Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fun Halloween Block Swap ....      In the mail everyone!!.. >

Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!..

Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!..

Old 05-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Power Poster

Good reminders for us all Red..

These "Funky" swaps are a little different than the normal swaps as the block sizes vary. That and being open to all types of block construction makes the weigh vary soooo much. The Flat Rate mailers are just the absolute easiest to use since the hostess then doesn't have to weigh everything and make sure that postage is correct. Its something that new swappers and even the experienced don't always think about.

The side swaps were getting a bit wild Red..good call. It seemed to me that if everyone was privately swapping before the actual swap...well, they might be swapping for a block that they would get anyway in the regular swap.. which is why I kept saying that I was planning to wait and see...

Now...I wanted to show ya'll what I did today...I'm done with my 2 sets!! I'll tell ya'....my "great" idea wasn't quite as easy as I originally thought it would be. I got it to work..but I don't think I'll be making more of these ....if ya' know what I mean...LOL!

My 6 scary bats
[ATTACH=CONFIG]197100[/ATTACH]

Can you see the wings have a space underneath
[ATTACH=CONFIG]197101[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-197094.jpe   attachment-197095.jpe  
Old 05-14-2011, 05:51 PM

those bats are adorable!!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat

These "Funky" swaps are a little different than the normal swaps as the block sizes vary. That and being open to all types of block construction makes the weigh vary soooo much. The Flat Rate mailers are just the absolute easiest to use since the hostess then doesn't have to weigh everything and make sure that postage is correct. Its something that new swappers and even the experienced don't always think about.

The side swaps were getting a bit wild Red..good call. It seemed to me that if everyone was privately swapping before the actual swap...well, they might be swapping for a block that they would get anyway in the regular swap.. which is why I kept saying that I was planning to wait and see...

Now...I wanted to show ya'll what I did today...I'm done with my 2 sets!! I'll tell ya'....my "great" idea wasn't quite as easy as I originally thought it would be. I got it to work..but I don't think I'll be making more of these ....if ya' know what I mean...LOL!
I like that, 3D bats
Old 05-14-2011, 06:24 PM

I live the bats sandpat!!!! Hopefully I get one of those! Gotta say it's may favorite so far :)
Old 05-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Power Poster

LOL Brooke...I have to admit that I made 7 actually...1 for me because I cut a darn hole in it right beside the big moon. Can you guess what I did with it??

I cut out a little bitty bat and put it over the hole. Its ok now. DH says I need more to make it look like a flock. I handed him the scissors and the black fabric- you shoulda seen the look on his face!! LOL!!
Old 05-14-2011, 07:20 PM

[quote=Lv2sew2011]
Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
here is a picture of the witch block I am doing
I want you to know I tried this paper piecing and couldn't figure it out so I ended up doing this...LOL

lol I struggled with this one too but at least I hope I learned from this one b4 I tackle the others tomorrow
I got to mad I ended up wrinkling it up and throwing it a way! Paper Piecing that witch just wasn't worth the Aggravation!!! LOL
I think your witches are coming out well as appliques. I have not done paper piecing either and I am just learning applique. I agree, we are suppose to have fun and some things are just not worth the aggravation.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:30 PM

Those are really cute.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:49 PM

Sweet!!! bats are so cute!
Old 05-14-2011, 08:34 PM

I'm loving appliques.
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1...D720/ry%3D480/[/img]
Old 05-15-2011, 03:43 AM

LOL Sandpat! I would love to have been there to see that! Don't you love how they always have an input on things but dont want to do any of the work for it LOL My kids are the same way too!!