Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015 >

February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015

February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015

Old 02-17-2015, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by J_cody View Post
Well am very glad you like everything quiltjoey I have to say I saw so many beautiful pic and needle cases that I was second guessing everything I did. I made pincushions with the walnut shells for my other quilt friends and I now have one for myself it is wonderful . The scissors are not antique I purchased at hobby lobby. Thanks everyone for making me feel so good on my first swap
Joni
Sorry I haven't voiced a welcome but have been in and out. Glad to hear that you have enjoyed the swap and hope that you continue to participate. By the way hope that everyone had a quiltytines day!
Old 02-18-2015, 06:09 AM

Dwina so sorry for the loss of your FIL. Sending prayers to you and your family.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:19 AM

Dear Dwina: I'm so sorry for the lose of you FIL. I hope your DH is doing ok with the passing of his father. My prayers are for you and your family.

All the swaps are absolutely lovely! This is the best swap of all….

We were in Cocoa Beach and Ft. Pierce. It was unseasonably cool while we were there.
My GS is in the AF and was re-enlisting and wanted us to be there for the ceremony. He has a rather unique job in the AF as he is one of about 400 in his career field. He climbs towers to make sure equipment is working properly and wanted to be sworn in on a tower. The highest tower he has climbed has been 180 feet but will be climbing a 300 foot tower in the near future. He has travelled to Romania, Thailand, Mongolia, and Antarctic.

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
QuiltJoey great package from Joni. Joni, where did you get those scissors? They're great!
JoAnn, where in Florida where you this past weekend?
Old 02-18-2015, 07:20 AM

I have notification that all packages have been mailed. Yippee! Everyone should be getting theirs in a few days. I will be posting signups for the March swap on Sunday. The theme will be St. Patrick's Day or the color green. I thought April could be Spring, which would include Easter for those who would like that. Start planning!!!
Old 02-18-2015, 07:23 AM

We were in Cocoa Beach and Ft. Pierce. It was unseasonably cool while we were there.
My GS is in the AF and was re-enlisting and wanted us to be there for the ceremony. He has a rather unique job in the AF as he is one of about 400 in his career field. He climbs towers to make sure equipment is working properly and wanted to be sworn in on a tower. The highest tower he has climbed has been 180 feet but will be climbing a 300 foot tower in the near future. He has travelled to Romania, Thailand, Mongolia, and Antarctic.[/QUOTE]

OK. You were on the East Coast. I'm on the West Coast. Your GS does have a unique job. Good thing he isn't afraid of heights.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:26 AM

I would have loved to have met you if we had been near to your home!

He's not. He loves his job! It has do to with physics; wind, earth, fire and water. The equipment measures all those things all over the world...

Also is there a tutorial about making the beaded stilettos and beaded pins? I bought some of the turkey lacers and have lots of beds but haven't a clue how to make them. Went on You Tube but most of what I found was just showing the things that they made, not how to make them...
Thanks

Last edited by quiltjoey; 02-18-2015 at 07:28 AM.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:28 AM

Dwina so sorry for the loss of your FIL, it's so hard to lose a loved one. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
klaws thanks for the advance notice on the themes, now to get sewing
Old 02-18-2015, 12:46 PM
Power Poster

Dwina, hope today brings you some peace and solice. again, so sorry for your loss.

Quiltjoey, wow he has and unusual job. thank him for his service from all of us here.

Klaws, thanks for the heads up. getting things ready for the next swap.

Now we can all get a head start on what we're going to do, and get moving on it.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Power Poster

Hi all. With wind chill tonight we are suppose to be at -15 and I thought I lived in the south. lol...
Old 02-18-2015, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

Susan, tomorrow we get a temp of 0.
windchills will be -20 to -30 all day. what fun!!!