Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
"A Fall Fantasy"   Funky Swap... >

"A Fall Fantasy" Funky Swap...

"A Fall Fantasy" Funky Swap...

Old 08-10-2012, 12:13 PM

Would I put you in a hot room? It's air conditioned and in the winter has a pellet stove. I have the whole basement I turned into quilting cave, why not no one else used it. Don't know who the speaker is, will try to find out. Don't know why my type changed either, oh well. Just got home from Cody my step mother just got out of the hospital from knee surgery and my Dad is doing the cooking. Took them over meals for 3 days, geez I was up at 5:30 this morning baking a turkey. Left overs for us tonight.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:49 PM

Yum, on the turkey. Think i should have DH smoke one. That would be great and then freeze some for meals later. There is an idea. Wow, I get the whole basement to enjoy. Could do some funky dancing to go with the funky blocks. That can be handled.

How is your dad doing cooking if you took them meals? Your step mom will be up in no time because dad is doing cooking right? take care
Old 08-13-2012, 03:54 PM

So Red, DH is heading down to Reno for a work thing again, will check which hotel he is staying at, will need ride. I am going to check how much a flight is. Are you going to be around the middle of September? I have to ask for time off from work as well. Just throwing that out there. I know, middle of September is the quilt show and deadline for chicken blocks, but a day of quilting..... Oh, yeah, a few days.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

Yes I sure am going to be around quiltermomma. I wouldn't miss the quilt show for anything! It is in a new place this year, so I am not as aquainted with the building. But, if you are going to be here for that, we could have a lot of fun. Just let me know the dates, where you will be staying ect. OK?

Red
Old 08-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

Here is the info on the show... It looks as though it is nearer to the begining of the month.

Truckee Meadows Quilters Proudly Presents

2012 QUILT SHOW

Come Fly With Us

Saturday, September 8th 9:00-5:00

Sunday, September 9th 9:00-4:00

At the

New Location

Grand Sierra Resort in the Nevada Room

Admission: Adults: $8 2-Day Pass $14

Free Parking
Old 08-22-2012, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

rwquilts your beautiful blocks are here!!! Love them.
Thank you so very very much for my dayminder calendar and the little wallet. How sweet of you!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:50 AM

Well Red, with it costing me $380 for a ticket, don't think i will be down there and it would be the 17th of Sept so will miss the show anyway. Oh darn, but maybe next time I can save up the money and be there. Had to buy four new tires which set us behind a bit along with the car insurance premium due.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

Which washington are we talking about? The neighboring state? Really that much? Wow... That is crazy! I am so sorry that you could not make it. But, keep me in mind for when your ship comes in, ok?
Old 08-23-2012, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
rwquilts your beautiful blocks are here!!! Love them.
Thank you so very very much for my dayminder calendar and the little wallet. How sweet of you!
You're welcome! Glad they made it safely to your home and that you like them...can't wait to see what I get back.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:26 AM

Yes, Washington State. It is way to far for me to drive, if I was driving, I would have to drive to Jaba's then because she is close to home in Billings. Family is going to Big Timber next weekend, sure they will stop at the quilt shop there for me to get me some Montana type fabric which I always love, DH generally gets better stuff than I do so I like when he shops, he spends more. They have to close up the cabin on the Boulder River. I have to work and tend garden and keep dog safe. yep, lots of quilting for me with other daughter who is trying to finish a quilt for the Wyoming quilt show which is due. She is doing a Charlotes Web and is nearly done with the top already. she is a dutiful girl and she only started it two weeks ago, tends college full time, and work full time. yep, she is busy but keeps her out of trouble. Well enough hogging the thread here. Glad my fall blocks are done and in.