Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015 >

February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015

February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015

Old 02-18-2015, 06:01 PM

no it is about 3 hrs from here i am in the north west corner close to mn border.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:13 PM

It's going to be cold here too...cold for Florida. It's supposed to go down to 39 tonight and 53 tomorrow. We are also getting wind so it will feel colder. I know it would seem like a heatwave to all of you up North but it's cold to us when the average temp for this time of year is 70. Please everyone stay warm and don't go out unless you have to.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:13 PM

Thank you all for the prayers and condolences. My FIL was 81 and had many health problems. He was not strong enough to battle the pneumonia. He had a good life and did most everything he wanted. My DH is sad but did not like seeing his father so sick. The one who is taking it hardest is my daughter. She is 27 yrs old and has been very close to her grandfather. She called him Gumpa. We met with the funeral director today. Preacher tomorrow and so many other things to plan. I'll keep checking in from time to time. We are trying to have the funeral between snow storms.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
Thank you all for the prayers and condolences. My FIL was 81 and had many health problems. He was not strong enough to battle the pneumonia. He had a good life and did most everything he wanted. My DH is sad but did not like seeing his father so sick. The one who is taking it hardest is my daughter. She is 27 yrs old and has been very close to her grandfather. She called him Gumpa. We met with the funeral director today. Preacher tomorrow and so many other things to plan. I'll keep checking in from time to time. We are trying to have the funeral between snow storms.
I'll continue to pray for you all, Dwina. And especially for your daughter. Take care of yourselves in all of the busy-ness as you prepare the funeral.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:17 AM
Power Poster

klaws, this am it was 0*, now we're at a whopping 9 at noon. wind chills to below 0.
what are the flowers doing down south?

Sunday we're to get slusshy rainy snow. what a mess that will make. All this snow
will start to melt and make flooding all over. then it will freeze. yuck. I hope most of you are
out of the freezing zone. Maybe this mess won't come thru.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:12 AM
Power Poster

got a surprise today.
forgot I was due something and it came in the way of a nice package from Dwina.
I got cute blue with hearts knee socks. Who can't use a new pair of socks????
then she sent me a bag of candies, some my son took a few of. He stopped by. I love that
when he stops by. then I got the cutest matching kitty pincushion and needlecase. the kitty pincushion has a beaded necklace and a heart charm just like Zoey has!! it's filled with walnut shells. it's the kitty block with pointed ears and a heart on the chest. the matching needle book is pink fabric with shades of pink felt needlepages. this book is big! big enough to hold my hexies, she even put a pocket in it for that reason!!! the kitty on the fron is againthe same kitty, this time donein all pinks.the other was pink and blue. both kitties have a big pink heart button on the center of it.this needlebook is so big, Il 'l never loose it. Swina, you outdid yourself, thank you so much. And to think she did this all while running back and forth to the hospital. tHANK YOU SO VERY MUCH, DWINA.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:26 AM

Lynnie, since Dwina forgot to take pictures, can you have someone take pictures? We would all love to see what you got.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

when I go to my bee on Tuesday, i'll have Jeanne take pics for me if she can
Old 02-19-2015, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

Lynnie, sounds like a great swap from Dwina. I'm glad everyone has mailed out. Yeah girls!!!Stay warm and safe.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:59 PM
Power Poster

Dwina sent me some great chocolate. what an assortment. I'm a severe chocolate fiend. my son Ryan was here and had some b4 I could even see what was in it. there is 2 bags of M&M's left. but not for long.

Does anyone know when the next sign up is??? I'm ready to go for it.

Dwina, thanks again for the great surprise in the mail today. You and your family are in my thoughts.

everyone stay warm, it's going down tonight, really low,