Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February 2014 pincushion & needle case swap >

February 2014 pincushion & needle case swap

February 2014 pincushion & needle case swap

Old 02-09-2014, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
nhnative----love your little figgy pudding also
Is that what it looks like? They are ice cream sundae's made out of wool felt.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Power Poster

I remember seeing somewhere that it had to be handmade and at least 4 x 4. if I can get away with 3 x 4 that would be nice. It will be cute and along the green line.

My michaels didn't have a sale on the beads, but it might have changed today. they got lots of new stuff in in the past 10 days.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:47 PM

In the directions for the swap, this is what it says.

4. The size and shape of the pincushion/needle case is up to the individual creating it, but should not be smaller than 3” x 3”.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:58 PM

That's good to know as I didn't remember reading that. How is sunny Fl today? You better enjoy it while you can. It's been snowing here all day and it's 22 with a wind chill of 3 but that's a heatwave compared to what we've had.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:00 PM

It's been in the high 60's today and in the 70's the next few days. A realtor is coming tomorrow so I can get the ball rolling to sell this mobile. I hope it doesn't take too long to sell but don't want to have to move until it warms up a little up there. My son is really looking forward to me moving. I need to send you a PM. I have a question.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

You girls are making a lot of pretty things with beads, etc. Oh I would love for it to be in the 70 's here, but I will admit we had a day or two in the 40's and that was a real heat wave. We are expecting snow by morning, and more so as it approaches Wednesday.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Power Poster

I'm not sure what to make for march. I kinda have an idea of a pin cushion with an attachment. Now does that have ya wondering?....lol. I like the ice cream pin cushion too. I made several of the body form ones out of muslin. Mine I put on a wooden base with a dowel going through the body with a wooden bead on top if it. They were not hard to make just small to sew.I think you also did a good job of stuffing it. Sometimes that makes the difference in how well it looks in most pin cushions. I think we are suppose to get more snow this week also.but warmer by Thursday or so. maybe even in the low 40's.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
I remember seeing somewhere that it had to be handmade and at least 4 x 4. if I can get away with 3 x 4 that would be nice. It will be cute and along the green line.

My michaels didn't have a sale on the beads, but it might have changed today. they got lots of new stuff in in the past 10 days.
I just went to JoAnn's today and they had strands of coordinating beads that were on clearance for $1.97. They are usually $7.99. I went to Michael's but didn't get any beads there. Tomorrow I'll hit Hobby Lobby
Old 02-10-2014, 11:56 AM

This is what I received from Klaws today. A lovely needlecase and some beautiful hat pins. And some candy hearts and some yarn. Very nice. Thanks again
Attached Thumbnails needlecase-swap-feb-001.jpg   needlecase-swap-feb-002.jpg  
Old 02-10-2014, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
I'm not sure what to make for march. I kinda have an idea of a pin cushion with an attachment. Now does that have ya wondering?....lol. I like the ice cream pin cushion too. I made several of the body form ones out of muslin. Mine I put on a wooden base with a dowel going through the body with a wooden bead on top if it. They were not hard to make just small to sew.I think you also did a good job of stuffing it. Sometimes that makes the difference in how well it looks in most pin cushions. I think we are suppose to get more snow this week also.but warmer by Thursday or so. maybe even in the low 40's.
I did not do a good job on the bottom of it. The piece I had for the bottom was too small so when I hot glued the fabric onto it there was too much fabric and that glue dries too fast. I bet I got 5" of snow yesterday and today it was 18 but really felt cold. I can't remember when we had a day in the 30's. So cold this winter