Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm >

February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm

February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm

Old 02-09-2013, 06:10 PM

Got secret pal package number two today from Grandma Peg..................and what a special package indeed........

She sent me a real cute Valentines wall hanging...............wish my camera was working...........I really love it.......and it makes me feel special.........

Grandma Peg continued with the Valentines theme by also sending heart buttons ..........Valentines sox............and a Valentine candy Rose Lollipop..........it's so cute

I also receive some of the cutest frog fabric and lots of pieces of fabric for my I spy quilts..........she also sent some cute cat fabric................which makes me remember that she had sent my boy Dylan some mice.........that he couldn't keep his paws off of...........

I'm not finished yet........I also got a quilting magazine.........memo cube and a interesting cloth flower like buttons..........

It was a super nice Secret Pal package.........

Thank you Grandma Peg
Old 02-09-2013, 07:25 PM

We are about the last ones to finish up with the storm. The wind has blown between 60 -70 mph and has finally dropped to about 45 mph. Weatherman said snow should be done at around midnight. One of the local fisherman's boat was destroyed. I guess the worst is behind us.

My sp pkg is going to the west of me. Sp wants green fabric. I probably won't be sending until the 14.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Banned

I was in my sewing room hunting for some little extra sewing notions
to stick in the "goodies" box I am "building" for my oldest daughter.

She wants to start learning how to quilt so I am helping her out by
sharing some of my stuff. Of course I won't go through the fabric yet
until she is here to look at it with me and pick out what she likes. We
already set some "ground rules" about the fabric.

Well to get back on (semi) topic as I was hunting for this stuff for her
there was a knock on my door, by the time I got it open the mailman
was heading back down the stairs. I thought wow he delivered my SP
box to my door this month. But alas it was not my SP box at all, but it
was a box I was expecting just not on a Saturday delivery. It was several
large tote bags that I got from Shoppers Rule this is a pretty cool place
in you can "make an offer" of a price you feel is fair to pay. I offered $1 -$1.75
less then what they had listed and they accepted my offers. So I got some
zipper tote bags for (3 yellow, 2 purple, 1 pink) for $4.50 each their listed
price is $5.95 each. Plus I got some other bags and such.

I bought these bags so I can figured out "HOW" to embroider on them without
having to rip seams out and such.

Will definitely buy from them again.

It's still way early so I am not getting to anxious yet for my SP package. I
didn't get anything homemade for my SP this month, not enough room in
the envelope to stuff anything else I don't believe. But I do HOPE that she
likes stuff that I am sending her. It will be in the mail this coming week.

Have a good evening everyone talk with you later.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:02 PM

Hi all - I was chatting with someone else on the board, and she told me a horrible story about one of the quilters on the board. Her iron caught fire, and she lost her entire house, including all three pets. She herself spent 7 weeks in the burn unit before finally coming home a few weeks ago. I don't know Jill, but I am going to send a small package of things to rebuild her stash.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/request...ml#post5850236

My question is this. I am going to make her a scrap bag from my favorite pattern, some pins, and pull some fabric from my stash (i've been told she likes purple) I was told she had a dog and two cats, do you think it is too soon for cat fabric? Should I just make a purple one? I'm not sure and would value any opinions. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
puter is so slowwww this AM... can't remember who asked but we are on Lake Huron across from the Thumb in Michigan.... the tote pattern I sent hav4boys is called "sewtogether bag" and you can get it on the craftsy site. really fun to make...go to www.stanssewingsupplies.com and you can get zippers really cheap.
My son was stationed at Wurtsmith Air Force Base in the early 90's. I know the base is not there anymore but is that the area you live in? It was so pretty there when I went to visit him. That would be Oscoda, Tawas and places near by.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingdragon View Post
My question is this. I am going to make her a scrap bag from my favorite pattern, some pins, and pull some fabric from my stash (i've been told she likes purple) I was told she had a dog and two cats, do you think it is too soon for cat fabric? Should I just make a purple one? I'm not sure and would value any opinions. Thanks.
No - I don't think so. The fact she had cats means she likes them.
When someone is grieving we're always afraid of 'upsetting' them, or making them cry, but this is part of the grieving process. (I'm not suggesting anyone should do anything to deliberately upset someone in order to bring on this process!) By giving her cat fabric, this recognises the fact that you read her story and know she likes cats - IMHO.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:14 AM

Post #452 by Sibi

Well I could possibly be #2 since my states name can have a man's name in it and it can also be a girls name using the full word. :-) As a matter of fact my fathers middle name was the male version of my states name and my sister in law first name is the same as my state name.

Last edited by clsurz; 02-10-2013 at 06:17 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by sustraley View Post
Hope my SP will think this is "EGG"sactly what she needs to add to her collection of pin cushions. It also has two pinsies I made for her. Hope to mail soon when I get everything else together.
This is the bomb......so totally rad.....so totally awesome! I want one! :-)
Old 02-10-2013, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
clsurz I'm so glad you liked it. I had fun putting it together for you. Very limited shopping here, just wish I could have filled in a few more of your wants. But I do love doing these swaps, like a little surprise each month...

Jaba you did wonderful. I also was raised to be appreciative of what I get in life so I am very easy to please. All your items were wonderful. I like it all and especially the knitted potholders and quilted one as well as that green tote bag. And of course the chocolate was delicious so much so my 10 yr old GD came asked me yesterday what was in my secret package. She apparently had peeked when it first came in and she wanted some of the chocolate. I'm already using the pen and pad of course.....can never have to many of those.

For me its not necessarily what I received and quality/quantity but the thought behind what is given me. I truly appreciate everything the good Lord blesses others to give/pass on to me. For me what is important is not even the giving but that the person who did thought enough to do something for me. I am first generation baby boomer and born right after the ending of the great depression so I have learned to be appreciative of what folks do for each other and the fact that they do it in love.

Again thank you! Last months SP gift was awesome as well and fact that it came from overseas made it extra special as well learning about that country.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by skaduzy View Post
My son was stationed at Wurtsmith Air Force Base in the early 90's. I know the base is not there anymore but is that the area you live in? It was so pretty there when I went to visit him. That would be Oscoda, Tawas and places near by.
I am in Tawas, when the base was alive and well the area was booming...now there are empty stores downtown and Oscoda isn't much better...we have a WM and just got a new Riley's auto parts...just what we needed LOL, local quilt shop closed not long ago, shopping is practically nil....have a good day