Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5 >

The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5

The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5

Old 02-14-2011, 07:47 PM

Hi everyone it's been too long since someone has spoken on here!!!!!!!! Everyone must be dancing in the streets with all this nice weather?? Happy Valentines Day to everyone. I have just the most wonderful Husband. He gave me the most beautiful card, candy and took me out to dinner. I had filet (steak), wine, dessert the whole works. What did everyone else do?

Joyce I sent along Gramakitten's center to you as you requested so you could ponder a while............ It went out today so let me know when you get it o.k.?

Emily and I signed up for the New Year swap and guess what????? We are partners!! small world... Can't seperate a good team when you see one. lol

I'm so looking forward to my February vacation week which starts on the 21st, I intend on quilting my little fanny off! Well maybe it's a big fanny? lol :) OK the wines gotten to me! really I have a lot of projects I want to start. Winter is such a long season....... What's up with everyone else..............
Old 02-14-2011, 08:08 PM

Wow, Andrea, you got the whole works! Lucky you! Valentine's Day is not a holiday we usually celebrate. I get fresh flowers all year long as I want them; don't need the candy; and everyday there's an "I love you" or two. Today, I'm in Arkansas visiting our youngest daughter and granddaughter. Our older daughter flew in from FL to be here also. My husband is home alone with the cat and when I come in on Wed., he'll be in Colorado. This is how our Valentine's Day is every year - somehow or another we're in different places so we gave up on singling it out each year. I always tease him that we've been married 38 years and we've only been home together for 15 of it - absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Thanks Andrea for sending along grammakitten's center - I have some ideas from the picture of it, but need to see the true colors and scale of the whole piece in person to see if one of them will work.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:14 PM

38 years quite an accomplishment! I'm glad you get to visit with your children and grandchildren. Your right you don't need just one day to know that your other half loves you. Enjoy your time with your family. Safe trip back!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:02 PM

I had a good Valentines day.I cooked dinner.Here in the Pacific Northwest it is dungenous crab season so I picked up a couple crabs and shrimp,scalloped potatoes,corn on the cob,fresh bread,chocolate eclairs a nice Merlot wine from the valley I live in and we had dinner at home.I bought Tom flowers( 2 rose bushes) and a card. He had planned on taking me out to dinner but I really did not want to fool with crowds.I sent Emilys center out last week and have been working on my daughters bargello.I finished a maple leaf quilt using batiks last week and Tom loves it.I have been doing the BOM houses but the one for this month has me stumped.I am trying to clear out all UFO's over the next couple months or at least that is my goal before I start any thing else.I wish I had time off this month I would get the heck out of here.We are in the rainy season and it starts in November and goes thru April.We see very little sun and that gets old.It is gray here. So that is what I have been up to.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:58 PM

sounds like you had a wonderful evening!! I love stay at home quite dinners for two!! Romantic.......... Sounds like you have been a very busy gal. I am also working on my ufo's. I am dreaming of all the things I want to make over the Feb vacation and the summer. Let the sun shine in, let the sun shine in... The suuuuuunnnn shshshineeeee innnnnnnn.
Don't you love my singing???
Old 02-15-2011, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by abonda
sounds like you had a wonderful evening!! I love stay at home quite dinners for two!! Romantic.......... Sounds like you have been a very busy gal. I am also working on my ufo's. I am dreaming of all the things I want to make over the Feb vacation and the summer. Let the sun shine in, let the sun shine in... The suuuuuunnnn shshshineeeee innnnnnnn.
Don't you love my singing???
I went and saw Hair on New Years and that was the song they sang when they were all naked on stage,are you naked?
Old 02-16-2011, 05:48 AM

Wouldn't you like to know!! I don't think I have seen myself naked in 10 years!! You know when you hit that stage your toooo old......................... to even care. lol :)
Old 02-16-2011, 08:17 AM

My, my! The conversations I have missed! :roll: & I'm out the door in 5 to do preschool pick-up. So I'll be back in a few to fill y'all in on what I've been up to. (& I'll bet you guess! :lol: )

later...
Old 02-16-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by montanablu
My, my! The conversations I have missed! :roll: & I'm out the door in 5 to do preschool pick-up. So I'll be back in a few to fill y'all in on what I've been up to. (& I'll bet you guess! :lol: )

later...
Oh goody!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:01 PM

I'm waiting for your story Cindy????