Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall 2016 I Spy Swap

Fall 2016 I Spy Swap

Fall 2016 I Spy Swap
    Who's up for swapping I Spy squares again? It's time.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take your time cutting and be sure you have correct 5" squares. I will be taking squares out of their bags, to check the cuts if they look off. In one of our swaps I unfortunately had to return bundles of squares that were cut too small or not fussy cut. This time, your name will be on every one of your bags and if your squares are found to be cut wrong, they will not be swapped out and will be returned to you. Please take the time to cut well and check your squares before you put them in those bags. Le'ts have all good squares this time.

CUTTING/PACKAGING METHOD:
    We will be sending 10 DIFFERENT fabrics in each bag we swap. All your bags can have the same mixture in them, or different, but you cannot repeat fabrics in any one bag. We will be swapping bag for bag, so there must be 10 different fabrics in each bag. Please put your board name and state on every bag you are swapping. For instance, "rbwiese TN" for mine...

You may swap either 8 bags or 16 bags. You will get 8 - 5" squares in one width of fabric, PROVIDING your print does not require fussy cutting. If it does, you may get less cuts out your yardage. PLEASE FUSSY CUT if your print requires it. Send the kind of nice squares you hope to receive. Choose to make and swap either 8 or 16 bags.

MAILING DATE: Mail by November 15th

THE USUAL 'STUFF':
    1. Send what you would like to receive, quality-wise. Send only 100% cotton quilting fabric. Please do not send thin or loosely woven fabrics. If it has to be starched to be acceptable, it's probably not a good fabric for this swap.

2. Try and find new prints you have not sent before or seen in the swap, if at all possible. We all like new stuff! Please select prints that would be acceptable in a child's quilt. No flowers, lines, stars, geometrics, batiks. We need recognizable objects. If I find unusable fabrics in your baggies, I will return all to you unswapped.

3. THEN, pm me (rbwiese) and tell me you want to join and how many bags you intend to swap. I need your real name and address. I will respond to you with my mailing address for you to mail your swaps to me.

4. Put all your swap baggies in one big ziplock with your name and mailing address, as well as your board name. That will keep them together in your package and if it happens to get torn open in shipment, and your address will be there for the P.O. to return to you. Speaking of "torn open"... those paper flat rate envelopes are the pits. They tear so easily, especially with lumpy contents in them. Do yourself a favor and use something better-- like the Tyvek envelopes or padded flat rate envelopes. You have to order the latter from the post office online, in packages of 10, but they are free. If you do it NOW, you will have your envelopes in time to mail. If you do use the paper flat rate envelope, please securely add additional tape around the envelope.

5. Postage: I will be shipping in the USPS padded flat rate envelopes. Please send a return address label. It now costs $6.80 for the padded flat rate envelope. Please send cash Or stamps. Hide it among the baggies or in a Baggie of its own. Just let me know where to look for it. Thanks

Remember to send in what you would like to receive back.
    Letís have tons of fun, and of course you have to follow all the basic QB swap rules, found here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

TO SIGN UP, send me a pm with your name, address, and how many sets you want to swap (8 or 16). Then get cutting!
    One day, when I am frayed and strained and drizzle at the end, please someone cut a square and put me in a quilt that I might keep a child comforted.

Winter I Spy Swap

I'm in! Sending my PM, I'll do 16 bags
    If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough!

Yay-I'm so excited-it is that time again!I will do 16-will see if my Mom wants to be in again for 16!

I'm in for 8 for sure. I will do 16 if I can find enough fabric. If doing 16, do they have to be different than the first 8?

Good start! Ready for swapping time.

Found a new quilt idea for those leftover blocks - when you don't have enough for a full I Spy quilt.

They are called Happy Blocks.
    http://www.maryquilts.com/happy-bloc...-heartstrings/

I would add, sort your I Spy blocks into 2 stacks - particularly if there are directional prints (have a distinct top: i.e. a person) and alternate where the long sides are - some across the top and some along the sides. That way there are no seams to match up on each block. Makes construction much easier.

Here is a twisted version - http://www.maryquilts.com/wp-content...ocks-quilt.pdf
    One day, when I am frayed and strained and drizzle at the end, please someone cut a square and put me in a quilt that I might keep a child comforted.

Winter I Spy Swap

All my blocks have been cut for a couple weeks! I'll sort them and send them out next week when I can get to the post office.

I have one block I'm worried people might think is too thin. I'll put 11 blocks in that set, and people can let me know if it is ok or not. Since its my first swap, I don't want to disappoint. I would use it, but not sure others would. And, if it is "acceptable", who doesn't like an extra block?!

Blog Entries
    I am in. I love this.
    Never put off what you can do today, because tomorrow may never come.

Blog Entries
    rbweise,

This is a wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing.

Blog Entries
    I'm in! I will send a PM to Rbweise on my next break.

I'm in! PM sent. I cut my squares a few weeks ago, knowing I'd be pressed for time once my craft fairs start. My first one is today. Hope I sell bunches! If you happen to live near downtown Chickamauga, GA, come on out to the Pumpkin Festival!

We have a good group going so far!

Rbwiese – 16 bags
    Sleepy Hollow – 16 bags
    Jannie – 8 bags
    Bullock2us – 16 bags
    Irene C. – 16 bags
    Clmay – 16 bags
    Moonrise – 16 bags
    Quiltingdragon – 16 bags

Good luck on your craft fair, moonrise!

Winter I Spy Swap

My mom will do 16 also bonniekeller81

Blog Entries
    I'm in for 16 bags.....Jane Quilter

Good list going!

Rbwiese – 16 bags
    Sleepy Hollow – 16 bags
    Jannie – 8 bags
    Bullock2us – 16 bags
    Irene C. – 16 bags
    Clmay – 16 bags
    Moonrise – 16 bags
    Quiltingdragon – 16 bags
    Mmonohon – 16 bags
    Jane Quilter – 16 bags
    bonniekeller81 – 16 bags

Spread the word among your friends!

Winter I Spy Swap

I failed to mention in the last post - glad to see returning swappers and welcome to our two new swappers. We received some great fabric last time, looking forward to this swap to see what new ones come in.

Rena

Winter I Spy Swap

I missed your question Jannie - it would be nice if they were different fabric - that way people do not get duplicates. Some do not mind duplicates and if we get at least 16 swappers that won't happen.

Winter I Spy Swap

Mailing this morning. Assuming the post office is running on time, it should be there tomorrow since you're just a few miles from here.

I've got 3 different/unique sets, marked A, B, and C, to help avoid any duplicates in case there aren't enough swappers (but hopefully there will be).

Quote Originally Posted by rbwiese View Post
    ... Good luck on your craft fair, moonrise!
    Thanks! I sold about twice as much as I was expecting. Woo hoo!

Will be looking for your package - and great about your fair!

Winter I Spy Swap

Oh, all right...I'm in again! Yeah!! I'll do 16 bags.

Blog Entries
    Mine are ready to tomorrow!!!

Blog Entries
    I am up near Canada. I found a Quilting shop and purchased some new fabric. Surprise, surprise, I hope everyone likes them!!!

I'll be mailing my package tomorrow

If you get my "set 2" bags... There is an elephant square that is a little thinner than others. I wasn't sure if it would still be considered ok, so I put 11 squares in those bags, with the elephant as an extra. I'd appreciate feedback so I know for next time! (I already have all my squares + more cut out for the next swap, lol.)

My package should be there Saturday

Great - new fabrics, more swappers!

Rbwiese – 16 bags
    Sleepy Hollow – 16 bags
    Jannie – 8 bags
    Bullock2us – 16 bags
    Irene C. – 16 bags
    Clmay – 16 bags
    Moonrise – 16 bags - Received
    Quiltingdragon – 16 bags
    Mmonohon – 16 bags
    Jane Quilter – 16 bags - Received
    bonniekeller81 – 16 bags
    pinkkflowers - 16 bags

Winter I Spy Swap

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast