Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015 >

February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015

February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015

Old 02-02-2015, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

I didn't get there either, but now I have a flat tire. and an apt at the pain med doc. cancelled hm 2 times last week coz I was sick. hope I get to mail tomorrow.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:00 PM

Its snowing here again too. Dh didn't get the boats out to there mooring. His boat wouldn't start, got it running and discovered he needed a new steering pump. By the time he got that all done the boats froze in. He worked two days and nothing would cooperate. He went over before supper and chopped ice around the boats, in the freezing, blowing, snowing weather. He thinks he got a touch of hypothermia. I worry about him. He is not a happy camper.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Power Poster

Dwina, so sorry to hear about your dh. when is a thaw expected by you? we are hoping for 34* tomorrow, but then 8* at night which means all icing again.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:34 PM

Finally got home, a day later then expected due to flight being canceled, spent the night in the Denver Airport. Not fun, not fun at all but glad to be home after a wonderful vacation. Trying to play catch up after being gone for 3 weeks but got my partner's name and will start sewing in the next day or two.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:52 PM

Lynnie not sure when we will get warmer weather. The bad thing is they can't work until they get the boats out. Pray for a warm spell. We have 4 dogs 2 standard poodles and 2 black labs. Well we have a huge fenced in area. The fence is 4-5 ft tall and there is so much snow they can walk right out of the their yard.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:26 PM
Power Poster

Jaba, any pictures. sorry you got stuck at the airport. was thinking of you and wondering if you got stuck anywhere.
you must have at least one picture of you someplace, so please post it. thanks. we need a warm weather photo
Old 02-03-2015, 08:00 AM

Good morning to all. I am from Texas. I have been sitting on the sidelines for years , learning and watching what you all are doing and the fun you are having. I couldn't stand it any longer and decided I wanted to try the swap for the PC and NC. I've printed all of the Help pages to learn my way around the board. Yesterday I took pictures of lot of things that I have made hoping to get pictures on my profile. I probably need someones 10 year old to help me, they are not intimated. I am trying not to panic as I read several have their swaps completed. I made a pc yesterday and do not like it so I will give It another try today. I am looking so forward to this years projects. I had a tragedy in my family several years ago and it has been difficult to get back into my sewing room, yet I read this board faithfully. Committing to this swap has given me interest in getting back in there. I want to do my partner proud and plan on having fun in the meantime.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by suzy0879 View Post
Good morning to all. I am from Texas. I have been sitting on the sidelines for years , learning and watching what you all are doing and the fun you are having. I couldn't stand it any longer and decided I wanted to try the swap for the PC and NC. I've printed all of the Help pages to learn my way around the board. Yesterday I took pictures of lot of things that I have made hoping to get pictures on my profile. I probably need someones 10 year old to help me, they are not intimated. I am trying not to panic as I read several have their swaps completed. I made a pc yesterday and do not like it so I will give It another try today. I am looking so forward to this years projects. I had a tragedy in my family several years ago and it has been difficult to get back into my sewing room, yet I read this board faithfully. Committing to this swap has given me interest in getting back in there. I want to do my partner proud and plan on having fun in the meantime.
Oh Suzy, I am so glad you decided to come out and join us. I am sorry to hear that you have had a tragedy in your family, I won't pretend to understand your pain, but if I could I would give you a big hug and let you know that I care that you have gone through it.

I do understand feeling side lined (or, in my case, side swiped) by life (for me my health) and not feeling up to participating. After a year of isolation (like you I read the board voraciously) I joined one swap (this past December), it was so much fun and took me back to that place of wanting to be creative for my swap partner and a reason to get back into quilting/sewing/crafting which was always a joy for me. It has been just the tonic I have needed. I hope it will be the same for you.

Rest assured that this group of ladies will love and support you and be happy with whatever you make. This is a safe place! Just be forewarned.....these swaps can be addicting!
Old 02-03-2015, 08:38 AM

Hi Suzy. I'm so glad that you posted. We love pictures so if you would like to practice posting pictures we can help. Please continue to enjoy reading and posting with us.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

Hi Suzy, welcome aboard, swaps can be addicting and a lot of fun. we're a fun bunch of people here.
we are encouraging and enjoy each others company. a lot of fun is coming your way.