Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm >

February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm

February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm

Old 02-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by clsurz View Post
Well I'm glad you like it all!

Regarding the coffee I remember eons years ago when I was in the Marine Corps being stationed at MCAS, Futeuma, Okinawa and being there only a couple weeks went for a cup of coffee one day some Marine had made and without thinking said "oh my God this coffee is so strong it'll grow hair on my chest" and you should have seen the looks on their faces. My being the only female Marine there and with all those men I'm sure they were wondering about weather it would or not. LOL
I'm not even going to ask ...

But I love Black Silk. When my son bought us a Keurig for Christmas a couple of years ago, I thought it was a ridiculous extravagance, but since I've been using the filter that you fill yourself, I am sure I've saved more than it's cost by not making a full pot and then dumping it when it gets old and nasty.
That Black Silk put some pep in my step today! Thanks again.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:50 AM

SP, I mailed out your package yesterday and checked the tracking. They say that your package will be delivered approximately on Tuesday, February 19th. Egads, I couldn't believe it was going to take that long for the package to get to you until I realized that Sunday and Monday, there is no mail delivery. I'm so sorry you have to wait longer due to that. My bad.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:43 AM

SP your pkg is on it's way North(Hint) to you, with your purple tote (Hint). Your pkg will be there on Tues. You also like to do things for others. (Another Hint)
Old 02-15-2013, 12:27 PM
Power Poster

I did receive my SP package today. It was very nicely put together. There was a great Valentine "trinket wallet with a 2" diamond templet on a chain, some love labels and some round hair bands (for quilt use) in it., a Singer Breast cancer pin cushion, a Quilt Sampler magazine, a pressing pad, a Wolverine 1,000,000 candy bar, some valentine heart suckers, a great note pad with delicate purple flowers on it, a nice 9-patch valentine hot pad and a very nice Valentine table runner. The material in the center part of the table runner has clusters of buttone printed on it. I will post a picture as soon as I can get it to upload. Great package Quilty Mom
Old 02-15-2013, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene View Post
SP your pkg is on it's way North(Hint) to you, with your purple tote (Hint). Your pkg will be there on Tues. You also like to do things for others. (Another Hint)
I really think you're talking about me Crafty. You knew I liked purple from previous swaps = and I'm north of you and well, of course dI like to do things for others - what quilter doesn't!!!??
Old 02-15-2013, 01:19 PM

TWINKIE, I'd like to see the breast cancer pin cushion.....
Old 02-15-2013, 01:38 PM

What is a Wolverine $1,000,000 candy bar?
Old 02-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Power Poster

All States with popular college football programs have $l,000,000 candy bars with the college logo on it. This is the Michigan Wolverines. I am trying to post a picture but for the 1st time, it tells me that there is an upload failure. Not sure why but going to get my DH to look at it.

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
What is a Wolverine $1,000,000 candy bar?
Old 02-15-2013, 01:44 PM

No package today...however, the weather outside is so sunny and beautiful I don't mind the bench a bit. It is about 35 degrees but no wind. I took a long, relaxing walk and then did a boat load of errands. I mailed an "angel" package to a warmer climate today...suspect it will get there by Tuesday (I really do hope so!) Per Lori, the original SP is ill and couldn't do her package.

Carol, I am nosier than Krystyna...did that strong coffee put hair on your chest???? Just asking...

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's day. I went down the street and grabbed my grandkids for the night (No school today..teacher's workshop) We had a lively game of "Boggle" and made a poster for my mother who is going to hit 95 on the 23rd! She is really confused lately..thinks she is going to be 56!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

[ATTACH=CONFIG]395312[/ATTACH]

Here is the picture of the secret pal package. The pin cushion is in the right hand lower corner. Thanks QuiltyMom
Attached Thumbnails february-2013.jpg