Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fun Halloween Block Swap ....      In the mail everyone!!.. >

Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!..

Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!..

Old 07-02-2011, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
I think I want to sign up for this... I haven't done any swaps in a long time due to school and life getting in the way... I have time over the next couple of weeks too... :)

Can I do a nine patch? Is that allowed?
I am thinking it would be fine to do a nine patch. There are all levels of quilters in the swap.
I can't remember, aren't you out of country? Just remember that the mailing must reach me by the ending date and that you will need to make arrangements for the return postage with me. OK?
I'm in the country! I'm in the US... I'm near Chicago somewhere... and yeah I can do that!
Old 07-03-2011, 07:10 AM

This has been so much fun seeing everyone's blocks! I'm sew excited that I think I'll do one more set of cute mummies.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Power Poster

I think I want to sign up for this... I haven't done any swaps in a long time due to school and life getting in the way... I have time over the next couple of weeks too... :)

I am thinking it would be fine to do a nine patch. There are all levels of quilters in the swap.
I can't remember, aren't you out of country? Just remember that the mailing must reach me by the ending date and that you will need to make arrangements for the return postage with me. OK?
I'm in the country! I'm in the US... I'm near Chicago somewhere... and yeah I can do that!
I am sorry .. I sure didn't want to rial you. I am just a little concerned about recieving the out of country blocks, that's all.

I will run over there and sign you up right away! LOL!
Old 07-03-2011, 07:33 AM

Mine are going to be 12 1/2 by 12 1/2... I'm hoping to go get the fabric this week... most likely friday...

I must ask, when do these have to be in by, I didn't see a date for that... but I do know that sign up ends on the 15th.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:36 AM

I am sorry .. I sure didn't want to rial you. I am just a little concerned about recieving the out of country blocks, that's all.

I will run over there and sign you up right away! LOL!
There was no riling at all :P I don't exactly have it on my profile stating where I am located, so no worries :) And thank you!
Old 07-03-2011, 07:39 AM
Power Poster

Here is a link to all the information hon...

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-115927-1.htm
Old 07-04-2011, 06:32 AM

I finished the 2nd set of blocks... not what I originally planned on doing but since I had a flood in my basement and the sewing machines are both getting looked at right now I had to come up with plan B. Sorry for the bad lighting these were taken with my cell phone this morning.

They are all 6 1/2 squares

Jack-o-Lanterns - Hand appliqued
[ATTACH=CONFIG]220690[/ATTACH]

Haunted houses
[ATTACH=CONFIG]220691[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-220684.jpe   attachment-220685.jpe  
Old 07-04-2011, 06:37 AM

Those are adorable!!!! I love them!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 08:17 AM

Is the 9 patch going to be for Halloween or Christmas? If not I intend to do some 9 patches for Halloween of my own and applique the top with whatever. It will add greatly to my other blocks. I am cutting extras of everything. I finally found the Witches Boots pattern originally made up for a Halloween pillow so I intend to reduce size of it then use it as a 12in block. I will make it up as a couple of pillows later since I do not need another wall hanging. I do not know about the rest of you but I am thrilled with this site. Here is hoping you will start a Christmas towel swap.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:48 AM

I got my backing and "sashing" fabric!!

I decided I'm not going sash the blocks the "normal" way - but instead a little wonky.

Like for my 6 1/2 inch blocks, I'll add a 6 1/2" block to one side, then a 6 1/2 x 12 1/2 strip to the top or bottom.

(it makes sense in my head) -- the 12" blocks won't get any "sashing", and the others will have lopsided "sashing" to make them 12" -- then sew together block to block.

so really the "sashing" will only show up where it needs too!

=)

I'm sure I confused everyone just now. I'm confused reading it, but it makes sense in the pictures in my head!

Anyway -- the white print is the "sashing" - cotton -- not on sale at JoAnn's - so I used my 40% from my mail flyer

The black print is fleece - it's the backing - also not on sale - but I used my iPhone app 40% coupon on it!

=)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-220753.jpe