Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    You didn't insult me BRT....I just am trying hard to keep up with everybody's and was hoping that I hadn't messed up...I know I've done that already...(I updated someone's info with somebody else's stuff...so I messed up those 2 royally!)...So...please help keep me on my toes...or chicken feet as it may be :lol: :lol:

Now, I'll go try to update your stuff...wait..is that 3...3" blocks or 3 sets of 3" blocks??? :lol: :lol:
    Ok, I just went to look at what I'm making..
    it should read 5 sets (3 sizes to be yet determined), but the other 2 sets are 9x9 and 6x6.
    HTH with knowing the sizes for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    I got a new machine so that I learn to do machine applique. Can someone that machine appliques please tell me what to set the length and width of the blanket stitch at? I would appreciate the help! I also changed the size of the blocks I am doing for this set to 6.5 x 9.5.
    Congrats on your new machine. What kind did you get? As far as the blanket stitch settings, it just depends on how big you want them to be. Depending on the size of your applique, etc. I always do a test first to make sure it's going to fit in with it and not be to big or to small.

You didn't insult me BRT....I just am trying hard to keep up with everybody's and was hoping that I hadn't messed up...I know I've done that already...(I updated someone's info with somebody else's stuff...so I messed up those 2 royally!)...So...please help keep me on my toes...or chicken feet as it may be :lol: :lol:

Now, I'll go try to update your stuff...wait..is that 3...3" blocks or 3 sets of 3" blocks??? :lol: :lol:
    I have 6 sets total. three sets of three inch blocks. (2 sets of chickens, and 1 set of eggs.) then I am making a set of roosters, and two sets of 3d flying geese because I am in love with that technique. Im making those long and skinny, so they can be either vertical or horizontal. The rooster and "geese" are both scrappy, but the "geese" are made out of scrappy chicken prints, so they're neat to look at. I may hit a quilting store and get more chicken fabric, and make the strips of flying geese really long. I have all sorts of chickens flying around in my brain at the moment. My poor sheep.

ANd Sandpat, Thanks for all the hard work you have done already on this swap. We don;t say it enough, but I am sure that we all appreciate you! I for one think your swell! (WOrd of the day calendar, Sorry. I had to fit swell in somewhere... and you fit the bill!)

At my little house, buried under a pile of fabric.
    TY! Tuesy. I got a Brother SE 350, it is the first embroidery machine I have had! This is very exciting!

Blog Entries
    Well GEE BRT...I'm :oops: now... sure glad you got to use that calendar word!

I updated you and Tuesy...so the list (hopefully) is somewhat correct anyway.

And Karen, on 12 x 12 blocks, I usually set my stitch length at 2 x 2 for the blanket stitch. You will probably want to just try it out to see what looks good. When areas get skinny, I always try to adjust the length of the stitch, so it gets smaller the skinnier the piece gets.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    Quote Originally Posted by susiequilt
    That's adorable!
    Do you do the blanket stitching with just one color or do you try to match colors?

I'm not in this swap.....yet. I'm nosey!
    I will just do one color..I haven't decided if I am just doing black...or if I should just do clear...thinking!
    I'm not in this and it is none of my business, but I just don't think those ladies would wear basic black. Those are the Red Hat Ladies of the chicken coop! Their blanket stitching would be done in some neon color that screams "Look out world, the hens have arrived!"
    You are probably right...thinking!...thinking! Thinking!

Blog Entries
    Charismah.....just go with your gut...you'll make the right decision :wink:

TY very much Sandpat! I have some very small pieces and I believe that I am going to do by hand....is there any reason that you couldn't straight stitch the rest? I am having fun learning the new machine, but would prefer to send you all better thastn I have turned out so far practicing.

Blog Entries
    HEre is my next set.....it is supposed to be a chicken in a casserole dish.....but the wild colors may not make it look like it....and the tag says : Mom's famous chicken casserole.

I still have to stitch around these gals as well. These are 12x12 finished
    Attached Images Attached Images

Charismah - I love it!

Blog Entries
    I think I am going to add a small button or bead eye...and some flowers on either side of my tag...just need to figure out what embellishments I am going to add exactly...

another fantastic chicken! i love your creative colors. they really pop!

Charismah, they look fantastic!!

(BTW, my husband has been carrying around your mini quilt for a week now in his car. Grr. I will personally be bringing your quilt and goodies to the post office and sending it priority, so you should get it soon. )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
    Charismah, they look fantastic!!

(BTW, my husband has been carrying around your mini quilt for a week now in his car. Grr. I will personally be bringing your quilt and goodies to the post office and sending it priority, so you should get it soon. )
    Oh It's OK ..no need to worry! NO rush! I know you have alot going on... :-D

Blog Entries
    That's the best chicken pot pie I've seen in a long time!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    TY very much Sandpat! I have some very small pieces and I believe that I am going to do by hand....is there any reason that you couldn't straight stitch the rest? I am having fun learning the new machine, but would prefer to send you all better thastn I have turned out so far practicing.
    Oh gosh Karen, blocks done by hand are so special! You can do them however you would like, but I'm sure you are being harsh in your judgement of your practicing blocks.

:D

Blog Entries
    Charismah....that is a really good lookin' casserole!! :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    That's the best chicken pot pie I've seen in a long time!
    :lol: I do agree!!!

Blog Entries
    OK Gals..I went shopping...never a good thing (maybe) and I got some embellishments for my chickens....small buttons for eyes...brightly colored ric-rak for my pot and then I picked up some more funky chickens..so yes..I will be doing a third set..maybe a fourth.....sheesh! I don't even like chickens but these funky ones are just to cute to resist!

Blog Entries
    Oh boy Charismah!!! I have a shopping trip planned as well....we'll just have to see what happens...its usually an almost melted credit card... :roll:

Oh boy Charismah!!! I have a shopping trip planned as well....we'll just have to see what happens...its usually an almost melted credit card... :roll:
    Might as well get the bom fire going now, cause I'm going shopping tomorrow! :lol:

I found one of the chickens I'm going to be doing.. had to order the pattern, and maybe those eggs..
    I still don't know the sizes yet :roll:

Blog Entries
    Tuesy...those are adorable and I LOVE the egg idea! This is the bestest chicken swap we've ever had I think!!

Here is the 3rd block (practice)! They are getting better...maybe by the end of March! TY for vote of confidence Sandpat! Not the greatest picture..the colors are brighter than they look.

What awesome chickens Charismah!

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast