Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5 >

The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5

The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5

Old 02-17-2011, 06:39 PM

Post pictures of your bargello! I've made one and I loved it :) Gave it to my mom. Still isn't quite done though. I'm about to start working on the centers I have.. Appliqué, here I come!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:06 PM

:oops: :( Sorry ladies that I'm a little late w/my update ---- pending circumstances, believe me!
I think you all know I have in-home daycare. My kids are all part-time, & only overlap a day or three a week. Two families have regular schedules (ages 10 mo & 2; 1yr,5 & 6yrs), one family is ALL over the place w/their schedule (3 & 7), & I'm backup for 2 other families (almost 2; 15 mo & 3). I provide school drop-off & pick up for the 5,6 & 7 yr olds, (plus for my own grandsons occasionally:) Most of the time it works smoothly & I have enough carseats/seatbelts for everyone! :lol: :lol: :thumbup: BUT, occasionally it doesn't & my dear sweet mother comes over to sit w/a few so I can do the running. :thumbup: :!: My DH also has rotating days off, so when I'm lucky he is here as well, which helps! Funny, but the way it helps the most is that he sees first hand how hard I work & understands why I'm pooped at the end of a day! ;-) :!: Lord knows there were plenty of days when our own were little that I'd have loved it if he were a fly on the wall...to see what REALLY happens while he's at work! :lol:
Anyway...these past two weeks the 10 mo old & the 1yr old have both been teething, the 5 yr old has a sinus infection & yesterday the 1 yr old came down w/a royal cold - complete w/cough to the point of...you know what comes next :!:
I just now got online after a day like no other, w/5 kids allday (including 3 sick/teething ones), an art show (DGS was chosen for a special county wide exhibit at our local art league - Yea! Jacob :!: :thumbup: :thumbup: ) , & a 2hr praise team practice at church. I don't know if I'm too tired to function or too wired to sleep!
Our two DGSs (7 & 8) spent the night Wed - which meant 2 more for drop off/pick up :!: :roll: & the next day after school while Dad worked & Mom was at the hospital w/her mom while her step-father had surgery. A 16 hr one that started 4 hrs late. Our DGSs play very well w/the 5 & 6 yr olds, but they are all boys --- & my house is like a playground at recess...w/the kids on testosterone-laced fruit snacks!

I'm doing the Boomerang Swap 4.0 & 4 other swaps w/another forum, so have tried to sew in the evenings to get done - but have to admit not much sewing has happened this week! I'm so glad I'm ahead on the RR!! That turned out to be a blessing in disguise, for sure :!: :thumbup:
Tomorrow I have 0 kids! But I'm taking the van in - it's making a nasty clunk-ing sound in the rear (please pray it's something that's still under warranty!) & volunteer at the elementary where the DGSs go, in the afternoon.

I love the QB & the other forum I'm on -- but lately I've only read posts & offered a little line here & there. Just no time to do more. I tell myself 'tomorrow', but then 4 days later I realize tomorrow passed a few days ago! :roll: :?
Sorry I rambled...that's what happens when I finally get some time! :roll: I won't ramble again for a long time, I'm sure I bent everyones' ear plenty long enough :!: ;-)
Hope everyone has a great weekend! Mine has officially begun! -as of NOW! :thumbup:
~Cindykg
Old 02-17-2011, 08:37 PM

All I can say Cindy is Bless Your Heart!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:14 AM

Cindy,daycare is an important part of life for young folks these days. They are so lucky to have a caring grandmother image like you.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:03 AM

It sounds to me like your an Angel in disguise!!! What a special person you are! It must keep you very young.......
I'm exhausted just listening........ Enjoy your day off and let calgon take you away...............:)
Old 02-18-2011, 07:05 AM

Emily good luck with the applique.... I'm sure you will make things look beautiful...... Show us if you can......

I'm almost done with your doll quilt..... I can hardly wait to see if you like it....
Old 02-18-2011, 07:06 AM

cjoyce did you get Kathy's center yet in the mail???? I know you said you were going to be gone a couple of days. Just wanted to make sure it got there safe and sound
Old 02-21-2011, 06:24 AM

Just to let everyone know I have Emily's feathered center block. Will look at it tonight when I get home. a months worth of STUFF on my desk. Kathi/Gramakitten

I also came home to 8 inches of drifting snow. yeah
Old 02-21-2011, 06:35 AM

glad your back safe. Thanks for letting us know. I hope cJoyce received yours I sent it about 5day ago. She hasn't told me yet if she got it.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:56 AM

Oh, I forgot to tell you Andrea. I did get Kathi's center. I have it hanging over the back of a chair in my sewing area so I can wait for it to shout out what it wants next. So far it tells me what colors to use, but not how to configure them. There's time - it'll speak soon, I'm sure.

On a personal note, I'm waiting for a call back from our son that our new grandson has arrived. Last call was they were on the way to the hospital - he's breech and efforts over the last week to turn him have failed - strong willed just like his daddy.