cherry uplifting with a beautiful display of birds, flowers, etc. .... even though the wind up-rooted the mail box post (holds 4 boxes) and deposited the mail boxes on the neighbors lawn. Trying to to put finishing touches on my "Window View" .... so I can get it into the mail to Betty.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:45 PM

OOK, so according to my calendar, I have to be ready tomorrow. Great, just got DH home from 3 day stay in hospital, having gallbladder removed.Everything went on hold. Hospital 60 kms from home. Back to the sewing room for me, to finish 2 more blocks, sew them all together, and the hand sewing
I can finish when it returns.
Oh, also have to nake siggy block, and do something about getting some postcards. Busy days ahead!!