Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fun Halloween Block Swap ....      In the mail everyone!!.. >

Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!..

Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!..

Old 06-14-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Originally Posted by heyjami
Hey, is this side trading? I haven't had time to read through all 55 pages of posts, but I thought these were due in July?
Hi Everyone I got Hooked, Moonrise and Roberts Blocks in the mail today. They are just wonderful I love them all.

I have gotten 17 (I think) of the swappers blocks already. I told the swappers if I got them all early, I would send them back early. I also mentioned that in the rules page that I would take the blocks anytime anyone wanted to send them. That makes it a little easier on me doing the swap too. See?

I want to do a christmas/winter themed swap after this one. It would be nice if everyone had thiers in early. Hint hint ... lol!
how will you insure that the people doing 4 sets will have enough blocks to be swapped with if they send theirs in on time instead of early?
Old 06-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Power Poster

I will not swap out the blocks until the last of the swap. I will try and make sure everyone gets different blocks back. But, I want you all to know that there might be a block back of your own. I certainly cannot control that without putting a cap on the swappers. It should be fine though, don't worry. That is what you have me for! LOL!

There are other things that must be done besides just swapping them out. LOL! Those things are the measuring, inspecting, making sure there is enough postage on the envelopes for returning your blocks, filling out declaration papers for blocks going out of country, ect. That is just having to do with the blocks, not keeping account of the swappers, notifications, ect.

Don't you worry, I will do the very best organizing I know how to do. LOL! I bet you thought that I just sat around eating bon bon's ... LOL!

Red
Old 06-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by brookemarie19
I have finished my third set and am half done with the last. I hope to finish these up and send them to you by the end of the week. Is it ok if I were to buy a shipping label from usps.com, print it out and send it to you for my return label? It would save me a little and when I am in so many swaps every little bit helps.
I am not sure what you are asking since the flat rate envelope is the same price on line as at the post office. Do you already have your flat rate envelopes? Remember the original rules?

I hope this doesn't cause you any problems.

Red
Old 06-14-2011, 12:22 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot this was one of the swaps that you needed the envelope also. I was asking because if you pay for your flat rate envelope online, it is $4.75 plus free delivery confirmation. That way it saves me a dollar each way for all of the swaps that I am in. Sorry to confuse you... new to the online shipping but find it so much nicer than having to go to the post office with the two year old LOL
Old 06-14-2011, 03:04 PM

I will not swap out the blocks until the last of the swap. I will try and make sure everyone gets different blocks back. But, I want you all to know that there might be a block back of your own. I certainly cannot control that without putting a cap on the swappers. It should be fine though, don't worry. That is what you have me for! LOL!

There are other things that must be done besides just swapping them out. LOL! Those things are the measuring, inspecting, making sure there is enough postage on the envelopes for returning your blocks, filling out declaration papers for blocks going out of country, ect. That is just having to do with the blocks, not keeping account of the swappers, notifications, ect.

Don't you worry, I will do the very best organizing I know how to do. LOL! I bet you thought that I just sat around eating bon bon's ... LOL!

Red
i'm sorry i thought you said a few posts back that you were going to swap the blocks out early for those people who sent in early.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:36 PM

I'm trying but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it done before then. I cut 2 sets and am now embroidering. I was going to take them with me on vacation to finish but I may just zip through them before then...

Originally Posted by heyjami
Hey, is this side trading? I haven't had time to read through all 55 pages of posts, but I thought these were due in July?
Hi Everyone I got Hooked, Moonrise and Roberts Blocks in the mail today. They are just wonderful I love them all.
I have gotten 17 (I think) of the swappers blocks already. I told the swappers if I got them all early, I would send them back early. I also mentioned that in the rules page that I would take the blocks anytime anyone wanted to send them. That makes it a little easier on me doing the swap too. See?

I want to do a christmas/winter themed swap after this one. It would be nice if everyone had thiers in early. Hint hint ... lol!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

Please don't stress over mailing them early. It is a month until they are due officially. I know people have lives, that is why I made this such a long swap.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:28 PM

Last Christmas I participated in the santa theme blocks. Only swap I've done and it was AWESOME! To think I have blocks from around the US and world. I love a swap. I'm working on my halloween blocks to swap.
Just a thought, since there's all kinds of Christmas maybe a more focused theme? Theme- Christmas songs some examples would be 12 days of Christmas, jingle bells, 3 kings, I saw mommy kissing santa. Just a thought...
Old 06-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Power Poster

I am sorry the administration perfers to leave it open so all persons can participate in the swap. That is the reason it is winter/christmas.

But, I am glad you are making your blocks to swap with us. We are looking forward to seeing them!

I finished up my last halloween set today. I will share with everyone a little later. "~)

Red
Old 06-16-2011, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

We have a new swapper mizkyp. This is her first swap, so please welcome her!

I finished my last set so I thought maybe you all might want to see them. I decided on sparkly ghosties looking though the window and the last set. What do you all think?

9 1/2 inches
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212266[/ATTACH]

They each have thier own face (personality) LOL!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212267[/ATTACH]

Last two of the crazy patches.,,, 12 1/2 inches
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212268[/ATTACH]

Here is all of them!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212269[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-212260.jpe   attachment-212261.jpe   attachment-212262.jpe   attachment-212263.jpe