Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Eager Beavers Chat and photos >

Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Old 09-30-2011, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
Oh no, I hope this is not contagious.............

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
Having done a similar thing myself.....I vote for crazy!! LOL
I think it is if you hang around the board too long. You better be careful, you could be next!!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:20 AM

I think I am starting to feel a bit.......anxious, maybe I should go to the home page and sign up for a few more swaps, I certainly dont want to be left behind.....or I mean left to be known as an under-achiever! Huummmmm, let me think, which ones should I sign up for......table runners, miniature quilts, doll swap, just to think of a few. Wonder if there is a Turkey Trot, Fall Leaves, Ho Ho Ho Green Giant....oopppssss I mean Merry Christmas Banner ???????????

Oh no, I hope this is not contagious.............

Having done a similar thing myself.....I vote for crazy!! LOL
I think it is if you hang around the board too long. You better be careful, you could be next!!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:36 AM

ohh, no... i think the craziness has got a old of you unknowingly!! :-D
no hope for you now! it's reeling you in patti!! :?

the 60 block swaps i'm part of on on my other forum...
20 for lodge/cabin northwoods block swap
20 for christmas block swap
and 20 for winter vacation block swap.

i have one lot done and are over in the usa, my next 20 are due end of this month, they are half done, and the last 20 are due end of next month.

great swaps!! and very very cute blocks!! i can't wait to see them back and see all the different blocks in person!!!

next year i don't think i'll be doing any other swaps, as i WILL BE FINISHING putting together this magnitude of wonderful blocks into something that resembles quilts (!), and completing them!! amongst some of my other half finished projects.

i will be able to spoil myself and have a different quilt on my bed each month!! lol... no joke!!
Old 10-01-2011, 06:17 AM

That's what I keep saying too, Jacquie...Next year I won't sign up for so many things, but then, I seem to anyway. I have so many quilts waiting to be finished right now and can't seem to get to them because of all the new, fun things!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:27 PM

i guess we're quite alike there... i don't want to 'miss out' on something either, and just love to take part in another new style or new technique.

i enjoy making the blocks but aren't so great in the 'machine quilting' part.
i really HATE struggling with the quilt under the machine, (it's like wrestling with a bear!!) and dream of the day i'm lucky enough to own a 'long arm'!

i also seem to have the occasional problems with looping on the underside of the quilt, so i'm easily put off completing my quilts. any tips would be gratefully welcomed!!! it's also a wrench on the shoulders and hands i find!! blooming hard work in general!!!
i do enjoy hand quilting but get frustrated at the slowness of the process. i'm a bit of a pain really!!! lol...
Old 10-01-2011, 03:40 PM

Has anyone made the mini doll quilts? Somehow I got signed up for a swap.....imagine that! Size is anything from 12" X 12" to 24" X 24".....guess I'll go online and search for patterns......be back later. If you have any links to free patterns, let me know please.....I was thinking of doing one of the Affairs of the heart applique blocks and adding borders, do you think that would be ok?
Old 10-01-2011, 04:48 PM

Has anyone made the mini doll quilts? Somehow I got signed up for a swap.....imagine that! Size is anything from 12" X 12" to 24" X 24".....guess I'll go online and search for patterns......be back later. If you have any links to free patterns, let me know please.....I was thinking of doing one of the Affairs of the heart applique blocks and adding borders, do you think that would be ok?
All you have to do is find a pattern you like ( an easy one would be best for your first time ) and make the blocks smaller. 3 or 4 inch blocks are not hard to make.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:55 PM

That sounds like a much better idea than my postage stamp ( 1.5" squares).....Phewwwww

All you have to do is find a pattern you like ( an easy one would be best for your first time ) and make the blocks smaller. 3 or 4 inch blocks are not hard to make.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:02 AM

i like the idea of a AOTH, you could reduce the size slightly on the copier...
or go on quilter cache and look up the smaller sized blocks...
Old 10-02-2011, 10:59 AM

Well I was thinking of doing the AOTH the actual size which would give me the 6.5" center, then if I added the Inner (1.5"), middle (.75"), and outer (2.5") borders with either medalions or mitered corners I would have a 14" square size and it would be more of a "One of a kind" quilt for my partner. She said she is crazy about polka dots so I think I will use the dots for the backing

Originally Posted by jacquie
i like the idea of a AOTH, you could reduce the size slightly on the copier...
or go on quilter cache and look up the smaller sized blocks...