Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fun Halloween Block Swap ....      In the mail everyone!!.. >

Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!..

Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!..

Old 06-29-2011, 11:44 AM

love to do a christmas swap also

Linda
Old 06-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Power Poster

Hi everyone!!
I went looking around the web today at christmas/winter blocks and I have got to go shopping for some of my fabrics. What a pity .... LOL!

I have had a couple persons pm me about it being too late to join up. ??? I want anyone that is interested in joining to know there are a couple weeks left before the signup closes. If you have time to get them done and mailed to me before the august deadline... Please do join in the fun!

It was so much fun to make the blocks with halloween fabrics. That holiday just seems to fly by and it is nice to have something hanging around before that day to remind us it is coming. LOL... don't you think?
Old 06-29-2011, 05:01 PM

The sign up date is getting closer. I can hardly wait to see what I get back. Hurry up and come back to me! :lol:
Old 06-29-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Hi everyone!!
I went looking around the web today at christmas/winter blocks and I have got to go shopping for some of my fabrics. What a pity .... LOL!

I have had a couple persons pm me about it being too late to join up. ??? I want anyone that is interested in joining to know there are a couple weeks left before the signup closes. If you have time to get them done and mailed to me before the august deadline... Please do join in the fun!

It was so much fun to make the blocks with halloween fabrics. That holiday just seems to fly by and it is nice to have something hanging around before that day to remind us it is coming. LOL... don't you think?
will you tell us here when you start the "winter" one?
Old 06-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by katvert
ooo... this one sounds soo cool, Halloween is huge in our house.
I really want to do this one, but will put it on the back-burner for now. (nursing school graduation is in 6 weeks and I need to study)
I forgot to ask ... How did the nursing school go Katvert? Did you graduate?
Old 06-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Hi everyone!!

will you tell us here when you start the "winter" one?
Hi short and sweet .... You can start them anytime you want. I will be starting the christmas/winter one as soon as the sign up ends on the halloween swap. (july 15th)

I talked to patrice about it a while back and she seemed receptive to it. She just asked that I remind her when the time came to open it up. And that we keep it to a winter.. holiday type swap so everyone would feel comfortable joining. I have to write up the rules and the other things. But, they will be close to these rules, so it shouldn't be too hard to do that.

I am hoping everyone is on time with the blocks and that I don't need to tighten up on the dates. It has been so nice that people have sent early. It could get hairy if I had them all come at once at the end. So a big thanks to all who did and will from here on in.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:26 PM

For the Cghristmas swap I would like to do enough blocks to cver a bed, like 3 set of 12. Of course if you added blocks of your own then maybe a lesser amount would do or you can fewer blocks and use real wide borders with the wide stripping fir the inside.

This is somewhat early but I like to get my coming time and work cordinating so it will all be done by the 23Dec.so please bear with me on my early posts.
Regarding the Christmas blocks I would like to be able to make more blocks in sets of 6 to get a total of at least 24 blocks, some may prefer more. I like to put mine together with 6 blocks across and 8 down,sewing together with 2 1/2 inch strips and enjoy a fancy border made of some of the blocks I make for myself. Unless the boss agrees tolet us make more blocks for the swap I will have to make as many or more blocks for myself as I send. No complaints there as I like my work and have a lot of Christmas fabs.
Would you believe my cat is sitting on my computer desk eating my chunky peanutbutter sandwich. My little dog is waiting for his share. The 2year old GGS was helping on my puter picking out happy punkins faces and cats for his quilt.
Somewhere this week I saw neat block, black Witches boots with curled up toes with striped socks. Had a big funky green patch on side of upper boot. While I can draw the boots it was handier and much quicker to copy.
I do not know how to take pictures and place them so you all can see some of my work. Would anyone like to share it.
Other items to consider swapping would be teatowels(2/3) potholders, 2/3 guest towels, wall hanging or flag. Even a fancystrip cloth for the table would be lovely. Frankly one of the purses under discussion recently would be nice. We could even choose from 2 or 3 items we would like to make and be more fun for us. Since I do not have the pattern and short of funds I would and could make up a different pattern. Christmas is always so busy, busy, so short of time with so much to stitch that a swap finished when you receive it would be so much easier. Christmas blocks at my house would be a joy to receive but no time til Feb/Mar to get serious to put together.I live doing the appliqued towels both kitchen and guest. Something to sit and think about ladies while you busy getting these Halloween blocks ready to ship.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:03 PM

I noticed that Carsey already has a fall color swap and a winter/holiday swap started. Will administration let us have 2 similar swaps of the same thing?
Old 06-30-2011, 03:39 PM

I like these smaller ones (6 block sets) rather than the 12 block sets
Old 06-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Power Poster

I will send her off a pm and make sure. But, this swap is a funky one with different sizes. I had spoke to her about it, so I am hoping she will say yes.

I saw that carsey had posted a couple more swaps at once. I thought about it and I think it could be a good thing to have both the big ones and these. We will see what patrice says. She does have the final word.