Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 415

Thread: Fun & Funky Chickens Block Swap - Sign Ups Close Aug. 30, 2012

  1. #226
    som
    som is offline
    Senior Member som's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    southeast missouri
    Posts
    421
    Blog Entries
    2
    i love your blocks they are so bright

  2. #227
    Super Member Annaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,758
    Red work chickens, baby chicks and funky chickens, I love them all. This will make a super cute quilt. I am already talking about joining another chicken block swap in the future. chicken blocks are addictive.
    Anna Quilts

  3. #228
    Super Member owlvamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,450
    Blog Entries
    2
    Beautiful chicken blocks.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

  4. #229
    Power Poster RedGarnet222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    14,522
    Here is the third set.. I hope you girls like them! This is my block so I put the eye on it. I have been making myself a block to save as I go along.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    RedGarnet222

    "Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

  5. #230
    Power Poster RedGarnet222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    14,522
    Quote Originally Posted by icon17 View Post
    SO really? What DiD come 1st the Chicken Or the EGG?
    I think it was the chicken, since god created them. I couldn't keep my mouth shut since I knew the answer. LOL!
    RedGarnet222

    "Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

  6. #231
    Super Member Lv2sew2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perry, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,419
    Blog Entries
    21
    Cute Cute Cute!!
    Donna

    Quote Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
    Here is the third set.. I hope you girls like them! This is my block so I put the eye on it. I have been making myself a block to save as I go along.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥`..♥ Donna♥`..♥

    Happy Quilting!

  7. #232
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,680
    Blog Entries
    4
    Red, your chicken block is adorable! Man, I might have to make more sets...hmmm.
    Ronda





  8. #233
    Power Poster RedGarnet222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    14,522
    Hey, thanks girls! I have another set of cute applique blocks all ready to finish the edges on tomorrow. This might be the last set. I am not sure. There is an embroidery one I was thinking of making. We will see how the time goes.
    RedGarnet222

    "Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

  9. #234
    Super Member urgodschild2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    1,713
    Here is set no. 2 and 3. No. 2 is the Sky is falling.

    Name:  DSC_0154.JPG
Views: 139
Size:  824.4 KBName:  DSC_0156.JPG
Views: 139
Size:  995.2 KB
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

  10. #235
    Power Poster RedGarnet222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    14,522
    Cute ur god's child2!

    Here is the fourth set... I think the last too. This was fun everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 08-27-2012 at 12:16 PM.
    RedGarnet222

    "Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

  11. #236
    Super Member Annaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,758
    redgarnet your chicken looks like she has attitude the way she is strotting. Adorable feet! I used the same back ground fabric for my egg block. It reminded me of straw.

    urgodschild- Love your funky chickens. wonderful crazy colors and too cute with the sky is falling.
    Anna Quilts

  12. #237
    Super Member moonwork42029's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Possum Trot, KY
    Posts
    4,045
    Chicken Stalker here, lol. Actually I participated in the last funky chicken swap and JUST tonight got all the blocks together in a top. Thought I'd share it with y'all since you are in the spirit and I doubt if any of the "oldies" would go back and look from 2010 or so. We made changes to many the blocks so they would fit in our "puzzle" -- some we cut, some we added, some we rotated and some we just plopped them in. Now we have to come up with a border of some sort but phew, this part is finished. Just had to cluck about it

    Name:  DSCN0528.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  124.3 KB
    overall view -- don't know the size but it's decent sized to cover this tablecloth.

    You might recognize "yours" in there from before.

    Name:  DSCN0531.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  124.7 KB
    Top Left

    Name:  DSCN0532.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  127.1 KB
    Top Right

    Name:  DSCN0533.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  122.7 KB
    Lower Left

    Name:  DSCN0535.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  124.3 KB
    Lower Right
    Name:  DSCN0536.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  129.8 KB
    Long legged ones were copied from someone else

    Name:  DSCN0537.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  118.0 KB
    Our biker chick

    Hopefully this was some inspiration to get those blocks flying!

    (Didn't do this swap ... Dad had slight stroke and is staying with us and supervising my quilting...he is a great "ironer" but I didn't want to get overloaded since I had signed up for the Boomerang).

    Thanks for letting me jump in...now, back to your regularly scheduled swappers.
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16



  13. #238
    Super Member Lv2sew2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perry, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,419
    Blog Entries
    21
    Very Very Cute I need that biker Chick...LOL I have a harley!
    Donna

    Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
    Chicken Stalker here, lol. Actually I participated in the last funky chicken swap and JUST tonight got all the blocks together in a top. Thought I'd share it with y'all since you are in the spirit and I doubt if any of the "oldies" would go back and look from 2010 or so. We made changes to many the blocks so they would fit in our "puzzle" -- some we cut, some we added, some we rotated and some we just plopped them in. Now we have to come up with a border of some sort but phew, this part is finished. Just had to cluck about it

    Name:  DSCN0528.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  124.3 KB
    overall view -- don't know the size but it's decent sized to cover this tablecloth.

    You might recognize "yours" in there from before.

    Name:  DSCN0531.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  124.7 KB
    Top Left

    Name:  DSCN0532.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  127.1 KB
    Top Right

    Name:  DSCN0533.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  122.7 KB
    Lower Left

    Name:  DSCN0535.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  124.3 KB
    Lower Right
    Name:  DSCN0536.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  129.8 KB
    Long legged ones were copied from someone else

    Name:  DSCN0537.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  118.0 KB
    Our biker chick

    Hopefully this was some inspiration to get those blocks flying!

    (Didn't do this swap ... Dad had slight stroke and is staying with us and supervising my quilting...he is a great "ironer" but I didn't want to get overloaded since I had signed up for the Boomerang).

    Thanks for letting me jump in...now, back to your regularly scheduled swappers.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥`..♥ Donna♥`..♥

    Happy Quilting!

  14. #239
    Power Poster Mariposa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    26,821
    moonwork-- thanks for sharing these pics! What fun to see all the blocks again!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

  15. #240
    Super Member owlvamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,450
    Blog Entries
    2
    I hope my fabric comes in today so I can join. I do see my block in the quilt. Love all the blocks.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

  16. #241
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,680
    Blog Entries
    4
    Moonwork, it's great seeing your funky chicken quilt top put together! Mine is sadly still in blocks grouped by size and in a drawer. I do recognize a block I made in your quilt. How fun! Is this the chicken you copied per chance? They look similar don't they? So....are you joining with us again???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ronda





  17. #242
    Super Member SheriR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,868
    I was so excited to sign up for this swap. I am finely ready to start mine! All the chicks I've seen are so cute! One question. I know what our size criteria is, but what sizes are you all mostly doing?
    SheriR~

    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

    "Be not afraid, only believe."

  18. #243
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,680
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    I was so excited to sign up for this swap. I am finely ready to start mine! All the chicks I've seen are so cute! One question. I know what our size criteria is, but what sizes are you all mostly doing?
    Sheri, don't know what others are doing, but so far I have two 9 1/2" sets and one 12 1/2" set. I also want to make at least one that's either longer or wider for variety. I like all sizes as it adds interest.

    Here's my 12 1/2" block set.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rwquilts; 08-28-2012 at 05:49 AM.
    Ronda





  19. #244
    Super Member SheriR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,868
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    Sheri, don't know what others are doing, but so far I have two 9 1/2" sets and one 12 1/2" set. I also want to make at least one that's either longer or wider for variety. I like all sizes as it adds interest.
    Thanks Ronda I agree the size variety makes it so fun!
    SheriR~

    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

    "Be not afraid, only believe."

  20. #245
    Super Member Annaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,758

    Smile

    I like all sizes so I made 6 1/2, 3 1/2 and 12 1/2.
    Anna Quilts

  21. #246
    Super Member moonwork42029's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Possum Trot, KY
    Posts
    4,045
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    Moonwork, it's great seeing your funky chicken quilt top put together! Mine is sadly still in blocks grouped by size and in a drawer. I do recognize a block I made in your quilt. How fun! Is this the chicken you copied per chance? They look similar don't they? So....are you joining with us again???
    Yep, you are right! I copied it and made my own pattern since yours was so dang cute!. My Dad fell in love with the long legged beauties and we had to have them. He couldn't decide between the zebra or tiger fabric so we had to have both of them. Sure hope you don't mind the artistic license we took with her. It's one of his favorites.
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16



  22. #247
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,680
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
    Yep, you are right! I copied it and made my own pattern since yours was so dang cute!. My Dad fell in love with the long legged beauties and we had to have them. He couldn't decide between the zebra or tiger fabric so we had to have both of them. Sure hope you don't mind the artistic license we took with her. It's one of his favorites.
    Of course I don't mind. It's compliment! I love that your dad loves them! You've inspired me by posting your finished top...
    Ronda





  23. #248
    Super Member urgodschild2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    1,713
    I found two more patterns that I had to free hand draw to make larger so that I can make them. so I may be making some m ore. Yeah!!!!!! I make all sizes except the 3 1/3. one is a chicken with a worm.
    Actually I founnd three....one is a fox trying to get into the hen house.
    Last edited by urgodschild2; 08-28-2012 at 03:20 PM.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

  24. #249
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,680
    Blog Entries
    4
    Here is my 3rd set of chickens...this one is definately "funky". It's a Sindy Rodenmayer pattern and her name is "Shorty".
    Attachment 358820
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rwquilts; 08-29-2012 at 08:45 AM.
    Ronda





  25. #250
    Super Member SheriR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,868
    Ronda, That is so cute. I really don't know how you guys find such cute patterns!
    SheriR~

    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

    "Be not afraid, only believe."

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.