Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fall Gift Box Exchange - Signup Closed >

Fall Gift Box Exchange - Signup Closed

Fall Gift Box Exchange - Signup Closed

Old 10-09-2009, 02:36 PM

Odessa's favorite chocolate is a sea salt bacon and dark chocolate bar. I couldn't find any around here so I looked for recipes. I found a bacon chocolate chip cookie recipe and tried it. They are actually very delicious. I'll post a link. Its actually just the tollhouse recipe and you add crumbled bacon.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Maple-B...es/Detail.aspx
Old 10-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Originally Posted by kluedesigns
what beautiful fabric and gifts.

i just love the eyeballs.
Klue should I go find you some eyeballs?? lol don't want you to be disappointed
talk about watching what you eat.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Banned

thanks for the cookie recipe, i'll be making a batch for DH this christmas
Old 10-09-2009, 05:45 PM

Yes Thanx for that link I am sure there are several guys on my list that would love those!!!

My uncle once joked that if they made bacon perfume he would be all over his wife all the time!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-10-2009, 06:06 AM

What a wonderful cookie recipe!! :D Thanks for the link!
Old 10-10-2009, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by collettakay
Odessa's favorite chocolate is a sea salt bacon and dark chocolate bar. I couldn't find any around here so I looked for recipes. I found a bacon chocolate chip cookie recipe and tried it. They are actually very delicious. I'll post a link. Its actually just the tollhouse recipe and you add crumbled bacon.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Maple-B...es/Detail.aspx
We have a lovely store in Bay City called "The Sweet Boutique" that specializes in specialty candies, primarily chocolates. They have amazing bars of dark chocolate with bacon and sea salt in them, and they are to die for. Colletta and I have been pm'ing each other and this was mentioned as one of my favorites (which it is). The cookies she made me are a lovely substitution ... DH likes them, too! :lol:

I shopped there for the chocolates in Colletta's box. The eyeballs are truffles and they had plenty more designs also, but I thought it would be neat to "see" what she is quilting! :lol:

I also purchased two OVERSIZED chocolate cups ... one like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and the other based on the flavors of a Take 5 bar. I have also purchased wine jellies at this shop and other "artsy" chocolates (painted shells, piped shells, etc.), so it really fills a niche. We also have 2 other candy stores in town: St. Laurent Brothers (a/k/a "The Nut House" because they have a lot of different kinds of nuts and chocolate-covered nuts, etc.), and another little shop down the street from where I work that seems to specialize in penny candies and jars of stuff you can select like in the old-fashioned drug stores. We may be a chilly place, but you can put on the pounds buying candies to keep yourself warm in the cold months!

So glad you are all liking the diversity in our boxes. It's really neat to see what everyone is getting. [Colletta, DH found a spot in our small bathroom for the framed leaf ... it's just perfect there!]

Odessa
Old 10-10-2009, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
So glad you are all liking the diversity in our boxes. It's really neat to see what everyone is getting. [Colletta, DH found a spot in our small bathroom for the framed leaf ... it's just perfect there!

Odessa
That's so neat! Now everytime you go to the bathroom, you'll think of me!!! lol :lol:
Old 10-10-2009, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by STAR
I GOT MINE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanx eparys!!! I love it all, but did you send me the needle as a present or are you missing one??? :wink: not sure if we were posting pics but I am!!
Star I had so much fun shopping for you - glad you liked it!!

8) 8)
Old 10-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Power Poster

I got mine too from catlady. Hopefully she will get hers tomorrow (since the PO is closed today).

Thanks Barb, I LOVE it!!

Attached Thumbnails attachment-5347.jpe  
Old 10-12-2009, 09:40 AM

suzic46 I just sent your box UPS a couple of minutes ago. You should see it Friday. Hopefully.