Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Flowers that Bloom in the Spring - TraLa TraLa - SIGN UPS CLOSED

At my little house, buried under a pile of fabric.
    Pattis I think it is pretty just like it is.

Don't officially sign me up just yet ... but here's a block I made yesterday. The center isn't quite as bright in person. The camera flash went a little crazy!

The background is beige with a subtle crazy quilt-like pattern. Hope it's okay.

I'm sooooo slow when it comes to applique, so let me make sure I'll have enough time to complete the blocks before officially signing up. I'll let you know. :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moonrise your block is pretty..I really like the heart leaves!

Blog Entries
    Those are so pretty I can't wait to start mine but I'm waiting for my background fabric it's supposed to get here today.

Your block is great!!! I also like the heart leaves.

HI, I sooo wanted to do this swap . I have a wedding and to many other comittments for the next few months to sign up for the swap. But I have used the pattern to start making blocks from my stash. Will use the blocks for a quilt for my gd to take to college with her. I hope I can join in with a swap soon... Love your pattern. I am trying to get a good leaf pattern . Sending a pic of what I think are spring flower colors for the flowers......
    Pat_sews

spring flower colors
    Name:  Attachment-188626.jpe
Views: 64
Size:  59.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Pat_sews
    HI, I sooo wanted to do this swap . I have a wedding and to many other comittments for the next few months to sign up for the swap. But I have used the pattern to start making blocks from my stash. Will use the blocks for a quilt for my gd to take to college with her. I hope I can join in with a swap soon... Love your pattern. I am trying to get a good leaf pattern . Sending a pic of what I think are spring flower colors for the flowers......
    Pat_sews
    Those are gorgeous! :thumbup:

I've got all my pieces cut out. Now to find a few minutes (ha ha) to sew them before the Boomerang swap starts ... :shock:

Those are beautiful blocks!! Please let me know if you are able to join in. Blocks aren't due till May 31!

Blog Entries
    Deb, your block is just stunning! I have made dresden plate blocks using Eleanor Burns method, but not with the addition of the leaves...that's what makes the block sooo striking! I will look at this and think about possibly joining. Just have to look at my calendar and know I can do it...perhaps I'll give one block a try and see how long it takes to make...your tute is great by the way!

I'm right there with you moonrise.

Quote Originally Posted by moonrise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_sews
    Pat_sews
    Those are gorgeous! :thumbup:

I've got all my pieces cut out. Now to find a few minutes (ha ha) to sew them before the Boomerang swap starts ... :shock:

Blog Entries
    I may need to join this swap! I have been wanting to do a dresden/flower quilt! I will pm you if I can 'clear the calendar' and make this work. Thanks for doing this swap, it looks like fun.

Blog Entries
    come on and join the fun, it is a very easy block to make and really doesn't take long to make

Blog Entries
    I am sorely tempted, but after looking at what I already have going I sadly won't be joining you ladies for this swap, but will watch and admire all the beautiful blocks! I did print out and start to make one of the dresden plate blocks and remembered how fun they are! Maybe my schedule will allow me to join in the the fall one a bit later this year!

Would love to join the Spring Flowers but have to much going on. Ladies your blocks are stunning. I will start on the fall flowers.

My flowers are pieced together, my leaves are ironed on, and I'm ready to start applique-ing tonight! :mrgreen:

Pat your flowers are beautiful!

Pleae make sure you PM me if you want to join, sometimes I don't get to the computer right away. I don't want anyone to think that I am ignoring them! And if Spring is to busy for you, think about the Fall flowers with the same pattern, only fall colors!

Well, WonkyWanda has succumbed to the flower fragrance tempatation! Welcome to the garden....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Well, WonkyWanda has succumbed to the flower fragrance tempatation! Welcome to the garden....
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

JJC
    Not sneaking anything in!!! Well, maybe. With this block link, it will ensure that all the petals (plates) will be uniform size. I am headed to the basement now to do a plate, and some step by step for those who have not done this before.
    I love this block. Quick question, did you enlarge the template at all before you cut out the pattern for it?

Thank-you.

Blog Entries
    I finally got my white believe it or not that's color I don't have much of it all has black or another color with it. I'm an off-white kinda girl.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC
    Not sneaking anything in!!! Well, maybe. With this block link, it will ensure that all the petals (plates) will be uniform size. I am headed to the basement now to do a plate, and some step by step for those who have not done this before.
    I love this block. Quick question, did you enlarge the template at all before you cut out the pattern for it?

Thank-you.
    No, I printed out the template directly from Quilterscache.com. What I did do, though, was to trace the petals on to a plastic file folder, that ensures that my petals will all be the same size.

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty3790
    I finally got my white believe it or not that's color I don't have much of it all has black or another color with it. I'm an off-white kinda girl.
    White, creams, pale yellows.....all good.

I may have asked you ,but do they need to be a solid color or can i make different colored petals in the same block?

Do we have to put in leaves? I'm doing a PP plate.
    All 12 should be same # of blades, right?

thanks...

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast