Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Eager Beavers Chat and photos >

Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Old 08-20-2011, 09:14 AM

Slower than I thought, but I hope to be able to mail it Tuesday.

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
So,how is it coming now patti? I'm not trying to rush you, just curious about it.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:16 AM

Please don't hurry. I really just wanted to know if you were able to come up with a plan you were happy with.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:21 AM

Hello Girls --

We've been here at Herman's cousin's house ... in Lakeville, MI. Their home is located on a hill and terraced down 3-4 levels down to the boating docks on a small lake (their Backyard) called Lakeville Lake. Very-very beautiful, so peaceful and relaxing sitting on the deck,, surrounded by trees. This has been truly a very beautiful and rewarding trip for Herman, visiting with cousins - cousin's children - more cousins-of-cousins .... getting filled in on all the immigration stories, papers and documents from his parents, aunts and uncles who all immigrated to the USA, way back to the very early 1900's. Will post some pictures when we get home. Leaving here on Tuesday - Aug. 23rd .... going to Frankenmuth, MI ..... and then to visit the "Sleeping Bear Dunes" National Park in Michigan (which was just named the Best National Park to visit in the country, on Good Morning America - TV this week). Then we will start making our way homeward towards Twin Falls, ID.

Patti: Your "Dog and Cat" Row is going to be really cute ..... everyone here is amazed how cute it is looking. Will have just a "teeny" bit of icing to put on it, when I get home and will post a picture or two of it,, so everyone can take a peek.

(((HUGS))) - Dayle & Herman :) :wink:
Old 08-20-2011, 11:38 AM

I knew I could count on you. Those little critters will be well traveled. Be sure the bears dont get them when you visit the National Park. Look forward to seeing the pictures when you have a chance to finish them when you get home.
Originally Posted by RNUNU
Hello Girls --

We've been here at Herman's cousin's house ... in Lakeville, MI. Their home is located on a hill and terraced down 3-4 levels down to the boating docks on a small lake (their Backyard) called Lakeville Lake. Very-very beautiful, so peaceful and relaxing sitting on the deck,, surrounded by trees. This has been truly a very beautiful and rewarding trip for Herman, visiting with cousins - cousin's children - more cousins-of-cousins .... getting filled in on all the immigration stories, papers and documents from his parents, aunts and uncles who all immigrated to the USA, way back to the very early 1900's. Will post some pictures when we get home. Leaving here on Tuesday - Aug. 23rd .... going to Frankenmuth, MI ..... and then to visit the "Sleeping Bear Dunes" National Park in Michigan (which was just named the Best National Park to visit in the country, on Good Morning America - TV this week). Then we will start making our way homeward towards Twin Falls, ID.

Patti: Your "Dog and Cat" Row is going to be really cute ..... everyone here is amazed how cute it is looking. Will have just a "teeny" bit of icing to put on it, when I get home and will post a picture or two of it,, so everyone can take a peek.

(((HUGS))) - Dayle & Herman :) :wink:
Old 08-20-2011, 12:15 PM

Sounds like you and Herman are having a wonderful trip. Enjoy every minute of it and I can't wait to see your pictures.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:01 AM

wow dayle, what a lovely time you two are having, (love to herman!!) i new i should have come over and sneaked into your suit case!!
i'll bet you've had a wonderful time catching up! all those great stories to share of ancestors gone by... i LOVE that sort of thing!!! i watch tv programmes too along those lines... (BBC- 'who do you think you are...' our celebs tracing their ancestors back. really interesting!!)
glad you're still getting chance to catch up on some 'me time' with your hand sewing. take care you two, and safe travelling!!
love jacquie xxxx

ps everyone, col is now at sea until beginning of december... ho hum... i see lots of sewing and long walks with the dogs coming my way! bring on autumn!! i just love those autumn walks!!
i'm off for sunday roast lunch with my father in law & brother in law. should be nice... roast lamb dinner is calling me!!
love to all! happy sunday!!
Old 08-21-2011, 03:39 AM

I'm off to my son's today...it's my birthday! Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:27 AM

Roast Lamb, sounds wonderful. how nice you get to share time with them while Col is away.....enjoy your lunch

Originally Posted by jacquie
wow dayle, what a lovely time you two are having, (love to herman!!) i new i should have come over and sneaked into your suit case!!
i'll bet you've had a wonderful time catching up! all those great stories to share of ancestors gone by... i LOVE that sort of thing!!! i watch tv programmes too along those lines... (BBC- 'who do you think you are...' our celebs tracing their ancestors back. really interesting!!)
glad you're still getting chance to catch up on some 'me time' with your hand sewing. take care you two, and safe travelling!!
love jacquie xxxx

ps everyone, col is now at sea until beginning of december... ho hum... i see lots of sewing and long walks with the dogs coming my way! bring on autumn!! i just love those autumn walks!!
i'm off for sunday roast lunch with my father in law & brother in law. should be nice... roast lamb dinner is calling me!!
love to all! happy sunday!!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:28 AM

Happy BIrthday to you, Happy BIrthday to you, Happy BIrthday dear Joan, Happy BIrthday to you. Hope your day is wonderful. Many more to come your way.

I'm off to my son's today...it's my birthday! Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
Happy BIrthday to you, Happy BIrthday to you, Happy BIrthday dear Joan, Happy BIrthday to you. Hope your day is wonderful. Many more to come your way.

Thank you! It has been a wonderful day.