Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fun Halloween Block Swap ....      In the mail everyone!!.. >

Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!..

Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!..

Old 05-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
I have put together one of my sets and they are ready for the satin stitching tomorrow. Half in the green and half purple background. :D The strips are from the spooktacular line of fabrics.

Whatsha think girls??
Where did you get the pattern for these hats?I have gone back thru all the pic's and I would like one of each PLEASE!lol
There was no pattern for either of the blocks I made. I just hand drew the original and went by that. Sorry...
Old 05-14-2011, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

I do have to say one thing here everyone. The side swap thing is getting insane! I am not sure I will be able to keep up with your side swaps. I guess I had better not try. So, you might be getting duplicates if you side swap before you recieve your main sets from me.

As far as the wish lists go, I will try hard to give you your favorites. But, there are only so many blocks to go around. I will try hard that is all I can do.

We still have a long way to go with our swap, so please everyone wait and have fun playing with your blocks and other settings for your quilts. OK?

That isn't to say you can't share what else you are making for your quilts. We wanna see.... of course! And I am loving the links to fun images and blocks. How fun is that?

I have one more important thing to say... When sending your blocks ... Use the flat rate mailer envelopes to send them and for the return blocks! If your blocks are small ones they will not weigh the same if larger ones are swapped out to send back. So don't go by what the weight was to send them. Please read the rules. You all agreed to the rules set. And, if you did not include tracking money for the return trip, I will not be responsible for lost blocks!

I hated having to remind you all of these things, but, you know what happens if things get lost. I want everyone to have a great time and experiance with this swap. Please comply with the rules on the first page information.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:50 AM

Thanks for the reminders RedGarnet222!!

I was shocked that I could "pre-pay" for my flat-rate return envelope - thought for sure the mail man would argue with me.

Nope, they had a stamp for that. I feel much better knowing you won't get suprises at the PO from me!

=)

I think as far side swaps go - I'll just play along with this swap and get whatever you send me -- ALL of the blocks - and I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE - of the blocks shown so far are incredible. I know all of them will be great additions to my halloween quilt.

I'm also in the Monthly Bee Swap - and right now my theme is Halloween - so I'll add all of these blocks to those blocks and have a frightfully fun quilt!

=) Happy Weekend All!!
Old 05-14-2011, 09:43 AM

k, here's my next one, Count & Countess? This one measures 6.5 x 12.5
Attached Thumbnails attachment-196826.jpe  
Old 05-14-2011, 10:07 AM

I have one more important thing to say... When sending your blocks ... Use the flat rate mailer envelopes to send them and for the return blocks! If your blocks are small ones they will not weigh the same if larger ones are swapped out to send back. So don't go by what the weight was to send them. Please read the rules. You all agreed to the rules set. And, if you did not include tracking money for the return trip, I will not be responsible for lost blocks!

(oops I guess I boo boo) If it cost more let me know and I will return the money! Sorry, This is my first swap so all this is new to me!!!! :-)
Old 05-14-2011, 10:59 AM

I don't suppose there is any way to separate "cute" from "scary". My quilt is for little kids. I know older kids will love dripping blood & scary wolves, but not a 3 year old.
Maybe I can side swap the scary blocks I get for cute ones?
Don't want to create more work for our hostess!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

(oops I guess I boo boo) If it cost more let me know and I will return the money! Sorry, This is my first swap so all this is new to me!!!! :-)[/quote]

I will let you know Ilv2sew... Thanks!

I can remember no scary dripping blood in your blocks dotty. LOL!

Short and sweet .... THose are Really cute!

Oh and jetnica
thanks so much for the support. I just want everyone to understand that the rules were made to help you get your blocks back right. It really isn't any anything but that.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:54 AM

Sending my blocks to you today, along with that Hawaiian quilt I told you about. I love these padded flat rate envelopes & click n ship online!
Old 05-14-2011, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
I don't suppose there is any way to separate "cute" from "scary". My quilt is for little kids. I know older kids will love dripping blood & scary wolves, but not a 3 year old.
Maybe I can side swap the scary blocks I get for cute ones?
Don't want to create more work for our hostess!
I understand and would be happy to swap out with you if need be.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:33 PM

[quote=Short an Sweet]
Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
here is a picture of the witch block I am doing
I want you to know I tried this paper piecing and couldn't figure it out so I ended up doing this...LOL

lol I struggled with this one too but at least I hope I learned from this one b4 I tackle the others tomorrow
I got to mad I ended up wrinkling it up and throwing it a way! Paper Piecing that witch just wasn't worth the Aggravation!!! LOL
Everytime my husband would come into the sewing room yesterday, he was laughing at me and at one point he even asked why I didnt just applique it, lol I told him because I don't know how to applique, but the witch is the ONLY block I got done yesterday LOL
All I did was print out the pattern, marked it with perment marker so I could see to trace it on fabric, then I added fuseable webbing, wonder what ever it's called and cut it out and iron the applique to the other piece of fabric, my machine has the stich that was used and went around it...I find it much easier to do than paper piecing...LOL try it easier than you think!